How much do you spend on COMMERCIAL E-liquid per month?

before lockdown I purchased some one shots vg and nic from blckvapour cart was around 1400. This included 2 bottles for commercial juices. I have a nice stock and honestly dont care if the nic ban lasts another 2 months.
I am not buying one shots again, the ones I bought were no better than my DIY and they were R240/30ml .
The only one shots I might buy is the nasty ones maybe. Otherwise I am back to DIY and I will stick to ones I know.

before lockdown I purchased some one shots vg and nic from blckvapour cart was around 1400. This included 2 bottles for commercial juices. I have a nice stock and honestly dont care if the nic ban lasts another 2 months.
I am not buying one shots again, the ones I bought were no better than my DIY and they were R240/30ml .
The only one shots I might buy is the nasty ones maybe. Otherwise I am back to DIY and I will stick to ones I know.
I have to agree with you there, most of the one-shots I have tried left me underwhelmed.
I still think that one-shots are a great stepping stone for anyone trying to get into DIY though. Easy to mix, dont have to buy a mountain of concentrates to figure out what profiles work for you and it is still cheaper than commercial?

I have to agree with you there, most of the one-shots I have tried left me underwhelmed.
I still think that one-shots are a great stepping stone for anyone trying to get into DIY though. Easy to mix, dont have to buy a mountain of concentrates to figure out what profiles work for you and it is still cheaper than commercial?

Yeah the Beard and Nasty oneshots are decent and work out to about half the price of normal commercial retail equivalents.
Taste isn't quite the same though. I still feel they don't fully complete the oneshot recipes on purpose. Some people will stick to the oneshots, others will go the full commercial retail route again.

I spend 600 rand a month on 3X20ml bottles of 18mg nicotine tobacco flavoured juice to maintain my 2ml a day vaping (which sometimes goes to 3ml).

I don't smoke commercial as I can't find anything I like with the exception of kndi cotton candi ejuice I buy 2 bottles like every 8 months for R220 each :) just to sometimes give me an extra sugar kick and I just drip it :)

Stocked up on my favorite commercial juice today and paid R360 for 100ml. I was immediately put off by the price. Got me thinking how could a local brand be selling their juice at R3.60 per ml? There are local brands like Milc which sell great juice at R320 per 120ml.

Luckily the lockdown forced me back into DIY and I discovered some great juices in the process.

Where I used to buy around 3x bottles of my favorite commercial juice per month, I will definitely be cutting it down to 1x bottle every now and then. I just cannot see how that price point is justified.

Yes, the lockdown had an impact on the producer's pocket, but so did it on the consumer's pocket. Increasing pricing to those levels is just not sustainable for the average joe. I would much rather go to the alternative of DIY or one shots... Maybe not as good as this "golden e liquid" at excessive pricing, but definitely vapable, enjoyable and keeping me off of stinkies.

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

The last bottle of commercial juice I bought was a bottle of Trinity in November 2016. Since then I have exclusively been DIY'ing. I have gotten some commercial juice before from friends since then, but those were give aways or trades and not cash purchases.

I vape 100 - 120ml per week so if I had to buy commercial it would get really expensive. The average monthly cost of DIY is hard for me to determine: I bought supplies in March for R500 and again in June for R1200 and I still have +/-1.6L of DIY e-liquid left.

Stocked up on my favorite commercial juice today and paid R360 for 100ml. I was immediately put off by the price. Got me thinking how could a local brand be selling their juice at R3.60 per ml? There are local brands like Milc which sell great juice at R320 per 120ml.

Luckily the lockdown forced me back into DIY and I discovered some great juices in the process.

Where I used to buy around 3x bottles of my favorite commercial juice per month, I will definitely be cutting it down to 1x bottle every now and then. I just cannot see how that price point is justified.

Yes, the lockdown had an impact on the producer's pocket, but so did it on the consumer's pocket. Increasing pricing to those levels is just not sustainable for the average joe. I would much rather go to the alternative of DIY or one shots... Maybe not as good as this "golden e liquid" at excessive pricing, but definitely vapable, enjoyable and keeping me off of stinkies.

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk
I too can relate to what you saying,DIY I work on R1/ml but my mixes eventually caught up to me so I started buying commercial juice again,Pure Red was not badly priced but then I found Slick eliquids,at R150 for 120ml of amazing juice it's almost the price of DIY juice,I don't see myself mixing again unless slick juice is no longer available

There is definitely cheaper juices out there, but at this price point I'm not complaining. I cannot imagine going without my Taviro. Very thankful that @Rooigevaar provides such a premium juice at a very reasonable price.
Screenshot_20200827_211618_com.android.chrome.jpg

I go through 4 x 100ml Miss Daisy per month @ R330 each = R1320.

I try to get my moneys worth out of the empties by using them for drip irrigation, urethane molds etc

img_20200112_083632-jpg.187317
Dont you experience a muted taste about halfway through a bottle. Im surprised to see so many of the same sort.

Well, reading the comments on this thread, I have really came to the conclusion that its STILL cheaper then smoking. I spent around R2500 on stinkies BEFORE I started vaping. Honestly it still feels like I am saving more! :) But I am a hobbyist so it becomes little more expensive BUT still worth EVERY cent!

Well, reading the comments on this thread, I have really came to the conclusion that its STILL cheaper then smoking. I spent around R2500 on stinkies BEFORE I started vaping. Honestly it still feels like I am saving more! :) But I am a hobbyist so it becomes little more expensive BUT still worth EVERY cent!
Jar bru... How much did you smoke or what did you smoke.. Is this 2 to 3 packs a day vibes? ( not judging) :D

Back