Geekvape Ammit 25 leaking from base

Ok so after unboxing my package I went on to coil and wick the Ammit V2 in quite a hurry as I had to leave to pick up my wife and kids. Before I even left my front door, I got the infamous leak, through the airflow and between the tank and base.
It dripped all the way down my brand new Smoant Charon mini, as much dripping as a naughty little school girl.

I realised this was the common problem and didnt expect any less from it. I put it aside, grabbed my other setup and left the house. I figured I need to spend time with it and see what makes it tick.

Anyway, after a few cleaning and re-wicking attempts, I nailed it. No leaks, no sweat, as dry as a humble grandma.
I wicked it nice and loose down in the juice well, just about touching the base but the cotton packed more to the back, leaving space for juice to enter the deck freely but having the cotton soak it all up as quick as possible. Closed the juiceflow control and airflow control, filled up with juice, closed topcap, turned it upside down, opened juiceflow, opened airflow and turned it around and look at how beautifully this things bubbles. I am a firm believer that when your tank bubbles like this, you're wicking game is on point.

I have re-filled now about 5 times today, still no leaksIMG_20180717_203916.jpg IMG_20180717_203927.jpg IMG_20180717_203934 (1).jpg IMG_20180717_203934.jpg

Ok so after unboxing my package I went on to coil and wick the Ammit V2 in quite a hurry as I had to leave to pick up my wife and kids. Before I even left my front door, I got the infamous leak, through the airflow and between the tank and base.
It dripped all the way down my brand new Smoant Charon mini, as much dripping as a naughty little school girl.

I realised this was the common problem and didnt expect any less from it. I put it aside, grabbed my other setup and left the house. I figured I need to spend time with it and see what makes it tick.

Anyway, after a few cleaning and re-wicking attempts, I nailed it. No leaks, no sweat, as dry as a humble grandma.
I wicked it nice and loose down in the juice well, just about touching the base but the cotton packed more to the back, leaving space for juice to enter the deck freely but having the cotton soak it all up as quick as possible. Closed the juiceflow control and airflow control, filled up with juice, closed topcap, turned it upside down, opened juiceflow, opened airflow and turned it around and look at how beautifully this things bubbles. I am a firm believer that when your tank bubbles like this, you're wicking game is on point.

I have re-filled now about 5 times today, still no leaksView attachment 139146 View attachment 139147 View attachment 139148 View attachment 139149

nice one @Rascals003 !

I also came to find that the leaking was due to me being stingy with my wicking,it's tricky but the patience pays off.There was still a minor amount of 'sweating', suppose you could call it but nothing as bad as before.

Sent from my PRA-LX2 using Tapatalk

Hey Guys and Girl, @geekvape I decided to purchase your Ammit Dual Coil Version RTA about a week ago. So here is where I am with this I have watched every video I can find on wicking and building this RTA I have watched all the fixes on how to stop this RTA from leaking and tried all of them and in the last week NOTHING has worked. This RTA is still leaking. I have been vaping for quite some time now both on Mech and Regulated RDA, RDTA and RTA's Single and Dual so I am confident that I have wicked this RTA in everyway possible and yet it still leaks. My Major issue here is that I decided to rather go with this Ammit that the new Kylin II so where now I have ordered the Kylin II and was going to right this off as a bad RTA and rather not get another GeekVape Atty. But Then... I have seen all the complaints here and on the net and it seems that this is still an issue after so many people have complained. These are still in circulation for us to waste our money on and even with this I am left with a saw point in my heart because I am truly a geekvape fan. So where to from here. Please let me know how I get this resolved? Thanks

@Tontoe I feel your pain. Nothing worse than buying an RTA and it just doesn't work for you right off the bat. I had both the Ammit Single 22mm and 25mm. Both were excellent flavour wise, but no matter how you wick it, it eventually leaks. Luckily RTA's have evolved and there are excellent flavour RTA's which do not leak.

If you're a dual coil fan, rather consider the Reload or QP Fatality. I replaced my Ammit with an Augvape Intake single coil and it's been excellent. I am considering getting the QP Juggerknot Mini as my next RTA.

@Tontoe I feel your pain. Nothing worse than buying an RTA and it just doesn't work for you right off the bat. I had both the Ammit Single 22mm and 25mm. Both were excellent flavour wise, but no matter how you wick it, it eventually leaks. Luckily RTA's have evolved and there are excellent flavour RTA's which do not leak.

If you're a dual coil fan, rather consider the Reload or QP Fatality. I replaced my Ammit with an Augvape Intake single coil and it's been excellent. I am considering getting the QP Juggerknot Mini as my next RTA.
@Wimmas Thanks for the response I have gon ahead an ordered the Kylin II which should be here today woop woop. I have decided to write the GeekVape RTA's off as a bad experience and move onto better things. lol :D

Back