GeekVape Zeus X Mesh RTA 2ml/4.5ml (The Best Mesh RTA Yet)

Looking forward to seeing these tips. Please let me know what they are.
I'm trying to put a video together but I'm technologically challenged. Made one on my computer but would work better on my phone and I don't have a stand so need to figure out how to do it.

I'm trying to put a video together but I'm technologically challenged. Made one on my computer but would work better on my phone and I don't have a stand so need to figure out how to do it.
Thanks @LeislB
LeislB

Reporting back on my adventures with the Zeus X Mesh: Using the dischem cotton balls works great! This cotton somehow supplies the coils much better, and they are dirt cheap. I also started using a wicking technique that I found on another forum (see attached image). Basically the idea is that you don't need very much cotton in the wicking ports, and you can cut a lot of it away. Too much cotton in the ports seems to inhibit the capillaries in the wicking once the cotton has fully expanded.

I haven't been able to find any of the recommended vandyvape mesh yet. And since the GeekVape replacement mesh are *way* overpriced, and impossible to find at the moment, I bought some wotofo strips and just cut off a mm or so to make them fit. This works great and costs 1/10th the price of the GV strips. This would also work with VV mesh strips -- and it is a little annoying that GV decided to use slightly different dimensions than all the other mesh rebuildables. However, it's easy to either cut standard-sized strips, or, as I've seen elsewhere, you can easily file the build deck just slightly to make it possible to use a normal strips. I haven't tried this yet but probably will do it later.

I will hit you up, @LeislB, for some tips when I get the rest of the stuff, as I am still not totally satisfied. But I'm mostly happy with the zeus x mesh now.

Attachments

• wicking_styple_profile_unity_wicking.jpg
    wicking_styple_profile_unity_wicking.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 51
Hi @LeislB, still looking forward to this. What about some still pictures with descriptions. Sure that will help us.

Reporting back on my adventures with the Zeus X Mesh: Using the dischem cotton balls works great! This cotton somehow supplies the coils much better, and they are dirt cheap. I also started using a wicking technique that I found on another forum (see attached image). Basically the idea is that you don't need very much cotton in the wicking ports, and you can cut a lot of it away. Too much cotton in the ports seems to inhibit the capillaries in the wicking once the cotton has fully expanded.

I haven't been able to find any of the recommended vandyvape mesh yet. And since the GeekVape replacement mesh are *way* overpriced, and impossible to find at the moment, I bought some wotofo strips and just cut off a mm or so to make them fit. This works great and costs 1/10th the price of the GV strips. This would also work with VV mesh strips -- and it is a little annoying that GV decided to use slightly different dimensions than all the other mesh rebuildables. However, it's easy to either cut standard-sized strips, or, as I've seen elsewhere, you can easily file the build deck just slightly to make it possible to use a normal strips. I haven't tried this yet but probably will do it later.

I will hit you up, @LeislB, for some tips when I get the rest of the stuff, as I am still not totally satisfied. But I'm mostly happy with the zeus x mesh now.
I also read it wicks better if just not touching the bottom of the wicking well. But I guess that is a bit of a guess cutting the length to be tucked into the well.

I tried the other day and it didn't like the .mp4 format I wanted to upload. Hopefully someone will advise.
Not sure what formats are supported or if their is a file size limit, others may know more!

I think I am going to bench the Zeus Mesh for a while. I have watched countless videos on how to wick it correctly and for the first few tanks it's out of this world and then the dry hits start. I've gone through so much cotton and just can't get it to perform consistently. I think we need some time apart before we revisit this relationship.
I bought mine on the 3rd Aug so probably got it and wicked it up on the 5th. Am still using the same wick on 17th Aug which is 12 days. It is still working great.
My problem is me myself. I don't consistently draw air, sometimes I draw slow and sometimes faster. For a faster draw I can pump up the watts to 55 but if I draw slowly I get a dry hit. So I leave it on 29 Watts for safety and if I want a nice bit of flavour I pump it up and take a few draws, trying to remember to turn the wattage down so I don't inadvertently pick it up and take a slow draw. I just wish I could regulate my draw speed when I press the fire button. At 29 Watts my first draw in the morning is ice cold until the wick and fluid warm up with a few draws. I should actually get into the habit of turning it up for the first draw in the morning.

Thanks @LeislB and @Blends Of Distinction, will definitely try this on my next wick up. When I fed my first wick in I used a thin screwdriver on the side I was feeding the wick in from to depress the ceramic wick compression post. I also removed the internal chimney and put it over the wick and coil as it has location slots that may not align when you put the tank on but I assume you can't do that if your tank is not empty.
Great video. Thanks.

I followed it, it takes you to the 150 one, maybe it's a mistake on the website?

I followed it, it takes you to the 150 one, maybe it's a mistake on the website?
So funny, I actually bought the one on the website but did not realise until now they actually gave me the 200. Thanks for pointing it out. Will give feed back on how the 200 works when I have to replace the mesh. Are you using TC (Temp Control) with the Stainless, how is it working?

Back