Gage of wrapping wire.

Friep

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
Is the use of higher gauge wire for the outer wrap of fused claptons where the flavour is hidden?

Basically what I am trying to figure out is using 40ga and up for your outer wrap producing better foavour and the reason for this.

My understanding is that the outer wrap provides additional surface area and acts as a tipe of heatsink to provide better flavour.

For me then the thinner the wire of the outer wrap the more wraps around your core the greater the surface area the better the flavour or am I missing the plot?

Will there be a break point where the wire is so thin that it starts to become "solid" so that you loose the benefit of your claptons?

What gage wrapping wire produces good results?

Sorry Mnr but it's actually the opposite, thinner wire has a much higher resistance than lower ( think 28 gauge vs 22 gauge ) due to less space for the electrons to "flow through"... "electricity will always take the path of least resistance"... ahh N4 industrial electronics, how that textbook will never be forgotten :confused:
I had the textbook bro.
Take a normal straw and a KFC crusher straw.you pull harder on the crusher straw to get the stuff where it needs to be due to more surface.the thinner wire will get it there faster but will also heat up faster.
You can take a hosepipe and a fire hose.electricity follows the same principal you need more current to push it through a thicker wire.

Resistance is futile

I had the textbook bro.
Take a normal straw and a KFC crusher straw.you pull harder on the crusher straw to get the stuff where it needs to be due to more surface.the thinner wire will get it there faster but will also heat up faster.
You can take a hosepipe and a fire hose.electricity follows the same principal you need more current to push it through a thicker wire.

Resistance is futile
Me too bro industrial electronics n4 the green book not the brown one

Resistance is futile

And thats where the confusion comes in same wire different gages can carry the same voltage but at different currents at about the same speed.thicker wire will carry more current and dissapate the heat while smaller wire can't take the current of heavy loads and heats up faster.

Resistance is futile

And thats where the confusion comes in same wire different gages can carry the same voltage but at different currents at about the same speed.thicker wire will carry more current and dissapate the heat while smaller wire can't take the current of heavy loads and heats up faster.

Resistance is futile
So are we friends now or are we still going to argue instead of help our buddies

Resistance is futile

The problem comes s with the wraps being much longer than the cores. That's why I strip the ends where it connects to the posts so current doesn't go directly through the thinner wire and if I use thicker wire for wrap I do the same.the resistance changes by wire length not coils on DC

Resistance is futile

Right now I'm using flat nichrome wire not kanthal on my builds.not something you find anywhere

Resistance is futile

Right now I'm using flat nichrome wire not kanthal on my builds.not something you find anywhere

Resistance is futile
This is a bad PIC but I tried to get it as good as I can
87d4db3ba4a1d24597adaf0706630864.jpg

Resistance is futile

And at .4ohms I can't focus this fone but at 35w then prime then use.kylin tank base modified dripper
32c8d34ec43522015e595f42be587090.jpg

Resistance is futile

Reason I'm using flat nichrome is because I think I figured out clapton and needed to experiment with other wire

Resistance is futile

@Friep @greyza @Smoke a lama just ry.to strip the wrap of an old coil and try it in n your Atty.if it works for you guys then we got the bull by its horns

Resistance is futile

Then that won't fix the issue I have. What tends to happen is that the outer wraps snap while strumming them, especially when using 1 of those wire brushes.
36ga is my happy place as it has fine enough to push out great flavour yet it has enough mass to carry a lot of wattage.
Ya you probably vape at high wattage.what you doing is changing the temper of your coil. So if you changing cotton don't remove it burn it off (open air) or cut it off and anneal your coil then its not too brittle

Resistance is futile

Back