Geekvape Blitzen RTA

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Blitzen RTA from Geekvape. The Blitzen RTA was supplied for the purpose of this review by Lily Pan from the Healthcabin.

https://www.healthcabin.net/geekvape-bli...17124.html

In the Box

Contents:

1pc Blitzen RTA
1pc 2ml Spare Glass Tube
1pc 5ml Spare Bubble Glass Tube
1pc 510 Drip Tip
1pc 810 Drip Tip
1pc 510 Drip Tip Adapter
1pc Chimney Extender
1pc Chimney Key
1pc Allen Key
1pc Manual
1pc Spare parts pack

Aesthetics

The glass section of the Blitzen only takes up about 25% of it's height so there is plenty of colour of choice on show. I received the Black version which comes with a fitted Red resin 810 drip-tip fitted, it's also available in Gun Metal, Stainless Steel, Rainbow and Blue. Both base and top-cap have texturing which is aesthetic as the slippy finish means it doesn't help with grip but it doesn't need to as the resistance and quality on all the threading means no extra gripping aid is needed. It's also worth pointing out the airflow control has perfect resistance also, the build quality of the Blitzen is very impressive. On the front we have "BLITZEN" printed in white and the reverse a little logo also in white which i don't know what it's suppose to be, but it looks ok. The main aesthetic feature of the Blitzen is the side airflow which consists of 3 lines of small holes either side, 16 holes each side in total. The base of the tank has branding and safety stamps printed in white as well as a gold plated, protruding 510. The tank comes with 2 spare glass tubes a straight 2ml (the same as the glass pre-installed) and a 5ml bubble glass which does in my opinion give the Blitzen a very strange look. There are also many drip-tip options as well as the pre-installed resin drip- tip it also comes with a longer frosted 810, 510 adaptor and 510 delrin drip-tip.

Specs

● Capacity: 2ml ( pre-installed ) / 5ml
● Diameter: 24mm
● Thread: 510
● Build deck is built into the base for convenient access
● Compatible with 510 / 810 drip tip
● 18mm postless build deck allows easy coil building and supports both single and dual coil build
Colour: Gun Metal,Black,Rainbow,Blue,Silver

Assembling and Disassembling

Taking the Blitzen apart is easy enough especially using the tool provided for removing the juice fill plate from the glass. The top-cap screws off easily as does the base section with deck, that leaves the outer sleeve with attached air chamber, glass and juice fill plate. Now using the provided tool the juice fill plate can be removed and the glass pops straight off. When fitting the glass back you must make sure the o-ring is seated properly, also when swapping for the 5ml bubble glass you need to fit the extension pipe, then screw everything back up very carefully so the o-ring stays seated correctly. Filling the tank is the usual top-fill method, just unscrew the top-cap and fill via one of the juice slots.

The Airflow

The sleeve and air chamber are one piece and there are 2 slots at the top allowing juice to come down between the 2 to the deck juice ports. There are also 2 hollow cavities between the outer sleeve and air chamber sealed from the juice which will line up with the coils, meaning when the outer sleeve airflow is lined up with this cavity air is directed straight to the coils. The airflow is a series of 3 lines of small holes either side, (a total of 16 holes a side), this cheese grater type of airflow as been used a few times now either on the outside airflow control or as the air enters the deck and always seem to give a very smooth airflow and great flavour.

The build

The Blitzen build deck is a duel postless deck system which also allows for a single build. In my opinion despite being a fan of single coils a single build on the Blitzen would be a waste of it's flavour potential. Being a postless deck fixing your coils in place is very easy but with the blitzen it is best to use the sleeve cheese grater airflow as a guide to the height of the coils so you get full coverage, also once fitted manipulate the coils as near to the airflow as possible without risking it shorting out. Wicking is easy enough just don't stuff the fill ports so the juice will not be restricted. There are 2 cutouts at the bottom of the air chamber which line up with deck so the base will only screw on in the correct position with everything lined up correctly. One thing worth mentioning after doing a build trying to get the base section off my mod to put the tank together was a bit of a problem with all 3 builds i did due to the slippy finish on the Blitzen so it's hard to get a good grip and the way the tank screws together i couldn't just screw the tank to the base while it was on the device, no deal breaker as once the tank is together no problems, but worth mentioning.

Performance

I tried a single build and for me i just wouldn't bother again, the flavour was ok but the design is capable of much better with a duel. I learn't from my first duel build on the blitzen to get the best out of it the coil height is very important. My second effort i got spot on and the Blitzen produced awesome flavour and the airflow was as smooth as i've experienced from any tank. Another thing also worth mentioning is i suffered no leaking whatsoever from the Blitzen while i tested it.

Conclusion

With a duel build lined up perfectly with the cheese grater airflow the Blitzen gives awesome flavour but a single build is a waste of it's potential.

Pros

Good build Quality
Excellent threading
Awesome flavour with duel build
Simple to Build
Very Smooth Airflow
Resistance On Airflow Control Perfect
3 Drip-tips Included
510 Adaptor
2 Spare Glass 2ml/5ml Bubble Glass
Good Bag Of Spares

Cons

Hard To Get Deck Of Mod After Build
Very Average With Single Coil

I would once again like to thank Lily Pan from the Healthcabin for supplying the Blitzen RTA for the purpose of this review.

Theres a tank made in South Africa similar to this called the Bliksem RTA

Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Blitzen RTA from Geekvape. The Blitzen RTA was supplied for the purpose of this review by Lily Pan from the Healthcabin.

In the Box

Contents:

1pc Blitzen RTA
1pc 2ml Spare Glass Tube
1pc 5ml Spare Bubble Glass Tube
1pc 510 Drip Tip
1pc 810 Drip Tip
1pc 510 Drip Tip Adapter
1pc Chimney Extender
1pc Chimney Key
1pc Allen Key
1pc Manual
1pc Spare parts pack

Aesthetics

The glass section of the Blitzen only takes up about 25% of it's height so there is plenty of colour of choice on show. I received the Black version which comes with a fitted Red resin 810 drip-tip fitted, it's also available in Gun Metal, Stainless Steel, Rainbow and Blue. Both base and top-cap have texturing which is aesthetic as the slippy finish means it doesn't help with grip but it doesn't need to as the resistance and quality on all the threading means no extra gripping aid is needed. It's also worth pointing out the airflow control has perfect resistance also, the build quality of the Blitzen is very impressive. On the front we have "BLITZEN" printed in white and the reverse a little logo also in white which i don't know what it's suppose to be, but it looks ok. The main aesthetic feature of the Blitzen is the side airflow which consists of 3 lines of small holes either side, 16 holes each side in total. The base of the tank has branding and safety stamps printed in white as well as a gold plated, protruding 510. The tank comes with 2 spare glass tubes a straight 2ml (the same as the glass pre-installed) and a 5ml bubble glass which does in my opinion give the Blitzen a very strange look. There are also many drip-tip options as well as the pre-installed resin drip- tip it also comes with a longer frosted 810, 510 adaptor and 510 delrin drip-tip.

Specs

● Capacity: 2ml ( pre-installed ) / 5ml
● Diameter: 24mm
● Thread: 510
● Build deck is built into the base for convenient access
● Compatible with 510 / 810 drip tip
● 18mm postless build deck allows easy coil building and supports both single and dual coil build
Colour: Gun Metal,Black,Rainbow,Blue,Silver

Assembling and Disassembling

Taking the Blitzen apart is easy enough especially using the tool provided for removing the juice fill plate from the glass. The top-cap screws off easily as does the base section with deck, that leaves the outer sleeve with attached air chamber, glass and juice fill plate. Now using the provided tool the juice fill plate can be removed and the glass pops straight off. When fitting the glass back you must make sure the o-ring is seated properly, also when swapping for the 5ml bubble glass you need to fit the extension pipe, then screw everything back up very carefully so the o-ring stays seated correctly. Filling the tank is the usual top-fill method, just unscrew the top-cap and fill via one of the juice slots.

The Airflow

The sleeve and air chamber are one piece and there are 2 slots at the top allowing juice to come down between the 2 to the deck juice ports. There are also 2 hollow cavities between the outer sleeve and air chamber sealed from the juice which will line up with the coils, meaning when the outer sleeve airflow is lined up with this cavity air is directed straight to the coils. The airflow is a series of 3 lines of small holes either side, (a total of 16 holes a side), this cheese grater type of airflow as been used a few times now either on the outside airflow control or as the air enters the deck and always seem to give a very smooth airflow and great flavour.

The build

The Blitzen build deck is a duel postless deck system which also allows for a single build. In my opinion despite being a fan of single coils a single build on the Blitzen would be a waste of it's flavour potential. Being a postless deck fixing your coils in place is very easy but with the blitzen it is best to use the sleeve cheese grater airflow as a guide to the height of the coils so you get full coverage, also once fitted manipulate the coils as near to the airflow as possible without risking it shorting out. Wicking is easy enough just don't stuff the fill ports so the juice will not be restricted. There are 2 cutouts at the bottom of the air chamber which line up with deck so the base will only screw on in the correct position with everything lined up correctly. One thing worth mentioning after doing a build trying to get the base section off my mod to put the tank together was a bit of a problem with all 3 builds i did due to the slippy finish on the Blitzen so it's hard to get a good grip and the way the tank screws together i couldn't just screw the tank to the base while it was on the device, no deal breaker as once the tank is together no problems, but worth mentioning.

Performance

I tried a single build and for me i just wouldn't bother again, the flavour was ok but the design is capable of much better with a duel. I learn't from my first duel build on the blitzen to get the best out of it the coil height is very important. My second effort i got spot on and the Blitzen produced awesome flavour and the airflow was as smooth as i've experienced from any tank. Another thing also worth mentioning is i suffered no leaking whatsoever from the Blitzen while i tested it.

Conclusion

With a duel build lined up perfectly with the cheese grater airflow the Blitzen gives awesome flavour but a single build is a waste of it's potential.

Pros

Good build Quality
Excellent threading
Awesome flavour with duel build
Simple to Build
Very Smooth Airflow
Resistance On Airflow Control Perfect
3 Drip-tips Included
510 Adaptor
2 Spare Glass 2ml/5ml Bubble Glass
Good Bag Of Spares

Cons

Hard To Get Deck Of Mod After Build
Very Average With Single Coil

I would once again like to thank Lily Pan from the Healthcabin for supplying the Blitzen RTA for the purpose of this review.

I've used the Blitzen for a week now and had major leaking thru the airflow when refilling my tank. After trial and error I realised that the white o rings work best for vacuum issues and never fill the tank dropping the juice directly into the juice slots... This is a major cause of leaking and pressure in the tank. . So to some up when refilling.....
- close off airflow
- remover topcap
-fill slowly away from juice slots
- replace topcap
- open airflowDSC_0005.JPG

I've used the Blitzen for a week now and had major leaking thru the airflow when refilling my tank. After trial and error I realised that the white o rings work best for vacuum issues and never fill the tank dropping the juice directly into the juice slots... This is a major cause of leaking and pressure in the tank. . So to some up when refilling.....
- close off airflow
- remover topcap
-fill slowly away from juice slots
- replace topcap
- open airflowView attachment 154537
Once you've got the coil height correct, you'll be in flavour heaven, I recommend 3mm build just above the airflow slots, air will hit the coils just perfect then! IMG-20181221-WA0045.jpeg

Back