Goliath V2 : Builds and Wicking

So i tried the vertical build on this tank, heres the specs:

24 gauge kanthal wire
around 2mm diameter
0.61 ohms.
7 wraps

So my thoughts on it:

Vapor production: it was actually good, better then the horizontal coil.

Flavor: was amazing! im still new to building but the flavor was better then most of the coils i have built

Draw: i had the airflow open full but it felt quite tight i think its because the air had to go through the tiny hole (thats what she said).

overall it was a good build, just need to get used to the draw.

Attachments

• WP_20150914_21_03_37_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150914_21_03_37_Pro.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 60
  • WP_20150914_21_03_40_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150914_21_03_40_Pro.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 60
  • WP_20150914_21_07_20_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150914_21_07_20_Pro.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 57
  • WP_20150914_21_07_26_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150914_21_07_26_Pro.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 57
  • WP_20150914_21_07_31_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150914_21_07_31_Pro.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 59
  • WP_20150914_21_07_38_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150914_21_07_38_Pro.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 62
So, two days into it i'm loving the Goliath v2.
Had some issues screwing it apart to clean it (with the cuts on fingers to match) but it performs really well.
I have only used the stock coils thus far (both Kanthal and Nickel) and so far so good.

So, two days into it i'm loving the Goliath v2.
Had some issues screwing it apart to clean it (with the cuts on fingers to match) but it performs really well.
I have only used the stock coils thus far (both Kanthal and Nickel) and so far so good.
It is even better with the RBA. Wicking is a breeze.

Received mine yesterday really like it only been using the stock 0.5 coil (unfortunately there wasnt a nickel coil with mine :() and the stock coil is giving me dry hits not wicking properly so going to try the RBA tonight.

Received mine yesterday really like it only been using the stock 0.5 coil (unfortunately there wasnt a nickel coil with mine :() and the stock coil is giving me dry hits not wicking properly so going to try the RBA tonight.
Hi Matt. I bought a nickel coil separate. Mine had 2 kanthal coils.

I found that I had to prime my coil properly. I also fluffed the cotton on the wicking sides a little bit as it was packed really tight. Lastly check the juice flow control (I just leave mine wife open). I only had one real dry hit, but it was with 100vg juice. But literally gave it 10 seconds and had a drag without firing, and it was all bliss again.

Sent from within the matrix

Hi Matt. I bought a nickel coil separate. Mine had 2 kanthal coils.

I found that I had to prime my coil properly. I also fluffed the cotton on the wicking sides a little bit as it was packed really tight. Lastly check the juice flow control (I just leave mine wife open). I only had one real dry hit, but it was with 100vg juice. But literally gave it 10 seconds and had a drag without firing, and it was all bliss again.

Did the priming juice flow wide open and yesterday it was fine but today keep getting dry hits 80/20 liquid. not much fluffing possible it very tight.

@Matt So you might be having the same problem i was having, id advise you to build the tank from the top down. im saying this because if you screwed on the chimney first, it could just block off the juice flow completely. so try building the top first. hope you have luck with it.

Last edited:
@Matt So you might be having the same problem i was having, id advise you to build the tank from the top down. im saying this because if you screwed on the chimney first, it could just block off the juice flow completely. so try building the top first. hope you have lick with it.
Yeah, same thing happened to me the first time. Once I got that sorted, what a wonderful RTA.

@Matt So you might be having the same problem i was having, id advise you to build the tank from the top down. im saying this because if you screwed on the chimney first, it could just block off the juice flow completely. so try building the top first. hope you have luck with it.

Thanks,
Tried that indeed last night but still got dry hits. Did a quick build on the RBA deck and only got a occasional beginning dry hit but not allot of flavour. (40w on 26g 2,5mm 0.48 coil) But that has probably to do with my wicking havent wicked a tank in atleast 9 months :D. Will adjust the wicking when i get time for now its the first tank that might be working for me.

OK so I did my first build on the rba deck last night. 28g dual came to 0.7ohm... Not what I would have wanted but hey... Had a couple of toots, and found that the nic came through much stronger on the rba build than the rocc coils. This morning I had lost an entire tank of juice. Just leaked out. Did not have this with the prebuilt coils.

Do you think I used to little wicking material? I had it just touching the juice channel, resting on the little ledge.

So been vaping on this again since i restarted vaping. Whats out there now. Is there a upgrade to this? I do enjoy it

So been vaping on this again since i restarted vaping. Whats out there now. Is there a upgrade to this? I do enjoy it

Welcome back @RoSsIkId
Havent heard or seen the Goliath spoken about here on the forum for ages...

Back