Geekvape Medusa RDTA - Winner

DirtyD

Vapeoholic Carfanatic
LV

Awards
Before I start going on about this RDTA , I would like to thank Christina and @Heaven Gifts

I have used the previous Geekvape products , and safe to say , this is definitely one of their best products of 2016/2017...

Before we get started, I would suggest you go out and buy one already :CHUKKLING:
:D:cool:

So let’s get started.

Packaging:

The packaging is very similar to all the other Geekvape products packaging with the orange and black type theme . The black with gold printing in my opinion looks really amazing and it feels like a quality product holding the box that it comes in.

On the front they mention the type of airflow, that it is indeed COMPACT (definitely) and elegant (oh yes it is :makeup:) - also that is consists of a drip fill system (we will discuss that in a jiffy :wait:
>:))

On the back of the packaging there is some information of how the tank can be used, a scratch and check for authenticity, some details of where the product is manufactured and a list of specifications.

Overall, it looked too good to not open immediately upon receiving it from the courier and delving in to see where and how I install my build and vape it 8--)
8--)8--)

Specifications:

• 3ml Tank Reservoir
  • 25mm Diameter
  • 38mm Height
  • Drip Filling System (drip on top of coils or fill reservoir on the side of coils)

Contents of package:

Inside the packaging you will receive:

• 1 x Orange Geekvape allenkey/philips head T-type screwdriver
  • 1 x Spare Bag which includes extra O-rings, extra screws for the build decks
  • 1 x User manual
Ease of Use:

I found it quite easy to use as an overall device, the price point definitely is amazing and to put a build in it is also easy (thanks to velocity style deck). The top cap comes loose easily by pulling up, but to fill it, you have to unlock the bottom section first and then fill on the sides of the building deck. This can be a pain in the :punch: (A$$) , but when you get it right it , you feel like a pro vaper :detenido:

Building:

You can put large builds into this atomizer, it has a big build deck as can be seen on the picture below.

I fitted a 5 wrap parralel fused clapton build ( wire by Geekvape ) inside with ease, and it came out to 0.15 ohms .

The post holes are quite large, and due to velocity style you can almost always line up the coils the way you want them , center hopefully (perfectionist :PINKHAPPY:)

The screws are large allenkey screws, 3mm x 4 mm IIRC. This makes it easy to tighten, and doesn't strip as easy as the smaller screws (especially with thick gauge wires e.g. 20/fused claps/etc.)

HQJObzd.jpg

Wicking:

Wicking the Medusa is a walk in the park, just put in some of your favourite wicking material, cut it down so that the ends of your wick just touch the bottom edge / underneath almost against the deck and then you stick them against the building deck with a little bit of juice - wetten the wicks, make them lie down and clamp it with the locking intersection middel deck...

Some Pro’s:

1. Its a good looking tank with awesome engraving
  2. Massive flavour and awesome clouds - seriously , its Goon equivalent (subjective and I do own a Goon 24, that I love, the Medusa has made me leave the Goon at home when I drive/go to work)
  3. RDA with a nice juice reservoir
  4. Very smooth airflow - and you can make it more restrictive easily by just turning the top section - I vape it with all airholes fully open
  5. Will look awesome on any mod - see below pictures, even my Minikin V2 with its surface scratches shines with this RDTA
Some Cons:

1. The chuff cap, its an super short Ultem chuff cap, it can get hot and it should include a extending chuff/interchangeable larger chuff/510 tip adaptor
  2. It can get quite hot on intensive vaping and no brakes in between
  3. Its addictive and you won't want it to leave your sight, its a beauty :inlove::inlove::inlove:

Overall Thoughts:

I seriously love this RDTA, and I have recommended it to a few of my vape friends/groups and now to the whole forum. I took an extra long time to write this review, and this is an super honest review. I would've bought me one if I didn't win this, and my friends are definitely already ordering/in near future they will order this product.

Rating out of 10 : 8. The chuff should've been longer/not as close to coils , but overall, an awesome product and I suggest you go out and test it / and definely order you one from local vendors or international such as @Heaven Gifts

Please feel free to comment below and say what you think, this is a open forum and I would like
Hope you enjoyed the read and that it is quite informative, hopefully I can do a few of them in the near future :)
:):):):):)

More pictures of my Medusa

hCVn1E5.jpg

UUSiJcT.jpg

JQikAaP.jpg

Before I start going on about this RDTA , I would like to thank Christina and @Heaven Gifts

I have used the previous Geekvape products , and safe to say , this is definitely one of their best products of 2016/2017...

Before we get started, I would suggest you go out and buy one already :CHUKKLING:

So let’s get started.

Packaging:

The packaging is very similar to all the other Geekvape products packaging with the orange and black type theme . The black with gold printing in my opinion looks really amazing and it feels like a quality product holding the box that it comes in.

On the front they mention the type of airflow, that it is indeed COMPACT (definitely) and elegant (oh yes it is :makeup:) - also that is consists of a drip fill system (we will discuss that in a jiffy :wait:

On the back of the packaging there is some information of how the tank can be used, a scratch and check for authenticity, some details of where the product is manufactured and a list of specifications.

Overall, it looked too good to not open immediately upon receiving it from the courier and delving in to see where and how I install my build and vape it 8--)
8--)8--)

Specifications:

• 3ml Tank Reservoir
  • 25mm Diameter
  • 38mm Height
  • Drip Filling System (drip on top of coils or fill reservoir on the side of coils)

Contents of package:

• 1 x User manual
Ease of Use:

I found it quite easy to use as an overall device, the price point definitely is amazing and to put a build in it is also easy (thanks to velocity style deck). The top cap comes loose easily by pulling up, but to fill it, you have to unlock the bottom section first and then fill on the sides of the building deck. This can be a pain in the :punch: (A$$) , but when you get it right it , you feel like a pro vaper :detenido:

Building:

You can put large builds into this atomizer, it has a big build deck as can be seen on the picture below.

I fitted a 5 wrap parralel fused clapton build ( wire by Geekvape ) inside with ease, and it came out to 0.15 ohms .

The post holes are quite large, and due to velocity style you can almost always line up the coils the way you want them , center hopefully (perfectionist :PINKHAPPY:)

The screws are large allenkey screws, 3mm x 4 mm IIRC. This makes it easy to tighten, and doesn't strip as easy as the smaller screws (especially with thick gauge wires e.g. 20/fused claps/etc.)

HQJObzd.jpg

Wicking:

Wicking the Medusa is a walk in the park, just put in some of your favourite wicking material, cut it down so that the ends of your wick just touch the bottom edge / underneath almost against the deck and then you stick them against the building deck with a little bit of juice - wetten the wicks, make them lie down and clamp it with the locking intersection middel deck...

Some Pro’s:

2. Massive flavour and awesome clouds - seriously , its Goon equivalent (subjective and I do own a Goon 24, that I love, the Medusa has made me leave the Goon at home when I drive/go to work)
  4. Very smooth airflow - and you can make it more restrictive easily by just turning the top section - I vape it with all airholes fully open
  5. Will look awesome on any mod - see below pictures, even my Minikin V2 with its surface scratches shines with this RDTA
Some Cons:

1. The chuff cap, its an super short Ultem chuff cap, it can get hot and it should include a extending chuff/interchangeable larger chuff/510 tip adaptor
  3. Its addictive and you won't want it to leave your sight, its a beauty :inlove::inlove::inlove:

Overall Thoughts:

I seriously love this RDTA, and I have recommended it to a few of my vape friends/groups and now to the whole forum. I took an extra long time to write this review, and this is an super honest review. I would've bought me one if I didn't win this, and my friends are definitely already ordering/in near future they will order this product.

Rating out of 10 : 8. The chuff should've been longer/not as close to coils , but overall, an awesome product and I suggest you go out and test it / and definely order you one from local vendors or international such as @Heaven Gifts

Please feel free to comment below and say what you think, this is a open forum and I would like
Hope you enjoyed the read and that it is quite informative, hopefully I can do a few of them in the near future :)

hCVn1E5.jpg

UUSiJcT.jpg

JQikAaP.jpg
Awesome review @DirtyD !

I have been so tempted by this Medusa, I really think it looks beautiful, and your review has made me want one even more. So while my SO might not be grateful, I certainly am!

Awesome review @DirtyD !

I have been so tempted by this Medusa, I really think it looks beautiful, and your review has made me want one even more. So while my SO might not be grateful, I certainly am!

Your SO will understand when she sees you are in a good mood everytime you take a pull from the Medusa lol. Get one bud, it's really an awesome product . Geekvape is making great competitively priced hardware again, the Peerless RDA is also amazing .. But get the Medusa :nod::nod::nod:

I picked one up at the vape meet on Saturday and I'm hooked! Coiled and wicked right first time. Flavour, flavour & flavour! Agree that it gets a touch warm, but so far hasn't been an issue for me but could be for guys vapibg at higher temps. The short chuff cap did put me off but I'm used to it already.

@Stosta , the positive effect the Medusa will have on your life can only bring a smile to Mrs Stosta :)

I picked one up at the vape meet on Saturday and I'm hooked! Coiled and wicked right first time. Flavour, flavour & flavour! Agree that it gets a touch warm, but so far hasn't been an issue for me but could be for guys vapibg at higher temps. The short chuff cap did put me off but I'm used to it already.

@Stosta , the positive effect the Medusa will have on your life can only bring a smile to Mrs Stosta :)
Haha!

Well then I'm going to have to get one! So far the only thing I have found that puts a smile on her face is chocolate cake or when I hurt myself.

Is it only for huge clouds? Looks like it, and my vaping style rarely requires big clouds, can this thing do smaller sized, higher ohm builds?

Haha!

Well then I'm going to have to get one! So far the only thing I have found that puts a smile on her face is chocolate cake or when I hurt myself.

Is it only for huge clouds? Looks like it, and my vaping style rarely requires big clouds, can this thing do smaller sized, higher ohm builds?
I've got a 5/6 wrap, twisted kanthal 28g with I think 3.5mm id. Yes, it's cloudy.

Use that info with the below pic to get an idea for your typical builds. (Yes, I still suck at building and fitting coils)

20170403_171030.jpg

@Stosta its quite big clouds with really good flavour! Think Goon , its amazing that it can do insane vapour production and great flavour together. This is a great RDTA seriously you'll love it . Order it already , enough with the questions lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So let’s get started.

Packaging:

8--)8--)

Specifications:

• 3ml Tank Reservoir
  • 25mm Diameter
  • 38mm Height

Contents of package:

• 1 x User manual
Ease of Use:

Building:

HQJObzd.jpg

Wicking:

Some Pro’s:

Some Cons:

Overall Thoughts:

hCVn1E5.jpg

UUSiJcT.jpg

JQikAaP.jpg
Great review @DirtyD
love the detail..

Hi @DirtyD

Great review here, thanks for the efforts

Can you just let us know, did you buy this product from Heaven Gifts? Or were you sent it by them for free for review purposes? That is not clear in your review.

Hi @DirtyD

Great review here, thanks for the efforts

Can you just let us know, did you buy this product from Heaven Gifts? Or were you sent it by them for free for review purposes? That is not clear in your review.

Hi @Silver , no problem and thanks for feedback

I won the Medusa and they asked me to review it if I would be so kind.

Hi @Silver , no problem and thanks for feedback

I won the Medusa and they asked me to review it if I would be so kind.

Ok great, thanks

Back