Help !!! Kangertech Evod Vv 1000mah

shabbar

Cloud and Flavor Chaser
LV

Awards
Howsit guys , hoping someone can help me out here

My evod vv battery refuses to fire anything or charge , it seems like its not making contact with the charger or coil pin .

Tried wriggling the center pin out a little to raise it but it seems impossible to do , any suggestions ?

Get a new one hehehe ;)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

@shabbar

Try trouble shooting from the first contact point to the next. Begin with the 510/ego connection. Check inside to look for muck. Juice buildup, corrosion, this kind of stuff. Things like Pro Tank do tend to leak slightly out of the bottom and it causes build up here. Clean it well with an ear bud and alcohol.

If the battery is completely run down also check the charger as this much transfers from battery to charger.

If they are both good you can proceed to check the ego's wires. put an atty on and slowly wiggle the battery out of the 510 connection. When it comes out, there's two wires in there. It's common for one of these wires to disconnect and it needs to be re attached. 100 bucks says this is the problem. Happened to me many times.

Don't worry about breaking it. It's already broken :)

It requires a little more physical persuasion I'm afraid. Use a small flat screwdriver, wedge it next to the pin and lift. You should see it physically move.

Thanks guys

Any idea if that pin is connected to something coz I took it completely out

Two wires are connected to it and if I am not mistaken the rubber insulator is what holds it in place

2 wires connected to the little pin I was supposed to raise ?

Sheeet , I guess that's the problemo

When I fire it up the little light that illuminates I can see a red wire that's loose . Problem is how do I get the 510 connection out the battery without fetching the angle grinder

Patience. Screw on a atty and wiggle dude. Eventually the cap pops off

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Try doing it with one hand , frustrating !!!!

I crashed my bike n hurt my spine so my arm is in a sling , hard to diy in this situation

wedge the battery in your armpit and apply pressure with your armpit arm in one direction and your working hand in the other

Jislaaaik ive tried just about everything pretty sure it's welded or glued in it aint budging at all , got one of my mates pulling till his blue in the face n nothing:banghead:

not pulling, the part is press fitted. you need to wiggle back and forth at a 90 degree angle to what the battery is.

Like oom rob says , winner winner chicken dinner

Got the cap off , put the red wire on the pin n voila , bobs your uncle

Thanks guys for all the help , you rock

How's your armpit?:p

Good news glad you sorted.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk