Help

crack2483

Sir Vape-A-Lot
LV

Awards
Ok so my vape isn't broken but I need help trying to understand the logic behind rta's.

So my first was the Tayfun Gt. I loved it. Was easy to build on etc. Seemed so simple. But about a week ago I did a build as per usual and ever since then it leaks every single time out the air hole. I've tried more wick and less wicked etc but with the same outcome.

Got a Russian clone on Thursday but only got to build it this morning. Much more difficult to build on than the GT but eventually got the coil clamped down under tiny screws. Put a little juice in and vaped. Was good so proceeded to bottom fill it and vaped some more. Put it down for a while to watch some rugby only to return and all the juice had leaked out the air hole.

What I want to know is, what's suppose to be stopping any juice from leaking out the air hole in the first place. Hell, if air goes in surely juice must come out.

What am I missing?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hey @crack2483, first thing to check for are any missing o-rings, the main culprit is usually the chimney o-ring. Also check that you don't have too much cotton in there, it is probably sitting above the airhole inside the chamber, causing the leak. While sitting there the cotton absorbs more and more liquid, which then spills over into the airhole and leaks out. And make sure the coil is about 2mm above the airhole.

All o rings are in place. Not sure about the cotton as I'm not using anymore than the videos iv watched. It's tuck on the deck and not hanging down in the well.

All o rings are in place. Not sure about the cotton as I'm not using anymore than the videos iv watched. It's tuck on the deck and not hanging down in the well.

Make sure none of the cotton is touching the deck, otherwise this will cause the liquid to wick into the air hole. Can you post a pic of the setup you have atm?

Make sure none of the cotton is touching the deck, otherwise this will cause the liquid to wick into the air hole. Can you post a pic of the setup you have atm?

Will do just now.

Not sure if you'll be able to see.

tyny7ypy.jpg

avapagaz.jpg

@crack2483 i think you might be over filling it

when bottom filling the kayfun, make sure you fill to about 1mm above the start of the clear tank section

hope this makes sense?

@crack2483 i think you might be over filling it

when bottom filling the kayfun, make sure you fill to about 1mm above the start of the clear tank section

hope this makes sense?

Makes sense. Was more juice in there.

i had the exact same problem with mine

now i just put in a little less juice and VOILA

Doesn't look too bad, I do this
2049d1391438182-my-kayfun-harsh-img_8738.jpg

And then gently push each side straight down, like an inverted U.

So the ends are just barely touching the juice base. I don't think the wicking is the cause of your leaking problem though. Check all your 0-rings, one of them may not be kosher. I had that happen with one of my kayfuns. Just replaced with a spare.

i had the exact same problem with mine

now i just put in a little less juice and VOILA

Forgot to add that, I only fill about 3mm per tank.

Back