HE v non-HE

Scouse45

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
Greenstone Drive, Lethabong, South Africa
im getting a little confused about all this. I tend to feel like if we don't hav an HE mod or tank. Then it's not really interesting anymore on The forum anymore. I don't dig it hey it's proper divided. Anyone hav anything to share?

The JUST of it is bragging rights. It vapes the same as the clone but I paid quadroctuple the price and waited 5 months for it so its better.

The JUST of it is bragging rights
I think he means that because of all the recent posts of HE gear the rest of the gear is taking a backseat when it comes to attention.
I have noticed a drop in the activity of the forum but it certainly does not have to be that way. :)
If i manage to find a way to be able to get to Vapecon then the plan is to challenge HE vapers to a showdown.
I am almost 100% sure i will beat them flavor wise with something cheap like the Maddog RDA. :)

I think he means that because of all the recent posts of HE gear the rest of the gear is taking a backseat when it comes to attention.
I have noticed a drop in the activity of the forum but it certainly does not have to be that way. :)
If i manage to find a way to be able to get to Vapecon then the plan is to challenge HE vapers to a showdown.
I am almost 100% sure i will beat them flavor wise with something cheap like the Maddog RDA. :)

The mad dog was mad, the ICON will kill it as it did my goon. Hell the goon is sold.

It's a straight pissing contest - nothing complicated, just drink loads of water, whip the water pistol out and see who's got it or not. 1st prize - a CO2 canister for your ego or 2 nights in the Road Lodge in Welkom.

And yes you will beat them, and they they will tell you a Goon vapes about R700 better than the mad dog.
Hadaly has about R700 more flavour and
Skyline uses R2000 less watts giving R2000 more flavour

im getting a little confused about all this. I tend to feel like if we don't hav an HE mod or tank. Then it's not really interesting anymore on The forum anymore. I don't dig it hey it's proper divided. Anyone hav anything to share?

I understand your feelings @Scouse45... HE is just another option in this wonderful journey of ours! Personally I still like playing for normal stuff as well... Kylin, Omni and Crown 3 because things are improving all the time... the best set up is the one that works for you.

When I think of luxury in a particular mod, I think of the authentic option first. But that's not to say everyone thinks that way, or would think that way. The difference, IMO, is like the difference between carrying a Gucci bag or a Fucci bag. If your price point is a Fucci, that's your luxury, but if you could afford a Gucci, because you like the way it looks or feels or the small details of it, you'd probably go with a Gucci. Even if they were very similar. There is always going to be the "name association" which is what branding is all about -- and it's the association with a name that evokes a buttery feeling inside you (you, in general terms), makes you able to justify the price and feel the sense of pride in ownership (be it bag-proud or mod-proud, doesn't matter).

Vaping is relative to everything else in life. Some people drive expensive cars and some don't. At the end of the day, we all arrive at our individually chosen destinations.

I'll just copy and paste what I said in the other thread before it got lost:

My 2cents - To me I see the gap between HE gear & the volume commercial gear most have to endure, closing fast and soon there'll be little or no difference. The only difference will be availability, accessability and to a small extent the quality of materials used. I personally feel that the availability/accessabilty aspect is what will determine whether the said item is HE or not, thus affording bragging rights - In other words - you have the money and connections, you got it.

Just my 2 cents - hang me after I've fed my children.

As for the HE scene , I get it , I buy HE custom knives. Does it cut the same as another knife , yup ..... so each one to his own.

What I DON'T like about HE is how it divides this forum , on both ends of the spectrum......

I buy clones , authentics , Reos , Pico Squeezas , SXK BRRT Boxes ...... and I love them all ....

Once the "haves" start dictating what the "have not's" can say or not say freely on a community forum .... is the day a forum dies.

Please don't anyone mock my Evod1 / istick20 combo

It kicks ass big time and is one of the most precious devices to me. I use it daily and it's just so amazing for out and about.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1494339975.936812.jpg

As for the HE scene , I get it , I buy HE custom knives. Does it cut the same as another knife , yup ..... so each one to his own.

What I DON'T like about HE is how it divides this forum , on both ends of the spectrum......

I buy clones , authentics , Reos , Pico Squeezas , SXK BRRT Boxes ...... and I love them all ....

Once the "haves" start dictating what the "have not's" can say or not say freely on a community forum .... is the day a forum dies.
LONG LIVE THE SQUEEZAS!!!

An interesting thread @Scouse45 and one I have been waiting to see come up for a long time now.

Guys I understand where this thread has risen from but lets all try be adults about it and discuss it in a constructive way. If we can do so without personal attacks, passive aggression and snide remarks indirectly aimed at people then I think a lot of good can come out of this discussion.

I too have noticed a lot of changes on the forum since the world of HE gear came in, and yeah a lot of people not posting about the normal gear because they feel it's not as exciting as a R10 000 mod or whatever. When I buy a second hand tank in the classies for R300 you can bet your bottom dollar I will post about it and be excited. It may not be exciting to everyone, but a lot of people can still relate to this stuff. If I had a ****-ton of money would I buy a BB, but I would still be driving a Honda :-D

It may seem divisive but that is only going to happen if we let it go that route. We are a strong community and sure we all have our opinions and should be free to express them, provided it's in a constructive way.

Guys I understand where this thread has risen from but lets all try be adults about it and discuss it in a constructive way. If we can do so without personal attacks, passive aggression and snide remarks indirectly aimed at people then I think a lot of good can come out of this discussion.

Well said @Stosta! 100% on the money!

Give the HE people their place in the sun. They paid dearly for it. Likewise, the non-HE people also deserve their place in the sun, though smaller maybe as it's not so expensive. Live and let live. :)
I don't give a crap about HE anymore (used to and spent a lot of money on it, and for what?). I enjoy my non-HE setups now more than the HE ones and am very happy with my current style of vaping.

//end

I agree with you fully @Daniel in what you said in your post.

For me, HE is a big eye opener. I have not had any really high end gear myself. The Skyline will be my first. I want to see what its all about and put it through its paces against the commercial gear that I know well with the juices I vape. And I will try document my findings accurately when I have the time.

But I want to touch on something you mentioned. You said "When the "haves" start dictating what the "have nots" can say...." If that has happened on the forum, then I apologise for it - I must have not seen it. However I do not believe that this is the intention of the Admin & Mod Team. Certainly not.

If your comment refers to the recent derailed Skyline Group Buy thread, and how certain posts were moved into another thread - well that is just to keep that original Skyline Group Buy thread on topic.

I have offered to rename that other thread, but it seems this thread has taken centre stage on this topic now.

Anyone is free to have opinions on any gear - be it high end or not. As long as people don't get personal or offensive - and as long as the general forum principles and spirit are kept in tact - then there is no problem.

Back