General tobacco juice discussion

I have to chip in here. I pretty much only vape tobacco flavours and tried quite a few. Right now I have settled on various juices from Vaporise.co.za
Pieter has a bunch of very nice ones. His Cowboy blend is very cig like, with a bit of sweetness, the USA blend tastes a lot like real cigs to. Then his Sherlock's Pipe is a great tobacco and vanilla flavour.
and being local, his prices are great.
Just to be clear, I am not affiliated to him in any way other than enjoying the juices a LOT!!

Hi there everyone

At this early stage if the game, I prefer only tobacco flavoured Juice. I like the flavour of tobacco and having "tobacco" flavoured juice has helped me make the smooth transition to vaping. I have tried no other flavours yet. But I intend to later.

At the moment I have only tried 4 tobacco only flavours: Twisp "tobacco #1", 3mg nicotine, Twisp "tobacco #1, 6mg (I think) and "LiQua Virginia Tobacco", 12mg nicotine, made by "Richy" not the Chinese knock off. Lastly "LiQua Red Oriental Tobacco 6mg.

All these e liquids are very enjoyable. I also mix and match a bit which I find rewarding.

Perhaps there are other tobacco e juice enthusiasts here?

Can anyone please recommend another "Pure Tobacco" flavour? Especially one that I can buy in a real shop, not on line.

Any thoughts or comments?

Much appreciated.

Sent from Samsung S4 using Tapatalk

Hi there everyone

At this early stage if the game, I prefer only tobacco flavoured Juice. I like the flavour of tobacco and having "tobacco" flavoured juice has helped me make the smooth transition to vaping. I have tried no other flavours yet. But I intend to later.

At the moment I have only tried 4 tobacco only flavours: Twisp "tobacco #1", 3mg nicotine, Twisp "tobacco #1, 6mg (I think) and "LiQua Virginia Tobacco", 12mg nicotine, made by "Richy" not the Chinese knock off. Lastly "LiQua Red Oriental Tobacco 6mg.

All these e liquids are very enjoyable. I also mix and match a bit which I find rewarding.

Can anyone please recommend another "Pure Tobacco" flavour? Especially one that I can buy in a real shop, not on line.

Much appreciated.

Try liqua french pipe and mix with coffee liqua. Heaven

Shot for the tip Shawn. I have seen the LiQua" in my tobacconist: "French Pipe" and the "coffee". Will definitely give it a rev. I imagine the pipe and coffe flavour would be nice on a Saturday morning after waking up. But first I will taste the French Pipe by itself. I was a heavy pipe smoker about 4 years ago. Smoked pipe only for about 4 yrs. Hence my pieked interest for "pipe" flavoured juice. Incidentally: I have 21 quality tobacco pipes with all the bells and whistles as well as Internet fuelled knowledge. I haven't touched Pipes since back then. You can now see how far I may just go with the vaping Gear. Lol.

I am hesitant to try flavours. Pipe smokers call it "cased tobacco". I did not enjoy all that sugar, and for some reason, I have it in my head that flavours are adulrants: chemicals which are bad for you. It may be an OCD thing, a challenge to overcome.

However, that's my mindset. Flavourants must be nice as clearly, thousands of vapor folk are thoroughly enjoying flavoured juice. I do intend just sampling though. I'm sure vaping and pipe smoking are world's apart.

Thanks for the info Clouder.

PS.....

Please try to convert me guys.

Hi there everyone

Much appreciated.

All subjective but my vote would go to World Wonders Stonehenge, excellent local product.

If you enjoy straight-up tobacco flavour without any bells and whistles, you should look into juices containing NETs - Naturally Extracted Tobacco. They taste more authentic than the artificial tobacco flavours used in most liquids.
The only locally made juices with nets, as far as I know (but stand to be corrected?), are Mikes Mega Mixes. Like @Andre and @Clouder , I'd highly recommend Ashy Bac.
Sunshine Cured Tobacco by Hurricane Vapor is also quite accurate (although I don't think its a net and is more pricey - Ashy Bac would be my choice).
And if you really want to splurge on superb tobacco flavours for the connoisseur and true purist, have a look at https://www.blacknote.com - even if it's just for a window-shop :)

Hi there everyone

Much appreciated.

Hi @Waine - I have moved your post and the subsequent posts to this "General Tobacco juice discussion" thread.

In addition to the answers you got, you can peruse this thread and it may give you some good ideas.

My favourite tobaccoes are:
  • Witchers Brew Blackbird (available from VapeMob - imported so quite expensive)
  • Mikes Mega Mixes Ashybac (available locally from MMM (@Mike) - and far more affordable - excellent juice imo)
  • Hurricane Vapors Sunshine Cured Tobacco (tastes just like a cigarette to me - great tobacco for me - not sure where they are available these days - also imported.
  • Several of the Heathers Heavenly Vapes juices (particularly Huntsman, Gaia and Dark Horse). These juices were available from @ShaneW at Juicy Joes but I believe they are no longer stocked by Juicy Joes. One would have to import them, which is a pain.

@Waine I don't forget the Alien Visions range; ie: Havana Gold, Blend 4, Gryphon's Breath etc. - don't know if its still locally available from @ShaneW?

@Waine I don't forget the Alien Visions range; ie: Havana Gold, Blend 4, Gryphon's Breath etc. - don't know if its still locally available from @ShaneW?

I still have one or two of these i havent tried yet, thanks for the reminder @johan

Yes, these Alien Visions juices are still available from juicyjoes.co.za

With the progress in artificial tobacco flavors, I rarely use NETs anymore. The artificial stuff is much kinder to coils and taste exactly like NETs to me. Especially the Flavor Art concentrates are excellent. I'm currently Vaping a Perique Black/Latakia/Clove mix that is one of my favorite tobaccos to date. Competes really well with any international NET I have sampled. Might be time to get into DIY

For tobacco aficionados I recommend Cuba Treasure (Series 8 Hangsen). Tastes just like a pipe tobacco smells fresh in the tin. A very accurate profile.

Vape Elixir - "Pure Tobacco" comes closest to the taste of Winston Red, as far as my taste buds go. "Shipwrecked" comes close. Most of the other tobacco's I have tried taste nothing like a cigarette, maybe more like a pipe or cigar. With a notable exception of "Sunshine Cured Tobacco" by Hurricane Vapor.

Vape Elixir - "Pure Tobacco" comes closest to the taste of Winston Red, as far as my taste buds go. "Shipwrecked" comes close. Most of the other tobacco's I have tried taste nothing like a cigarette, maybe more like a pipe or cigar. With a notable exception of "Sunshine Cured Tobacco" by Hurricane Vapor.
@Alex Funny you say that. I was a Winston Red smoker before I moved to vaping. Now where can I get the juice you mentioned?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

@Alex Funny you say that. I was a Winston Red smoker before I moved to vaping. Now where can I get the juice you mentioned?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
If I may, Vapeking had but I think @Alex bought them out:p. You can find it in stock here. The URL says "Black Cigar" but the page indicates "Pure Tobacco".:confused: Maybe drop @JakesSA a PM to clarify.;)

What he said. Vape elixer pure tabocco is amazing juice.

@Waine , I see you are in Durbs. Why not pop round to the Sirs at Sir Vape in Morningside or BigB & co at E-Cig Inn on Toti to see what they have and can do for you.
If The Liqua and Twisp flavors have you quite impressed, I'd suggest taking with a pair or two of clean underwear. You might just need it.

Close, actually Mike's Mega Mixes. Certainly magical mixes!

I can also recommend their tobaccos - AshyBac for a pure tobacco leaf and SweetBac for the same thing, but sweeter.
Vape Elixer's tobaccos are also very popular.
I'm really starting to wonder. I expected the sweet-bac to be similar to ashy bac, with a hint of caramel.
The description points to this, and you mention sweet too

I bought a bottle from one of the retailers late nov/early December and it was really horrible. And I don't mean this as an insult to @Mike, as taste is really subjective. Some of the best flavours I've vaped comes from his Arsenal and I don't leave my local vape shop without another ashy-bac in my pocket as this is the best tobacco I have tried.
The Sweetbac tasted very similar to 'Black Cigar' tested from another retailer. It had a pungent flavour to it, and not sweet at all. I even tried sweetening it with caramel (vk4) and crusty custard (separately) but could not get rid of the strong aftertaste. Is it possible that I received a bad batch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really starting to wonder. I expected the sweet-bac to be similar to ashy bac, with a hint of caramel.
The description points to this, and you mention sweet too

I bought a bottle from one of the retailers late nov/early December and it was really horrible. And I don't mean this as an insult to @Mike, as taste is really subjective. Some of the best flavours I've vaped comes from his Arsenal and I don't leave my local vape shop without another ashy-bac in my pocket as this is the best tobacco I have tried.
The Sweetbac tasted very similar to 'Black Cigar' tested from another retailer. It had a pungent flavour to it, and not sweet at all. I even tried sweetening it with caramel (vk4) and crusty custard (separately) but could not get rid of the strong aftertaste. Is it possible that I received a bad batch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, I doubt it. It is just a matter of how your senses experience it. E.g., 5P Grandmaster makes me literally nauseous, but many love that juice.

SweetBac is also not my taste, but I found it quite vapeable - certainly sweet. There is probably something in there that just does not gel with your senses. Maybe Tobacco Absolute, which can have that effect. I always thought that the tobaccos in these 2 juices were pure NETs, but have recently come to suspect that this is not the case.

I have tried AshyBac and loved it. Superb tobacco juice imo as discussed in my review.

I also have Sweetbac but havent got to it yet.

I agree with @Andre, some juices have an ingredient or flavour that can make a person's taste buds very upset. Has happened to me on several occasions. And as @Tom pointed out near the beginning of my journey, taste is so subjective. I am learning that more and more as i go.

I have ordered Ashybac and Sweetbac from @Mike and waiting in nail biting anticipation for it to arrive, can't wait to try it out :rock:

Back