Giggles

It may have hurt like hell, but that stuff worked. My brothers and I used to call it Kangaroo drops for obvious reasons

I once cut my right hand three fingers between the thumb and the pinky to the bone. Nearly severed them playing with a 200 l galvanized drum that was cut out at the top like a koo can. I wrapped some toilet paper around it and went to my mom's work. She was pissed as hell at me and took me to the doctor. I was in shock and didn't cry. Was about 8 years old I think. Doc stitched them up and mom took me home, took out the belt and moer'd me three lekker shots for making kak and then come bother her at work with it. I cried when she moer'd me coz it hurt way more than the nearly cut off fingers. Will never forget that one. Yep folks, that's how I grew up. Lekker times....lol
...oh, and my poor nanny (the maid at the time) almost also got moer'd trying to shield me from the belt...lol

No waaaaaaaaaaaaays ... the purple sh## was for woesies ... Mercurochrome, (the red stuff), used to burn like a banshee :eek:
None of you sissies seem to have encountered the magic healing powers of "Friars Balsam". One application prevented scratches and scrapes for the remainder of the child's residency in the parental home.

Regards

Back