Helping a Friend

dewald.kotze

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Ok so i need to pick some brains here. a friend of mine just phoned and asked what mod to start vaping with as she wants to stop smoking.

she tried the twisp and managed to break two in a week. She is looking for something simple, no external batteries needed. i thought maybe the ijust 2 looked good but i haven't looked at starter kits for a very long time. As she had a bad experience with twisp she is not too worried that it has to be a twisp type of device. just something simple to use and durable.

could you kind people please help me help her to get off the stinkies.

thanks in advance.

Imgoing to copy and paste on my experiences with the aio I shared yesterday in the tips to stop smoking thread,and let me just add that I work on a mine and my aio has taken a fair share of a beating and still working like a champ :flamethrower2:
The joyetech aio is one starter kit I highly recommend,the name is a abbreviation for "all in one" similar to the twisp and very well priced,you can get it from a few local vendors for only R350,it produces very decent vapor and is going to allow you to test different inhale methods,the standard coils that come with the Aio are the joyetech cubis ss316 0.6 ohm coils,they allow a nice mtl(mouth to lung) inhale which is very similar to smoking and to what you have with your twisp,I would urge you to order the cubis ss316 0.5 coils extra to allow you to try more of a DTL(direct to lung) inhale,its like comparing sucking through a thin straw(mtl) and sucking through a big straw(dtl),its important to get used to dtl inhale for you to take the next step(but keep to what works for you,to keep you off the stinkies)

Imgoing to copy and paste on my experiences with the aio I shared yesterday in the tips to stop smoking thread,and let me just add that I work on a mine and my aio has taken a fair share of a beating and still working like a champ :flamethrower2:
The joyetech aio is one starter kit I highly recommend,the name is a abbreviation for "all in one" similar to the twisp and very well priced,you can get it from a few local vendors for only R350,it produces very decent vapor and is going to allow you to test different inhale methods,the standard coils that come with the Aio are the joyetech cubis ss316 0.6 ohm coils,they allow a nice mtl(mouth to lung) inhale which is very similar to smoking and to what you have with your twisp,I would urge you to order the cubis ss316 0.5 coils extra to allow you to try more of a DTL(direct to lung) inhale,its like comparing sucking through a thin straw(mtl) and sucking through a big straw(dtl),its important to get used to dtl inhale for you to take the next step(but keep to what works for you,to keep you off the stinkies)
thats great. sorry i must have missed that post as i haven't touched the stinkies in 3 years. but great review and i will send your recommendation to her as well.

thats great. sorry i must have missed that post as i haven't touched the stinkies in 3 years. but great review and i will send your recommendation to her as well.
Thanks @dewald.kotze and well done !!!I hope your friend manages to follow your example,three years is a massive achievement :D:eek:

Okay, so I'm probably the "noobiest noob" on this forum, but here's by 2c.
The main criteria for me in searching for an e-cig is/was
1. tight draw (similar to an analogue or twisp),
2. simple and easy to maintain
3. spares are easy to find
4. price
etc.
etc.
@Lingogrey and @Silver recommended the little EVOD (1) Clearomizer and it works like a charm. Doesn't have airflow control, but you can just close off one or two of the three air holes with your finger or a small elastic band to get a tighter draw - simple.
You can find the coils basically anywhere and although I've dropped it a few times, its still going strong.
It can fit on the twisp battery, or she can buy a 900mAh (or more) pass through battery.

A number of stores stock it, such as vapour mountain, eciggies, etc.,
EVOD - R80 - http://www.vapourmountain.co.za/shop/atomizers-clearomizers/evod-clearomizers/
Coils for EVOD - R30 each/ R120 for 5 pack - http://www.vapourmountain.co.za/shop/atomizers-clearomizers/evodprotank-1-2-coil-1-8-ohm/
EVOD 2 - R120 - http://www.vapourmountain.co.za/shop/atomizers-clearomizers/evod-2/
Coils for EVOD 2 - R40 each / R180 for 5 pack - http://www.vapourmountain.co.za/sho...-protank-3-upgraded-1-5ohm-dual-coils-5-pack/
This is what has worked FOR ME, she will have to find what works FOR HER. The thing is, before she goes out and buys something expensive that may not even suit her (which was my main concern), try this cheap little clearomizer first, it really works well FOR ME.
My only concern with something fancier is durability - she has already broken 2 twisps !!!
Thanks for your input. technically she didnt break them. both died and she took them back and the supplier, dont ask me who it was, said it wasn't the first issues they've had and that they had to send it back to their supplier. so not really anything she did for them to break.

Personally, I'll never go anywhere near an EVOD or anything Kanger ever again. ~4 years ago, when I decided to stop smoking via vaping, I went through three EVODs, my girlfriend through two and my mother through one - all in the span of a few months.

The clearomizers all eventually leaked, the coils would burn out really fast, the batteries would lose their ability to hold what little charge they could to begin with...

It was a nightmare and I kept throwing more money into replacement parts because I was desperate to stop smoking. I'd had enough after the third one, however, and went back on to smokes for three years, thanks to this shitty product.

Disclaimer: this is my personal experience, as well as that of a couple of people close to me, but I'll never recommend these things to anyone, ever.

The only thing I can think of (with my EXTREMELY LIMITED KNOWLEDGE), especially with the fact that you and the family have had the same problem, is that perhaps they were clones ???

Just logged into my old email adi from back when to see if I had any info on where I'd got them and turns I'd bought them from Vapour Mountain, so I doubt they were clones. Was actually more like three years ago, so at least there's that :p

Funny to see some of the old convos though (for the record, the guys there were super helpful and accommodating).

It seems to be leaking juice into the battery, continuously, and also not really creating vapour. Instead I'm most often sucking through juice, even when not pulling that hard.

Jees, we were all on 18mg juice then. Anyway, I dunno. Like I said, personal experience. Hate those things.

Back