Hana Modz 30w

Any clue of who has stock of the cana mod? I think I'm starting to develop an itch that needs scratching..

@ Stroodlepuff any clue of an rough eta of your guys stock coming in again, got some points that I have I'd prefer cashing in on if it's in the near future

Any clue of who has stock of the cana mod? I think I'm starting to develop an itch that needs scratching..

@ Stroodlepuff any clue of an rough eta of your guys stock coming in again, got some points that I have I'd prefer cashing in on if it's in the near future

Ordered and paid for yesterday they should be here in 2 weeks

@VapeSnow We have stock here at VapeMOB, the price is R1499, 00. It comes with a Sony VTC4 battery, a beautiful carry pouch and a usb. We are also right here in CapeTown. Come on through if you have a gap, you can check out the device first hand and see which RBA, atomizer etc etc fits beautifully. I will explain all the technicallities and capabillities of this AWESOME device. Nice choice by the way, it is the one electronic mod I would choose over a mech mod. Anytime you have a gap, we are always ready to serve.

One thing that puzzles me about this Mod; the door to access the battery compartment is held in place with two tiny screws. To change the battery you therefore have to remove these screws, and then replace them on completion. An 18650 battery lasts me nearly one day, therefore I would be doing this at the very least every day - just how long will these last under these conditions?

Sure, you can charge the battery in place through the micro USB port, but doesn't this defeat the point of having a removable battery in the first place? And just how long does it take to charge this way? An obvious solution would be to have two, but this effectively doubles the price.

IMO this is a legacy of the original design not having a removable battery, but why the hell couldn't they have just changed the door to use a magnetic lock like a Reo instead?

Good looking Mod with a major design flaw that could so easily have been corrected. :confused:

@360twin i am currently using only the one battery efest 2500 35A. It takes about 4hours to charge so i leave it over night. Once i get the vtc 5 battery ill rotate once a week to give them a propper charge in the nitecore. Just dont lose the screws. Or try replace when having a few dops

One thing that puzzles me about this Mod; the door to access the battery compartment is held in place with two tiny screws. To change the battery you therefore have to remove these screws, and then replace them on completion. An 18650 battery lasts me nearly one day, therefore I would be doing this at the very least every day - just how long will these last under these conditions?

Sure, you can charge the battery in place through the micro USB port, but doesn't this defeat the point of having a removable battery in the first place? And just how long does it take to charge this way? An obvious solution would be to have two, but this effectively doubles the price.

IMO this is a legacy of the original design not having a removable battery, but why the hell couldn't they have just changed the door to use a magnetic lock like a Reo instead?

Good looking Mod with a major design flaw that could so easily have been corrected. :confused:
I agree, if this is your only mod those screws can be a pita. And they will eventually strip. Charging takes some time for the mod uses the battery quite effectively, down to 3.1 V, and the internal charger is not as powerful as the likes of good dedicated chargers. Fortunately the battery lasts quite long. With a 3100 mAh it easily lasts the day and you can charge at sleep time. Hopefully they will correct this with the next version.

and it doesn't help if you use a standard charger - i've used the itaste vv charger on it twice and the red LED is still on after 5 hours.
if only they had used M3 screws instead of M1.6. i found that i had to use a bit of force to tighten them, because the plate was slightly loose. So, the screws and the screwdriver are going to gradually get distorted.
...i wonder whether it would be possible to put magnets.

I prefer the screws over the magnets, every time i take my Reo out of my pocket, then the door comes off. But perhaps my jeans are too tight, lol :D

I think using the Hana like a MVP is cool, just plug it in, and never open it. I always just saw the ability to open the device and replace or change batteries as a bonus :)

I prefer the screws over the magnets, every time i take my Reo out of my pocket, then the door comes off. But perhaps my jeans are too tight, lol :D

I think using the Hana like a MVP is cool, just plug it in, and never open it. I always just saw the ability to open the device and replace or change batteries as a bonus :)

I agree with both opinions.. both are right.. but the fact is, this Hana mod just works, and it works damn well. I'm really enjoying it more than my nemesis mod. Actually I think it is way better.

i think that's because it only has magnets at the top corners - iirc.

The Hana Modz case, the only place to put magnets would be where the screw holes are, top and bottom centre. The screw hole places would have to be cut down and magnets stuck on, and the screw holes in the lid would have to be drilled out so that magnets could be stuck there. Not worth it. i would rather look at changing the screws to M2 or 2.5. Depending on how much material is there. (i don't feel like taking mine off to look now.) Allen screws.
Time to get good micro screwdrivers. The cheapo screwdriver is half the problem.

I completely agree with your statement, however, I think at the rate electronic mods are evolving it will not be long before this is accomplished. It is a small hassle for 30 Watts of awesomeness. Unscrewing 2 screws in the Hana and unscrewing a mech mod to put a battery in takes 10 seconds to accomplish, it does not concern me at this stage. You are however correct and to make it perfect, a magnetic door would be super cool.

I had the cana mod for 2 days now ..
It lasts me half a day with chain vaping on a 2100mah efest which is good ... @360twin the charging time is actually very quick than a normal i2 charger ..this is the best mod i ever invested in ..

People have done a magnet mod to the Cana in states already

From this thread on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_...rning_dont_leave_a_battery_in_your_hana_modz/

Canamagnets.PNG

Here are the link to the images of the finished item:

bjUNRtB.jpg

E604CT8.jpg

Guy sourced magnets from here:

http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=D32-N52

Pretty sure I have seen nearly identical magnets on Fasttech

Sadly I found this thread last night, because my Cana has started $(%@#ng out badly.

If I screw the atomiser on (does not matter which one) then it picks it up. I press the fire button, and let go, and it keeps firing. It does not stop until I get the "too hot" warning, and the only way to stop it is to unscrew the atomiser.

Chinese rubbish? Very possibly. Going to see if I can strip it down and work out what the issue is.

These effin clones, they actually just land up costing more in frustration and annoyance than the original device

Sadly I found this thread last night, because my Cana has started $(%@#ng out badly.

If I screw the atomiser on (does not matter which one) then it picks it up. I press the fire button, and let go, and it keeps firing. It does not stop until I get the "too hot" warning, and the only way to stop it is to unscrew the atomiser.

Chinese rubbish? Very possibly. Going to see if I can strip it down and work out what the issue is.

These effin clones, they actually just land up costing more in frustration and annoyance than the original device

Sorry to hear boet, not something I would like to have found out after already buying this Cana. Is this 1 of the first issues surfacing now? Anyone else have any issues? Is it not your switch maybe?

Yeah. I also think that clones are not worth it.... however, if one is not sure about a device in general its great for testing it out. Like with my Hana clone, its still all good, but I know now that I enjoy the device and the next big upgrade will be some hi powered authentic one. As soon as I found something in the region of 50W...

Guy sourced magnets from here:
http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=D32-N52
Pretty sure I have seen nearly identical magnets on Fasttech

i hope so. i just spent lot of time picking magnets, just to find that they won't ship USPS. (i dunno why, it seems ok according to the shipping info.) Been through this before, i remember...somewhere, maybe K&J.) i want to try smaller magnets. 3/16" diameter is 4.5mm, 1/8" depth/height is 3mm. at least the magnets on the lid could be flatter, like 1/16".

Back