General rules for flying with vape stuff

Hi guys

I would just like to give credit to the guys who all contributed to this thread i have just arrived back from the UK and had zero issues at all
I actually got a compliment from the lady at the UK customs desk that said that my goodies were very well packed and she wished others would do the same

Great to hear
Hope you had a good trip @Eequinox !

Oh Guys I had no problem taking my vape with me to Indonesia :)

Does anyone have any suggestions for what to pack 2 x 26650 batteries into when flying?

Silicone or hard plastic case. Available at most vendors

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have a quick question. How does the TPD affect vapers travelling from SA to England. Do I need to make sure not to take anything that is not TPD compliant. Will I be able to take juice from here to there?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I have a quick question. How does the TPD affect vapers travelling from SA to England. Do I need to make sure not to take anything that is not TPD compliant. Will I be able to take juice from here to there?

As far as I know those only apply to vendors, not consumers. Yes, you can take juice. Not more than 100 ml per ziplock bag.

As far as I know those only apply to vendors, not consumers. Yes, you can take juice. Not more than 100 ml per ziplock bag.
Thank you so much! And no problems with my tanks then? Because I know they have an issue with anything with over 2ml capacity

Thank you so much! And no problems with my tanks then? Because I know they have an issue with anything with over 2ml capacity

Should not be a problem as far as I know.

Andre so i can take 500ml of juice. as long as its in 100ml bottles sealed in bags?

When I flew up to Vapecon via Mango I had 800ml of ejuice, 6 batteries and 3 squonk mod kits and my carry-on luggage was not checked or queried at both check-ins and security checks.
They were just concerned about the laptop. :)
The one guy at Lanseria check-in was also a vaper and after I gave him 50ml of my Groot since he said it smelled great he organised me a window seat.
Sometimes pays to be a vaper. :)

I'm planning a trip to Zanzibar in December. Flying direct from Joburg.

Travel agent said I should keep it in my Check in luggage and NOT hand luggage. Now I am confused, because that goes against everything I read here.

I'm planning a trip to Zanzibar in December. Flying direct from Joburg.

Travel agent said I should keep it in my Check in luggage and NOT hand luggage. Now I am confused, because that goes against everything I read here.
Better to give the airline a call just to make sure or check their webpage on flight safety and guidelines.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I flew with etihad recently. And had a layover in Abu Dhabi. All my liquids were in checked luggage with 1 mod. And i carried a mod with in my hand luggage with the batteries packed separately in a case. I had no issues. Leaving Europe coming back i was carrying my mod in my pocket. Going through the screening i put my mod and cellphone on the tray and walked through. Picked my mod right back up and straight back into my pocket and boarded the plane. Had no issues with anyone. It seems as the only rule was to not vape on a plane. But having your vape on you was not an issue. Just make sure your bottles are 100ml. I also squeezed them till all the air was out then put the lids on. Had no leaking whatsoever. Hope this helps

Edit - I was not able to vape in Abu Dhabi tho. Even in the allocated smoking cubicles.

Durban to Dubai to Europe and through many checks and X-rays etc and into the boat. Not one issue. I have three BB’s and a Vapedroid and ten batteries (all in condoms) and 100ml of juice in my carry on. Extra juice and tool kit in checked in suitcase. Not one issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does one take juice in a 100ml bottle or can one have 30ml bottles but not exceeding 100ml?

Also do you take batts in hand luggage?
Thanks

Yes you cans take 30ml bottles. And yes batteries in hand luggage for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does one take juice in a 100ml bottle or can one have 30ml bottles but not exceeding 100ml?

Also do you take batts in hand luggage?
Thanks

Hi @Clouds4Days
I think the restriction is on the size of a single bottle.
So no single bottle can be more than 100ml (of any fluid, eg shampoo etc)
But you can take 10 x 30ml bottles. As far as I know.
I have flown with more than 100ml in total - but just with lots of 30ml bottles.

I’ll chime onto what Silver said. I do multiple flights a year (2017 I’m on 76 flights so far) and I travel with 4-5 50ml bottles (I need the multiple flavors). So far no issue. When it’s 100ml or more I can’t say-all of my juices are less than that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back