Game Changers

As I read through your posts, I agree on everything, and suddenly realised, the biggest game changer in my vaping journey is..........
images (1).jpeg

@Petrus - that is a true story indeed. But here are the game changers for my relatively short journey : 1. Smok Alien - from smoking to vaping. 2. Serpent SMM - from stock coils to building. 3. VT Inbox - introduction to Sqounking. 4. SXK BB - opened up a whole new world for me. Looking back to April this year when I started vaping, till now, those are some of the game changers that led me to where I am now. This is realy taking shape.

Sent by iDad's iPhone

Oh wow, @Rob Fisher - this is an epic thread!
Five stars

I have several pieces of equipment that changed things for me - some of them are still in use today!!
Will see what I can find and post it when I get a chance

The mighty Innokin MVP2 is one of the most reliable regulated mods I have had.

I got a second one because I was so happy with it. It's only 11 Watts but has a 4,400 mah battery so it lasts for days on a low power high nic MTL setup.

This mod is so reliable that both of them have been in daily use for about 3.5 years after getting them. The last 2 years or so they were annexed by my wife as her daily drivers.

Took this photo this morning.

What a legendary device. Rock solid and dependable. (I will talk about the Evod on top in a separate post)

cfcb5f6af20210a577a6cd4e0e423f8b.jpg

I entered my vaping journey with a Twisp, and was on and off stinkies, so I stumbled across this forum (Ecigsssa). Immediately I started to investigate, and what trigger me was the coil building. @Silver convinced me to getting a Kangertech Subbox Mini Kit, and boom, stinkies gone. Then I stated to read on the Reo pages, need I say more. @Andre , my mentor helped me to get hold off a Reo, the last white SL/LP Grand at Vapour Mountain. Needless to say me and @Rob Fisher , started getting along so well, at that time I thought he was the Vaping god, aka Reo Master. The rest is history to all my forum members/friends will know, I LOVE SQUONKING.

My apologies for being boring by adding to the long list of Kangertech Toptank Mini users who found this RTA to be their game changer.
Whilst the RTA itself was/is a masterpiece what was really the game changer for me was the RBA Coil Head.
Most of us now use the RBA Plus, however, the original was the game changer. This was where I started coil building. Look closely at the build decks of many of the "modern" RTAs. They are often very similar to the Toptank Mini RBA coil head (deck).
Not bad for a Chinese product !
My others would be.... the EVOD (I still have a few) Hadaly and Skyline.
2390d700-15.jpg

This post is dedicated to a very special atty for me.

The humble yet mighty Kangertech Evod1. With a stock standard 1.8 ohm silica coil.

b7a0b6a70980bb1244af847e4937a3eb.jpg

Have used this atty daily for about 3 years. It's my morning MTL companion and my portable vape that goes with me everywhere.

Have it on the istick20 and firing at only 6 watts. So it needs a strong juice to give a decent vape.

My juice of choice in this atty is Vapour Mountain Berry Blaze 18mg with 6-8 drops of extra menthol concentrate added per tankful.

I find the silica coil brings out the slight sourness in the juice which I like so much.

Incredibly reliable and has never leaked on me unless I did something wrong which has happened maybe twice in 3 years. This is my ultra dependable vape and the best part is that if it breaks it's relatively inexpensive to replace. Am on my third one so far.

I love my Evod1 for mild Fruity Menthol MTL vapes!

Last edited:
Over our vaping journey there have been a few game changers... what vaping goodies do you consider as Game Changers?

I'll start with the Aspire Nautilus... it certainly changed the game!
View attachment 114876
I have no pics but I'll say the SX Mini and the Wismec RX200 as it was a harbinger to the watts race.
Though I'd be remiss if I didn't mention my Kanger ego topped with an Aspire K1,I was in vape heaven coming off of cig- A- likes.

Last edited:
This post is dedicated to a very special atty for me.

The humble yet mighty Kangertech Evod1. With a stock standard 1.8 ohm silica coil.

b7a0b6a70980bb1244af847e4937a3eb.jpg

Have used this atty daily for about 3 years. It's my morning MTL companion and my portable vape that goes with me everywhere.

Have it on the istick20 and firing at only 6 watts. So it needs a strong juice to give a decent vape.

My juice of choice in this atty is Vapour Mountain Berry Blaze 18mg with 6-8 drops of extra menthol concentrate added per tankful.

I find the silica coil brings out the slight sourness in the juice which I like so much.

Incredibly reliable and has never leaked on me unless I did something wrong which has happened maybe twice in 3 years. This is my ultra dependable vape and the best part is that if it breaks it's relatively inexpensive to replace. Am on my third one so far.

I love my Evod1 for mild Fruity Menthol MTL vapes!
As you've attested vapers had to be more creative to get that perfect vape in the olden days. Maybe things have gotten too easy for us now.The hardest thing is the multitude of choices we have.

As you've attested vapers had to be more creative to get that perfect vape in the olden days. Maybe things have gotten too easy for us now.The hardest thing is the multitude of choices we have.
@kev mac, the olden days being 30 months ago? LOL

You are right though, feels so long ago. Been in the game exactly two years next Monday but it feels sooo much longer.

Game Changers:
Aspire nautilus, first real tank.
Kanger topbox with Sub Tank Mini, first real, real tank and mod (VW! High Tech) and intro to coil building.
VTC Mini, hitting the big time! 75 W with TC.
Obs Crius, dual coil RTA.

Regards

Ok next game changer for me

Reo/RM2

5962740aecc687c998d46d869727d393.jpg

Got this in May14. Has been in daily use since. This changed the game for me with regard to strong tobacco mouth to lung.

The flavour and throat hit for me is just perfect. Has pretty much had Blackbird in it for the whole time.

Perfect draw tightness for me with the stock RM2 airhole. And gorgeous rich flavour. With my 29g paracoil the vape is instant and crisp.

Have tried several other MTL options but none do as much justice to the strong tobaccoes as this.

As for the Reo, well it hasn't given me any problems so I am happy.

This setup I call Thumper aka Reo Black. And I use it every morning with coffee and on the odd occasion when I need a strong nic vape.

Next up on my game changers is the eLeaf Lemo1

2fe46b7700477599b5faca4033ce9107.jpg

This changed the game for me with regard to pinprick sharp strawberry menthol flavour.

It has such a delicate pure flavour. Crystal clear.... and razor sharp. Perfect for me for my Vapour Mountain Strawberry and menthol concentrate "blend".

I have tried several other setups and some get close but none deliver the same kind of taste.

I just recoiled and rewicked it now, hence this post. Amazed at the sharpness in the flavour every time it gets pitstopped, which is not often ;-)

It's a low power restricted lung vape. Toward the end of longer drags I get a pleasing menthol singe of the throat.

I suppose the flavour comes from its Kayfun type design and shape of chimney. Despite trying several drip tips the stock long thin one is the best.

Took a while to get the wicking right and it's not very forgiving. But thanks to @BumbleBee back in the day and a bit of effort and patience it is now easy. Rayon wick used because it enhances the menthol.

This is my 'computer vape'. I never tire of the juice and the large juice capacity lasts a long time. No need to squonk. Just grab, press and vape. Not too much Vapour so I can see the screen ;-)

It's been paired with the trusty Sig100 plus since the start. And that too is a heck of a mod. The best part is its large fire button. Hasn't missed a beat since I got it. The best fire button on any regulated mod I've used.

This is for me the perfect mindless vaping desk setup. Long may it continue....

Last edited:
What I thought would be a real 'game changer' was ceramic coils alas they didn't seem to quite make it. C'est la vie.

Dave

Another real Game Changer for me has been the Billet Box... I am never ever without a BB! Best out and about device ever!
BBGC1.JPG

3D printed. Solid construction. Good electronics. Lightweight. Moderate priced. Battery Mods. They give newbies a chance to experience the hobby. Without breaking the bank. Also a must for any collection.
long_all.jpg

This forum, opened up a lot of knowledge and exposure to vaping in general to me, without it I'd still be on twisp or back to cigarettes.

Vape hardware changes so much and they recycle old ideas on a quicker turn around than hollywood, that I honestly can't even care anymore, nor does anything stick out as having changed vaping for me.

With a history shrouded in the Vapes of time, this original eGo design marked the start of a hugely popular format that spawned many versions, products or clones (whichever way you want to look at it). I think it had a huge impact on the industry and I think many can attribute it to getting into vaping in the first place.

janty-ego-c-vv.jpg

This forum, opened up a lot of knowledge and exposure to vaping in general to me, without it I'd still be on twisp or back to cigarettes.

Vape hardware changes so much and they recycle old ideas on a quicker turn around than hollywood, that I honestly can't even care anymore, nor does anything stick out as having changed vaping for me.
But you found the love of your life here on the forum... @Stosta. Not to mention you have had the privilege of meeting me :D

Reo Mini / RM2

This little guy was also a big game changer for me for its portability and feel in the hand.

• Incredible mouth to lung vape.
  • Portable.
  • And one of the best feels in the hand of the setups ive had. It just feels so comfortable.

154c131fb40b6d8f049860ac6d73e1a1.jpg

Has accompanied me on many business trips and holidays. Not a sausage of a problem in several years.

I used to vape VM Choc Mint with some coffee concentrate drops. What a glorious dependable vape on the go. It kept me going for a long time.

My batteries got old so it got benched. But it's back in action now with new purple Efests. A bit limited given the small 18500 battery so I have upped the nic and it will now be a pocket occasional high nic toot. Suits it well also given the lower juicy capacity.

What a device this has been. Huge respect for the little Reo Mini and RM2.

In my 4 or so years of vaping the following really stood out for me.

The mod:

When the RX200 came out it was the first three battery mod my friends and I knew about. If you had one it immediately pulled attention and everyone knew you were serious about vaping. I have my 200s for quite some time and I don't think I'd ever get rid of it.

The tank:

When subohm vaping took took SA by storm a lot of my friends went out and bought Kangertech Subox Minis, when I took a chance and opted for an Aspire Atlantis V2 instead it was on another level. (According to my mates and I) the flavour, clouds and overall usability of the tank was unrivaled. I still have it and my wife uses it on the odd occasion.

The E-liquid:

At a time where there were less than 50 different e-liquids to choose from I found one that was one of the greatest juices ever made; One Hit Wonder Muffin Man. Anything after a tank of that just tasted bland and muted. I just wish I could find the damn thing locally again!

for me its present day.

Not so much, the limitless itself, but Nic salt pod systems.

It changed the way I vape for good.
LMCPLC-11.jpg

I would have to go for the following because they all played such a huge role in getting me to where i am today .......

Cotton - CB V2 : Fails to disappoint as a all-rounder
RDA - 22mm Single coils with Hadaly leading the pack
- 24mm Dual coils : OG, Reload and Tokugawa
Mods - Squonkers regulated : Therion 75W and the Gbox 100W
- Normal regulated : Evic VTC Mini, Epetite, R150, HCigar Vt75D and the Sig213
Vendor - Black Vapour, Throat Punch, Juicy Joes and The Vape Guy : based on range, HONESTY, prices, communication and customer interest.
Forum - Ecigssa
Build - Simple clapton and the framed staple 2x28ga bordering 6x0.3 ribbons and claptoned with 38ga : SS or Nichr80
Battery - LG HG2

Back