how much ohm

Moerse Rooikat

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
hi all
what is the ohm of ure coils sing and double?
cant figure out what to aim fore
my sing coil drupper is sitting on 0.5 ohm vaping on 55w

Hi.
Your ohms depend on a lot of things like:
- how hot do you like your vape
- what your setup can handle (max watts, tank size etc)
- how long you want your batteries to last....
- how much juice you want to go through in hour!
It seems like you have a nice setup for a cool vape where your batteries and your juice should last quite long.
Lower ohms = higher wattage = shorter battery life and more juice used, but the flavour you get from your juice should improve to a point if you go for lower ohm coils at a higher wattage.
I vape coils anywhere from .09 to about .17ohms (dual coil builds) at around 90 watts. The flavour I get is really really good, battery life is pretty ok and good cloud, but i'm really into flavour chasing more than clouds...

Hi @Moerse Rooikat

If you connect two identical single coils in a parallel configuration (like most dual coils) then the final resistance is halved

So if you take two of those 0.5 ohm single coils you have and connect them up in parallel as a dual coil, the final resistance should be 0.25 ohms

In a dual coil configuration like that the power is shared between the two coils. So lets say you vape the dual at 60 watts, then each coil is getting about 30 watts

i understand that
just want to find out what you lot are vaping at. as i am straggling to get flouver 0,17 is dam low is that like 3 wraps?

During the day I’m on 0.3ohm vaping at around 35-45W on my RDA (I vape on my Nautilus X, 1.8ohm at 13W, early morning and at night just because at those times I prefer a softer vape). I use a single coil in my RDA. For me, I don’t think I’d go lower than 0.2ohm in general so I’d personally aim at around 0.3, but I’m still brand new to building and experimenting with coils.

i understand that
just want to find out what you lot are vaping at. as i am straggling to get flouver 0,17 is dam low is that like 3 wraps?
Boet, coil builds much as everything else in vaping is a personal thing and even then varies between different devices, tanks and juices. My BB's I run coils between 1.2 to 1.8 Ohms at +/- 13W for fruity menthol's. In the OBS Engines a single coil setup aimed at 0.5 Ohm in TC mode. BF RDA's run at about 0.3 Ohm at +/- 30W. Both the latter run bakery type juices.

Regards

Not criticising people vape differently and there's no right or wrong, just personal choice. I would find 90w high for those coils at 0.17 (very warm) but you might like warm vapes. I would find no benefit in flavour over 70w max (myself i would be at 60w-65w) and even then more than enough cloud. Anything over that i see has unnecessary cloud and a drain on my batteries.
I don't take long drags, I like quick ramp up and short flavourful inhales.....

.17 ohms is from dual coil N80 build of: 2 core staggered fused claptons at 5.5 wraps....
Not criticising people vape differently and there's no right or wrong, just personal choice. I would find 90w high for those coils at 0.17 (very warm) but you might like warm vapes. I would find no benefit in flavour over 70w max (myself i would be at 60w-65w) and even then more than enough cloud. Anything over that i see has unnecessary cloud and a drain on my batteries.

i understand that
Surface area equals flavour when it comes to the coils then it's down to things like tank design and airflow coverage

i did say i vape from .09 to .17ohms and at around 90 watts, i didn't specify that I specifically vape .17 at 90w... but i probably do :)

Because it hits hard from the off but it is chalk and cheese the ergonomics on the drag aren't very good
yeah, lol.... I don't like the shape at all with all the sharp edges etc. My go to mods now are Sigelei KAOS and Tesla WYE 200.... both awesome mods, and i only really run RDA's :) what you running?

i did say i vape from .09 to .17ohms and at around 90 watts, i didn't specify that I specifically vape .17 at 90w... but i probably do :)
I was just drawn to that you implied you were a flavour chaser rather than a cloud chaser but the numbers mentioned in my experience are about cloud not flavour but you vape in a certain way (which i haven't tried) to explain that. Maybe even the e-juice you use gives better flavour at higher wattage.

yeah, lol.... I don't like the shape at all with all the sharp edges etc. My go to mods now are Sigelei KAOS and Tesla WYE 200.... both awesome mods, and i only really run RDA's :) what you running?
RTA's and RDA's squonking

At this moment i'm using the T-Priv with Geekvape Zeus. Fused clapton reading 0.37 at 30w enough cloud but very flavoursome.

I was just drawn to that you implied you were a flavour chaser rather than a cloud chaser but the numbers mentioned in my experience are about cloud not flavour but you vape in a certain way (which i haven't tried) to explain that. Maybe even the e-juice you use gives better flavour at higher wattage.
I vape more baked flavours than fruit flavours and don't really do menthol, so that could explain alot!!! :)

so we DEFINITELY have different vaping styles!!!
I do sometimes vape in the resistance range you mentioned but like i said i would be at 60w - 65w,maybe even 55w at 0.17 if the flavour was great but yes our styles are different i take 4 to 5 second drags.

I'm going to jump in here, there's a lot of controversy surrounding low ohms and flavour, I've proven high ohms does not always equal better flavour.

I've personally taken a 0.13 build and I get way better flavour off the exact same setup than anyone else, you need to find a balance between the size of the deck and the size and position of the coil.

Every atty has a sweet spot, based on your atty I can suggest a build that will give you everything you want.

i cant get any flavor now matter what i try
using fuzed Clapton sing coil 0.61ohm at 50w nice dens cloud no flouver might have vapers tang or shit diy mix

Back