Help me pick an RTA

Mike

Mad Mixologist
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Hey folks

I'm a bit out of the loop hardware wise and am looking to get a couple new RTAs.

The two main necessities are swappable drip tips and 22-23mm. I also need something that can be built by a chimp as my good hand is too dumb to do fiddly builds. I'm looking for something a bit more cloudy so it'd be cool if it could handle 80-120W too.

Lastly, I want something that isn't prone to leaking. I'm ok with wicking being tricky, but it just can't be a leaky thing like the Limitless jobbies.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Are you looking to do dual coil or single coil builds, Mike? Also, is there a reason for the 22/23mm stipulation? Usually that would indicate a Pico but if you're vaping at 80-120W that suggests a larger dual cell mod.

From what you've stipulated so far, I'd say the Smok Baby Beast.

Last edited:
Are you looking to do dual coil or single coil builds, Mike? Also, is there a reason for the 22/23mm stipulation? Usually that would indicate a Pico but if you're vaping at 80-120W that suggests a larger dual cell mod.

I don't think many single coil tanks can do 120W, but I'm open to anything that's great.

22mm mod. Picos only put out 75W, there have been a few 22mm 100W+ mods, I am fond of the iStick 100(120) as it allows for parallel batteries.

Said this in a couple of threads, the Lemo 3 is a winner, easy to build on, easy to wick, massive flavour, massive airflow and the most comfortable drip tip ever.

It also comes with a great range of accessories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you cannot go wrong with a Petri RTA - without a doubt my best flavour tank and handles a 100W build easily

runner up

Cruis Plus RTA

I know you looking for a 22mm Rta but buddy everything you pointed out you looking in a Rta is screaming Aromamizer Supreme.

I absolutely love my goblin v3. Solid as a rock and no leaks at all. The single coil deck is very forgiving wicking wise, the dual coil is slightly less forgiving but you get the hang of it rather quickly. Respectable clouds and flavour for days.... oh and it takes a standard 510 drip tip.

Yeah but I heard the petri is a ***** to build on.

@Ollie did the build on mine but I just had a good look at the deck and it doesn't seem like too much of a major... and at the end of the day (for me anyway) is is only about flavour and if @Mike doesn't want to get a 25mm Serpent the next best flavour RTA is the Petri... well for me anyway... I'm sure the other suggestions are all equally as good but I can't speak for the Goblin or Griffen because I haven't played with those... but the others I have and while they are all fine RTA's I still think the Petri is the one for flavour.

Hmm, is the Avocado 22 or Serpent Mini 22 not an option?
I haven't used any RTAs but one would think they perform similarly to the much praised 24/25mm versions?

I haven't used any RTAs but one would think they perform similarly to the much praised 24/25mm versions?

The avo 22 is phenomenal, a little hard to fill on a dual coil build but flavour and clouds are amazing so I can forgive that.

Hah, I've been a bit absent from the forum, forgot how helpful you all are!!!

you cannot go wrong with a Petri RTA - without a doubt my best flavour tank and handles a 100W build easily

Damnit, this looks SO good. I'm not mad about the whole gold thing but eh!

I know you looking for a 22mm Rta but buddy everything you pointed out you looking in a Rta is screaming Aromamizer Supreme.

Ah man, I just wouldn't be able to live with 25mm. Thanks though - been enjoying your posts of late btw.

Due to the size stipulation I agree with @shaunnadan! The Petri RDA. Just beware you need to fill the tank often... very often!

Filling often is not a problem ;) Means I'll get through all my testers faster!!!

Yeah but I heard the petri is a ***** to build on.

Off to youtube I go then I guess :) I'd probably be doing 12 wrap 26ga SS316 on something like that. Shouldn't be too tough I rate? I'll have to see some video clips first though.

Serpent mini 22 is my main flavour tank ;) Want something for high wattage testing.

If I missed your post, thanks for the input!!!

Hey folks

I'm a bit out of the loop hardware wise and am looking to get a couple new RTAs.

The two main necessities are swappable drip tips and 22-23mm. I also need something that can be built by a chimp as my good hand is too dumb to do fiddly builds. I'm looking for something a bit more cloudy so it'd be cool if it could handle 80-120W too.

Lastly, I want something that isn't prone to leaking. I'm ok with wicking being tricky, but it just can't be a leaky thing like the Limitless jobbies.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!
OBS Engine maybe?

The Augvape Merlin was quite fantastic, 23mm, single coil only, has a velocity style deck but the posts are offset to 1 side, holds 4mls of juice, top fill, juice flow control,really easy to wick amd build on, airflow has a screw to reduce it for MTL, @Vapers Corner had them in stock, amd flavor off it was great plus you can fit huge builds on the deck

Hah, I've been a bit absent from the forum, forgot how helpful you all are!!!

Damnit, this looks SO good. I'm not mad about the whole gold thing but eh!

Ah man, I just wouldn't be able to live with 25mm. Thanks though - been enjoying your posts of late btw.

Filling often is not a problem ;) Means I'll get through all my testers faster!!!

Off to youtube I go then I guess :) I'd probably be doing 12 wrap 26ga SS316 on something like that. Shouldn't be too tough I rate? I'll have to see some video clips first though.

Serpent mini 22 is my main flavour tank ;) Want something for high wattage testing.

If I missed your post, thanks for the input!!!

@Mike what did you mean -been enjoying your posts of late btw? I just cant seem to make out what you meant!

It might be the prettiest RTA I've seen,coupled with great flavor I'm sold.

Before you get too excited... the tank capacity is really small and you have to refill often! And I mean really often... don't leave home without a bottle of juice in your pocket! But it wins in the looks and flavour department!
PetriRTA 001.JPG

@Mike what did you mean -been enjoying your posts of late btw? I just cant seem to make out what you meant!

I'm back to lurking and the posts of yours that I have read have all been quality!!! You've become a great member of the forum man!

Back