Golf

87hunter

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Any other vaping golfers here?

I have just picked up the sport, considering I can see two golf courses from my house it was inevitable that I would end up playing.

My clubs are older than me, but its fun to get out in the open with 4 mates, talk rubbish and laugh at us all learning.

Be nice to see if there are any others out here on the forum playing.

Nice thread @87hunter

I play but havent played in over a year
Shame actually because its amazing being out on a beautiful course
The feeling of hitting a great shot and the ball "plopping" on the green is incredible

Tagging @BioHAZarD

Nice thread @87hunter

The feeling of hitting a great shot and the ball "plopping" on the green is incredible

Tagging @BioHAZarD

My first game was at a bulls weekend. Got to bed at 4am and teed off at 7:30am.
First 7 holes I managed to keep up with the guy' hitting 1 over par.
Then I sobered up and battled on the last two.

Now we play double par is par for us and it' a lot of fun.

I play at monks cowl golf course which is a really nice fun course

My first game was at a bulls weekend. Got to bed at 4am and teed off at 7:30am.
First 7 holes I managed to keep up with the guy' hitting 1 over par.
Then I sobered up and battled on the last two.

Now we play double par is par for us and it' a lot of fun.

I play at monks cowl golf course which is a really nice fun course

Nice
But playing with little sleep is not fun, lol
Courses must be so lovely on your side of the world!

I don't "play golf" per say, I swing clubs at the ball, and sometimes do something that resembles Golf.

I do love it though. I don't play as often as I'd like.

I was a member of Playmore Golf a few years back. Payed something like R200 a month for 1 round at certain courses around JHB. But then with work and kids, one of us wouldn't be available this weekend, then another the other weekend...

So now I play when the chance comes, or go to mashie courses.

Nope. I just play "moer en soek".

Nice
But playing with little sleep is not fun, lol
Courses must be so lovely on your side of the world!
They are, Monks is reasonable and the views are amazing!
Champagne Sports is stunning, but a round of 9 costs more than 9 next door with a golf cart.
When I can justify it I will go across the fence and play there

Ruins a good walk really. No sport has brought me so much rage as golf has.

I've had some crackers though!

I was once teeing off and managed to connect the ball with the join of the shaft and the club head. The result was a 90 degree shot straight through my legs.

I once fluffed a shot and in my rage managed to throw my club further than the ball went.

Another time I dug my five iron so hard into a palm tree after putting my ball in the water, that I couldn't get it out. When I did I broke the shaft.

I really don't know why I continue to (attempt to) play.

Ruins a good walk really. No sport has brought me so much rage as golf has.

I've had some crackers though!

I was once teeing off and managed to connect the ball with the join of the shaft and the club head. The result was a 90 degree shot straight through my legs.

I once fluffed a shot and in my rage managed to throw my club further than the ball went.

Another time I dug my five iron so hard into a palm tree after putting my ball in the water, that I couldn't get it out. When I did I broke the shaft.

I really don't know why I continue to (attempt to) play.

But then you have that one sweet hole, and it keeps you wanting :)

It's the only sport I have ever played where I still seem like a duck out of water after playing for six months.

Last edited:
Yip - it is those great shots that brings you back for the next game. I haven't played for 6 years however - golf (like vaping) is not a thing here in North-east Nigeria

Sent by iDad's iPhone

Tried this "bush hockey" thing once or twice and decided it wasn't for me. Ruined half of the course trying to hit the &@$:?!&$ ball and replanting their grass, and the rest of the time I was looking for the &$&@£€#% thing. :confused: Liked the 19th hole quite a bit though. :) I am however a very good golf cart driver, and can really organize a cooler box to make the game extremely interesting.:D These days I keep to put put, that is where my skill is/was?:cool:

Nice thread @87hunter

Tagging @BioHAZarD
Yeah I love my 2 weekly golf game. Does not bother me if I play crap. Currently a 16 handicap but have also been a 26. Does not phase me one bit. Also the group of guys you play with adds to the enjoyment.

Yeah I love my 2 weekly golf game. Does not bother me if I play crap. Currently a 16 handicap but have also been a 26. Does not phase me one bit. Also the group of guys you play with adds to the enjoyment.

Agreed @BioHAZarD
The people you play with make all the difference
I have had such amazing experiences on the golf course over the years

Vape Golf Day
One day.....

We should have an Eciggsa 4 ball or something. Not that I'm any good. Haven't played in over a year, and my clubs are probably rusted too.

Back