General tobacco juice discussion

cfm78910

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Yes, I am actually quite disappointed that the vendor in question exposed us to some great juices in 18 mg and now no longer stock them in that strength.
Agreed! In future I won't taste a juice unless it is available in 18mg and will be in future.

I've ordered the following, do you have any experience of these juices?:

Alien Vision Boba's Bounty
Nicoticket H1N1
Hurricane Vapor Sunshine Cured Tobacco

Cheers!

Chris

Agreed! In future I won't taste a juice unless it is available in 18mg and will be in future.

Nicoticket H1N1

Cheers!

Chris
Shall PM you, do not want to hijack this thread.

I have created this thread for us to talk generally about tobacco juices

Tobacco juices are very interesting. Many of us smoked one cigarette brand for many years and did not get into the nuances of the different tobaccoes. With vaping, there are some absolutely brilliant tobaccoes, some are straight tobacco while others are mixed with other exciting flavours.

Some folk dont like tobacco vapes because it reminds them of cigarettes. Others crave it.

This thread is also in "honour" of @cfm78910 who asked the question about tobacco juices in the "calling all 18mg vapers" thread.

I will move those posts here

Enjoy

Last edited:

Nicoticket H1N1

Cheers!

Chris

Hi @cfm78910

I really like bobas bounty. It's unlike anything else i have tried. Tastes like a granola bar with a bit of tobacco in the background. Good throat hit despite it being a 100% VG juice. I like it a lot and have reordered a few bottles.

I wasnt mad about H1N1 but many love it and it is a firm favourite

Sunshine Cured Tobacco is a recent juice of mine. I really like it because it is the closest for me to a real cigarette. But in a good way. Also great throat hit. Its a high VG juice.

I have reviewed Bobas and Sunshine Cured. Just go to this page and scroll down to the respective vendor
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/silvers-juice-reviews.t5421/

I dont think you will go wrong with any of these three juices

I have created this thread for us to talk generally aboit tobacco juices

Tobacco juices are very interesting. Many of us smoked one cigarette brand for many years and did not get into the nuances of the different tobaccoes. With vaping, there are some absolutely brilliant tobaccoes, some are straight tobacco while others are mixed with other exciting flavours.

Some folk dont like tobacco vapes because it reminds them of cigarettes. Others crave it.

This thread is also in "honour" of @cfm78910 who asked the question about tobacco juices in the "calling all 18mg vapers" thread.

I will move those posts here

Enjoy
Super idea @Silver :D

To be honest, when I first started vaping I really disliked any tobacco juice. I was more keen on the fruity and desert style flavours.

Thanks to the Tastebox, I was half forced into trying some tobaccos that were in there. To my surprise my palette started coming around to tobacco flavours.

Now, I have to have a device around dedicated to tobacco flavours. Reo pink is always loaded with a good tobacco.

I am currently vaping one as we speak. @johan was so kind as to gift me a bottle of Rocketfuel Reaper Blend. Being a high PG blend I immediately added 50% plain VG to it to try and balance it out.

This is a truly wonderful juice. A bold, smooth tobacco with just hint of natural, maple like sweetness. Comprised of several types of tobacco, it's complex yet incredibly balanced. Yum!

Super idea @Silver :D

To be honest, when I first started vaping I really disliked any tobacco juice. I was more keen on the fruity and desert style flavours.

Thanks to the Tastebox, I was half forced into trying some tobaccos that were in there. To my surprise my palette started coming around to tobacco flavours.

Now, I have to have a device around dedicated to tobacco flavours. Reo pink is always loaded with a good tobacco.

I am currently vaping one as we speak. @johan was so kind as to gift me a bottle of Rocketfuel Reaper Blend. Being a high PG blend I immediately added 50% plain VG to it to try and balance it out.

This is a truly wonderful juice. A bold, smooth tobacco with just hint of natural, maple like sweetness. Comprised of several types of tobacco, it's complex yet incredibly balanced. Yum!

That is great @Yiannaki
I agree that one device should be dedicated to tobacco!
Love it that yours is the pink one - lol

Thanks for the info on Reaper. I havent tried any of those juices yet. Sounds great. And the VG trick is a good one. What atty is that? The Odin? Lung hit I presume. And are you starting with 18mg before dilution?

That is great @Yiannaki
I agree that one device should be dedicated to tobacco!
Love it that yours is the pink one - lol

Thanks for the info on Reaper. I havent tried any of those juices yet. Sounds great. And the VG trick is a good one. What atty is that? The Odin? Lung hit I presume. And are you starting with 18mg before dilution?

Yes :), correct. It's on the Odin. On a 0.45 dual coil 26g vertical build, wicked with Rayon.

I started with 12mg before diluting. I did not sample the juice before dilution so I cannot comment as to whether there is a flavour loss. Based on how it tastes, one wouldn't think this was diluted at all.

PS : I will make sure I have this loaded the next time I see you, for you to try out. :D

If need be, a good alternative to Sunshine Cured Tobacco is Heather's Heavenly Vapes Dark Horse and vice versa. VERY similar, but HHT Dark Horse is a little less harsher on the high notes.

I'm busy going through a cross selection of HHT large tobacco range and they're all pretty good so far. A touch of VG on some doesn't hurt either.

My favorite Hurricane Vapor is the chocolaty Belgium Simmered Tobacco, especially when blended with H1N1.

I'm like a broken record when I get started on my H1N1 blends. For me it just works better when blended with other tobacco's (Just not cigarette-type tobacco's like Sunshine Cured). Same with AV's Havanna Gold...works very well with the peachy Reaper or the sweeter VM's Guevara( Becomes a Rooibos-like affair Lol). If you like Reaper then give Rocketfuel's Harley's blend a try.

Locally, a tobacco-fiend colleague of mine swears by Vaporize's tobacco's, especially using the unlisted NET's they're tinkering with as an additive in conjunction with the existing line. Have yet to explore these further myself...when they become available in 6mg.

Speaking of NET's, especially undiluted, they're very handy when used as an additive. On their own they're pretty brutal, but a few drops here and there can really make a difference to boost some juices to new level.

The world of tobacco juices is HUGE, and there's both good and bad tobacco's and "tobacco's", which will also be VERY subjective to vapers own individual palettes. Some seek the barb-wire judo chop to the throat / combat boot-stomp to the chest while others like flavour profile it brings to the party, sort of like the way hot spices can be used in cooking.

Ah, thank you @Silver. My tobacco journey has been a long and, for me, interesting one.

When I started I craved a true tobacco flavour. Found that I just could not vape the Tobaccos Absolute as found in the Liquas, Hangsen and most commercial jooses around at the time.

NETS (naturally extracted tobaccos) changed my vaping world by way of the juices of Heather's Heavenly Vapes (currently stocked by www.juicyjoes.co.za) and specifically their drier, more earthy tobaccos like Huntsman. Dark Horse and later on Maple EH? These were my staple for a long time. Many of our members also like their Heavenly Tobacco, but is too sweet for me.

As time progressed I found I started to like a little bit sweeter NET based tobaccos as well. Like Nicoticket's H1N1 (The Virus) and Radioactive. Also like quite a few of the Goodejuice jooses. Still vape the Nicoticket jooses today, but more as occasional vapes. Nicoticket's Wakonda (dark coffee with tobacco) is another one that I like. All Nicoticket jooses are apparently very good for mixing with one another or with other jooses, but I have never being brave enough to try it.

Then a local vendor started importing some great juices and I discovered NET based tobacco juices with a twist. Like Rocket Sheep Enterprise (still a favourite), Witchers Brew Blackbird and Devil's Cut, and Tark's Select Reserve Matador, Van Gogh and Poison Elite.

My current No 1 is Tarks's Matador (a bold cigar with some sweetness on the exhale) by far.

Of course, Alien Vision's Bobas Bounty was an international hit, but almost not possible to get it here. Unfortunately, when I got my hand on it, I fell in the "hate it" category. Tried many of their other tobaccos, but they are just not to my taste.

Did give Hurricane Vapor's Sunshine Cured Tobacco a go, but did not like it at all. Have an idea it is not NET based. On my program to try again.

Tried Nicks Blissful Brews' Smoked Custard tonight for the first time and just loved the first 2 ml I have vaped so far. A bold cigar tobacco forming a perfect foil to a custard base. These two form a great synergy accentuated by a coolness on both the inhale and the exhale.

One thing I have learned about tobacco juice is that the expression "taste is subjective" applies more to this category than any of the others (e.g. fruits, desserts, etcetera).

Thanks to all for inputs to this thread. Have already picked up some good ideas and suggestions to try.

Great thread @Silver :)
I also keep one Reo loaded with a tobacco. At the moment I have Alien Visions Gryphons Breath loaded. Very nice juice!
So far I have enjoyed most of the tobacco's that I have tried.
Nicoticket H1N1
Vaponaute - Into The Wild
Bobbas Bounty
Hurricane Vapor - Twilight Cavendish
Hurricane Vapor - Sunshine Cured Tobacco

Lovely feedback here for the tobacco lovers

@Yiannaki - thanks for the info. That setup sounds great and will be great to try it when we meet up next, thanks

@huffnpuff - i wasnt mad about the H1n1, now youve given me a great idea to use it as a mixer. Thanks.

@Andre you have probably tried more tobaccoes than most, so thanks for sharing your insights. Always great to read your mini journeys - in this case, the tobacco journey. I like what you said about "taste is subjective" applying more to this category. You are so right.

I'll probably mug someone for H1N1 at the moment, really enjoyed that juice! My juice carrier (gf) lost my bottle with Boba's that I still had almost 20ml left in, wasn't too impressed but I guess it happens.

I personally enjoyed the Gorilla juice more than the Boba's, I find Boba's to be a bit too intense. I can have a day or a tank on it, but then I have to take a break in order to really taste it nicely.

I'd still like to try the rest of the Nicoticket range and other tobaccos as I have only really enjoyed the Gorilla Juice and The Virus.

Ry4 I can't stand, but maybe that's just all the ones I've tried that aren't nice...

I'll probably mug someone for H1N1 at the moment, really enjoyed that juice! My juice carrier (gf) lost my bottle with Boba's that I still had almost 20ml left in, wasn't too impressed but I guess it happens.

I personally enjoyed the Gorilla juice more than the Boba's, I find Boba's to be a bit too intense. I can have a day or a tank on it, but then I have to take a break in order to really taste it nicely.

I'd still like to try the rest of the Nicoticket range and other tobaccos as I have only really enjoyed the Gorilla Juice and The Virus.

Ry4 I can't stand, but maybe that's just all the ones I've tried that aren't nice...
Nope, think it is just your taste profile. Ry4 also is not for me - have tried a few. Probably the caramel in there and the lack of tobacco taste. Best one I have tried to date is a few toots of Tarks Old Gold courtesy of @cfm78910.

@Silver - thanks for starting this thread on my behalf, I am learning so much from you guys!

The 08th of February marked my 5th month off the stinkies and I can in all honesty say if it was't for tobacco juices I would have gone back to smoking. The other flavours just don't work for me. If I want to taste exotic fruit I'll buy some and if I want a good desert I'll go to a restaurant and order one! When I vape I want to taste TOBACCO!!

I started off with Twisp Tobacco No 1 but quickly moved on, it was too sweet and didn't taste like tobacco at all. Their Toasted tobacco also didn't work for me, the taste was too strong. Tried Liqua but didn't like it. Then I used Ultimate Vape's Flue Cured Tobacco and USA Mix for a while and it was OK.

Then I discovered NET's and my world changed! My favorite so far is Rocket Sheep Enterprise which I love. I only managed to get 12mg but I mixed it with some 18mg liquid and it is a beautiful vape. I only have a little left and the local vendor I ordered it from won't be getting it again so that is the end of that road which is a pity, it is a great juice.

I've had some luck with Select Reserve, especially Old Gold. I didn't like Matador in my Nautilus Mini but @Andre was kind enough to let me try it on his Reo and it was totally different. In the right device Matador is fantastic.

I picked up some Bobas Bounty and Nicoticket H1N1 from JuicyJoes this morning so I'll try them when I get home tonight. BTW, it is so nice to have JuicyJoes in Cape Town now. Shane, I hope you will enjoy living in our beautiful city and thanks for stocking some good quality liquids in 18mg when so many vendors are shunning us.

So the journey continues and what a journey it is!

Suggestion (and if you think it is a good idea I'll start a separate thread for it), what about us tobacco vapors starting some sort of system to sell/redistribute liquids we won't be using? Like I'm sure most of you I've spend thousands on liquids I thought I'll like but then I don't and end up throwing it away or giving it to someone else. Just because I don't personally like a specific liquid doesn't make it bad, our tastes are all different and something I don't like much could be someone else's favourite or the other way round. For example, I have 50ml of Tark's Select Reserve Old Gold I won't be using and I'll be happy to sell it to someone who wants it. Let's say we decide we sell these juices on at 50% of the original cost. Someone can buy the 50ml Old Gold for R 250 where it would have cost him R 500. Or whatever we decide.

Penny for your thoughts!

Cheers.

Chris

If I was for whatever reason bound to one profile, I would choose tobacco. It is the only profile I can vape all day and night.

Fruity tobacco, coffee infused, fancy RY4 derivatives like The Virus... love them!

So sad I never got to try Tark's Select Reserve while they were well priced. They all sound so appealing.

I only vape tobacco's mix it up with a few caramel/tobacco derivatives. I can't stand fruit or menthol but will tolerate a gentle and very vague coffee or choc profile to the flavour.

As a result, a few of the Heathers and Alien Visions range are my staple. If I need to shortlist a few it would be:

Heavenly T
EH Maple
Pirates Booty
Boba's
Gorilla Juice
Blend 4

I really enjoyed some of the Seattle Vapor Co's Oak barrel juices, but they no longer available from the local supplier. Tarks and Witches Brew are once in a while vapes for me.

Hey cool thread!

I didn't like tobacco at all (well I did enjoy Hangsen RY4 with VM cohcolate concentrate a bit) and recently ( end Nov thru Dec) I had a relapse on stinkies (brought on by Dad's passing..... from lung cancer!). Anyway I had a few puffs on some tobacco juice during that time and enjoyed.

Will definitely give some of the names here a try since part of my problem was figuring out what damn juices are actually tobacco flavoured :think:.

Shotto!

Out of interest, have any of you tried Vape Elixir's Pure Tobacco? For a long time it was only available from eciggies but I see that Vape King now stocks them as well. I'm asking because it's been my absolute favorite and ADV for a about 3 to 4 months now.

Hey cool thread!

I didn't like tobacco at all (well I did enjoy Hangsen RY4 with VM cohcolate concentrate a bit) and recently ( end Nov thru Dec) I had a relapse on stinkies (brought on by Dad's passing..... from lung cancer!). Anyway I had a few puffs on some tobacco juice during that time and enjoyed.

Will definitely give some of the names here a try since part of my problem was figuring out what damn juices are actually tobacco flavoured :think:.

Shotto!

Sorry to hear about your dad @Fickie
Strength to you and your family

I am a tobacco flavour fan and always have a REO loaded with it. I have searched for that perfect tobacco vape and found it with Tarks Poison Elite. Of course, not readily available :( So I set out to find other vapes to carry me until I get some more Poison.

What I like (other than Poison):
Hurricane Sunshine Cured Tobacco
Halo Tribeca

What I have given away to my friends because they did not suit my tastebuds. These are more natural I think and to me a little sour maybe. Just could not really get to grips with them.

Bobas Bounty
Blend 4
Gryphons Breath

I did start out using VM4 which suited the smaller tanks I was using but once I got going on the REO's, the taste changed for me.

I am a tobacco flavour fan and always have a REO loaded with it. I have searched for that perfect tobacco vape and found it with Tarks Poison Elite. Of course, not readily available :( So I set out to find other vapes to carry me until I get some more Poison.

What I like (other than Poison):
Hurricane Sunshine Cured Tobacco
Halo Tribeca

What I have given away to my friends because they did not suit my tastebuds. These are more natural I think and to me a little sour maybe. Just could not really get to grips with them.

Bobas Bounty
Blend 4
Gryphons Breath

I did start out using VM4 which suited the smaller tanks I was using but once I got going on the REO's, the taste changed for me.
Poison is one of my favourites too. Have some I vape on special occasions only. You must come around so we can have some Poison and Cognac! The nearest to Poison for me is Rocket Sheep Enterprise, but according to @cfm78910 will also not be restocked. Like you, Bobas and friends were not for me.

Out of interest, have any of you tried Vape Elixir's Pure Tobacco? For a long time it was only available from eciggies but I see that Vape King now stocks them as well. I'm asking because it's been my absolute favorite and ADV for a about 3 to 4 months now.
Yeah, I bought 2 bottles on my last trip to Vk, shipwrecked and coumarin pipe, too. Pure tobacco tasted like licking a wet dog when I first got it. The taste has changed after some steeping, but I'm still mixing it with the black cigar and coumarin, as I'm still getting some unpleasant flavors on its own. Shipwrecked is a very similar flavour to plain tobacco, albeit a bit more spicy.

Back