Help with Sterilising Equipment

Quick question, what if i have a new coil that i want to try out, but my old one is still fine? Can i rinse the old one with hot water and let it dry before i use it again?

I wash mine every time I wash my tank. That is when I use stock coils and it is not that often. Sometimes the flavour in my RBA will deteriorate and I will take it out and insert a stock coil until I have time to rebuild. After I rebuild, I wash the stock coil and use it again later.
What I do is rinse it with luke warm water. Then I put water in my mouth, close the bottom holes (on the part that screw into the base) with my fingers and blow the water into the coil until it comes out of the holes on the side where the cotton is. I repeat that 3 times, rinse again and then leave the coil a couple f days to dry. That is it.

Best way to sterilize any lab equipment is by boiling same with clean water for minimum 10 minutes. If you can't boil them (i.e soft low temperature plastic), use a strong sterilizing agent - if you don't know what is a sterilizing agent, ask your local pharmacist and he/she will assist. Most people confuse cleaning with sterilization (and even disinfection), these procedures are worlds apart. PS; mere contact with a nicotine base/solution will anyhow kill off 99% of biological contaminants.

Last edited:
Back