Horror movies and thrillers

This thread is for recommendations so please keep them coming guys! Here is a great old thriller

upload_2021-6-12_19-27-36.jpeg

Hitchcock The Birds -Oldie but brilliant
The Birds is a political allegory about the psychological violence of capitalism and the fear-mongering of the Cold War. Fear of nuclear attack is apparent when the birds “cover the bay like a white cloud”, suggestive of a nuclear mushroom cloud.

The Forever Purge -if you liked the PURGE , THERE'S MORE

OLD
A family on a tropical holiday discovers that the secluded beach where they are relaxing for a few hours is somehow causing them to age rapidly.
Releasing in July ,looking good.

If you have not watched "The Shining" well worth a view " Carrie" is great the new version stars "Kick ass's own Hit girl.

Both versions of "IT" fun and scary. "The grudge" is just sick. "Misery will make you cringe. Kathy Bates is exceptional.

I can't watch "The fly" "The ring" or The final destination movies without puling out the parodies from memory and end up laughing at the scenes.

As a child, Madman Marz (1982) was the most horrific film I've ever seen and still haunts me today in my dreams.
Also, I saw the movie Tentacles (1977) as a very young child and as a result suffer from Thalassophobia. Any body of water where I cannot see the bottom, I do not enter.

Over the weekend I watched the documentary on Showmax "Devilsdorp". I'm sure everybody heard of it by now. It's about a series of murders that originated out of Krugersdorp that had ties to a Satanistic occult.

If you wondering if it's worth watching, watch it. It is extremely well told over 4 episodes.

''OLD'' Turned out to be a lot of crock - boring , disjointed , confusing ,plot gaps the size of Arizona -do yourself a favour and avoid like the plague.

Over the weekend I watched the documentary on Showmax "Devilsdorp". I'm sure everybody heard of it by now. It's about a series of murders that originated out of Krugersdorp that had ties to a Satanistic occult.

If you wondering if it's worth watching, watch it. It is extremely well told over 4 episodes.
Agreed. Brilliant but yet disturbing series. Probably the best SA produced doccie that ive even seen. I live in Kugersdorp and knew a few of the victims

''OLD'' Turned out to be a lot of crock - boring , disjointed , confusing ,plot gaps the size of Arizona -do yourself a favour and avoid like the plague.

M. Night Shyamalan's movies are an acquired taste. You either like it or hate it.

Back