I hate (dislike) vaping when....

Quintusson

Life is good and I am blessed :)
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
Okay, let's first clarify, I love vaping. Not just has it saved my life compare to cigarettes and my ongoing struggle with trying to quit via various other means, but it has introduced me to flavours I never had before. But there is the odd occasion where I do not enjoy it. Most recent while having hiccups. Something was bothering my oesophagus and I had hiccups on and off for almost two days. Inhaling, specifically DL vaping, while having hiccups is not fun. That sharp, sudden inhale is not something I enjoyed. I learnt in those few days to time my vaping in between hiccups but did not enjoy the fact that I was so limited.

Surely there must be other circumstances when people feel they hate (dislike rather?) vaping? Anyone else out there?

Okay, let's first clarify, I love vaping. Not just has it saved my life compare to cigarettes and my ongoing struggle with trying to quit via various other means, but it has introduced me to flavours I never had before. But there is the odd occasion where I do not enjoy it. Most recent while having hiccups. Something was bothering my oesophagus and I had hiccups on and off for almost two days. Inhaling, specifically DL vaping, while having hiccups is not fun. That sharp, sudden inhale is not something I enjoyed. I learnt in those few days to time my vaping in between hiccups but did not enjoy the fact that I was so limited.

Surely there must be other circumstances when people feel they hate (dislike rather?) vaping? Anyone else out there?

I'm at that stage where rewicking and mixing feels more of a chore. Put it off up to the point where I really can't go without it anymore. Especially since I got a vuse just out of fomo. Yes it's not the best, but it gets 10/10 for convenience.

I'm at that stage where rewicking and mixing feels more of a chore. Put it off up to the point where I really can't go without it anymore. Especially since I got a vuse just out of fomo. Yes it's not the best, but it gets 10/10 for convenience.

I am with you 100% on the rewicking thing. Hence why I got the Dead Rabbit R. Makes it a bit more bearable. Actually went over to sub-ohm tanks with stock coils for a while but it became a bit expensive.

I love most things about vaping and even enjoy rewicking eight million Dvarw's... what I do hate is testing a new RTA and suddenly getting juice all over my mod or hand! Oh, and I also hate spitting coils! :mad:

Having to refill the tank when I'm busy irritates me. Solution: I have two tanks which I refill at the same time. When one is finished I just grab the next one.

I hate it when I’m enjoying a particular juice and the coil gets gunked so much that it needs a pit stop while I’m only having about 10ml left in the bottle. The dilemma is do I finish the (bloody) bottle on the same coil and endure the mehhh taste or do I finish the bottle in a new RTA which then I would only use for about 2 to 3 refills?? Decisions, decisions…. I usually shelf the almost finished bottle next to the many other almost finished bottles and they sit there for months until my OCD can’t handle the chaos any longer and I end up throwing about 100ml worth of juice. I need help, I know…

I'm with Rob on this ... I find most things vape related rather enjoyable, even finding rewicking therapeutic on a level, (albeit that I don't have / have to rewick 65536 Dvarws at a sitting ;)).
As to leaking ... grrrrrrrrr ... now that gets my goat on just so many levels :mad:

Having a slippery mod from bottom airflow splatter and RDA splatter.
I also couldn't live with taking batteries out to charge them.
And people raving over a reviewer. They aren't special. I take their reviews with a pinch of salt, especially when they seem to have a high opinion of themselves and tell you how many reviews they have done.

I agree with you on the reviewers thing…. I’m at a stage where I only check out ”reviews” to see what’s new on the market. The last 2 to 3 years have been marked by a serious lack in innovation and we‘ve been seeing only V2s, Max, Pros etc. of the same mods and tanks and very few innovative ideas and designs. I’m derailing the thread.

Not finding the right drip tip to match the panels or the devices being used after thinking you have a tip for every configured setup or that not all 810 are the same fit like other 810

Worst , open a new bottle of juice , tilt to fill , squeeze...and the whole top comes off ....120ml of sticky stuff over the desk , keyboard and hands. :mad:

Finding wire is becoming a bloody pain! Want to experiment making MTL claptons and no wire available over 28g

Finding wire is becoming a bloody pain! Want to experiment making MTL claptons and no wire available over 28g
I spoke to these guys on Instagram and they say they have quite a few sales to South Africa.
I would like to try some of their pre built coils if anyone is interested in organising a group buy.

So many great comments

Vaping is incredible and I love most things about it. Plus the community behind it

After many years of trying out loads of devices and juices I’ve found setups I like that work nicely for me

Now I’m getting tired of the pit stopping. Refilling and charging / replacing batteries is irritating sometimes but not so bad I guess. But man I despise refitting new coils. My eyes aren’t as sharp as when I started vaping and it seems the screws and things are getting smaller even though they’re the same. Lol.

I probably need to investigate the latest commercial coil devices to see if anything comes close to a well set up rebuildable

But the thought of testing more devices doesn’t appeal either. Lol.

Despite all of this the flavour I get on my great setups is still well worth the pitstops. I can’t believe I haven’t smoked a cigarette in nearly 10 yrs. my goodness.

Last edited:
I "hated vaping" when Twisp changed to Vuse and I could not find my old friend "Cubano" anymore. For, 4 years I just vaped Cubano and poof just like that it was gone forever.
MrGSmokeFree Miss my old friend.jpg
You might be gone my old friend! But you will never be forgotten.Thank you Cubano!You made me stop my stinky,smoking habbit that I had for 25 years.

I hate when I break a RTA glass, or the mod or just The LCD. Other than that I don't have any real issues

The thing I hate most about vaping is spitback or when I buy something based off of a review and the product ends up being mediocre and the reviewer just gave it a good review for brownie points.

Also: I find vape tricks a bit cringe.

Last edited:
I "hated vaping" when Twisp changed to Vuse and I could not find my old friend "Cubano" anymore. For, 4 years I just vaped Cubano and poof just like that it was gone forever.
View attachment 257777
You might be gone my old friend! But you will never be forgotten.Thank you Cubano!You made me stop my stinky,smoking habbit that I had for 25 years.

I’m with you @MrGSmokeFree
this sucks

happened to me with Blackbird. But I should have known better - it being an international juice

luckily I found a great substitute that in many ways is now even better for my palate (Havana Nightz)
if the local mixer @Naeemhoosen stops that juice I will have to buy the recipe or get it made somehow, lol

problem is that the ingredients change and the juice makers sometimes have to reformulate things. That sucks too

problem is that the ingredients change and the juice makers sometimes have to reformulate things.
This is a definite problem. Or it happens that specific flavours do not sell so well locally, so they stop importing it.

Back