Gum Ulcer..

Gizmo

Catalyst
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
Since Monday I have been put onto anti biotics to clear out this ulcer, however. Today I decided to read up on this drug and surprisingly I found this on one of them, I haven't felt any of these so called effects.

I also have been avoiding alcohol and will have to for the vape meet as well, big pity I know..

Anyway

"
Interaction with alcohol
Consuming ethanol (alcohol) while taking metronidazole has long been thought to have a disulfiram-like reaction with effects that can include nausea, vomiting, flushing of the skin, tachycardia (accelerated heart rate), and shortness of breath.[22] It is typically advised that consumption of alcohol should be avoided by patients during systemic metronidazole therapy and for at least 48 hours after completion of treatment.[6] However there are studies calling into question the mechanism of the interaction of alcohol and metronidazole,[23] ,[24][25] and a possible central toxic serotonin reaction for the alcohol intolerance suggested.[13] Metronidazole is also generally thought to inhibit the liver metabolism of propylene glycol (found in some foods, medicines and in many electronic cigarette e-liquids), and thus propylene glycol may potentially have similar interaction effects with metronidazole.[citation needed]"

How the interaction occurs:

Metronidazole decreases your body's ability to process propylene glycol.

What might happen:

Levels of propylene glycol may build up in your body. This may cause seizures, confusion, a fast heartbeat, or problems with your kidneys or blood.
??

That's a bad one @Gizmo - 100% VG I assume until you recoup, which I hope is quick.

AAHHAHAHAHA... I kid I kid.

Hope you get better soon ;)

Better yet, rub some cayenne pepper on it.

I won't rub salt onto a mouth ulcer, I will however rinse my mouth with a Salt Water solution.

Meh, iv gotten pissed while on antibiotics a few times. I'm still alive. Nothing will stop me vaping! Viva la vape, Viva.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

hi @Gizmo

Only saw this thread now

Most interesting - amazing that they mentioned the PG found in e-cig fluid.

Good to know you are being extra careful

Back