I Must Be Going Menthol

Nicholas

Sir Vapor the greater
LV

Awards
Johannesburg South, Gauteng, South Africa
So i'm a custard and cream lover. always have been since i started. and when i do go fruity its always a creamy fruit recipe.

But then something happened vapours tongue hit so i went out to get some XXX expecting the worst.

Nope, it was delicious, not too menthol not too harsh, just a perfect summer vape and i really enjoyed it. but i didn't try DIY juices like this ... until now.

I've ordered a couple of fruits and stuff to try my luck and an adv menthol juice that's similar to xxx . what im thinking is extreme ice, black cherry, lychee, fuji and some strawberry ripe. . . maybe a little sweetener to keep the fruits popping.

however this is my first time messing with this type of juice so i need some help from all you menthol heads out there. just like xxx i don't want the menthol to blow my socks off i just want a nice cool hit with that mint undertone. also if im going to make the black cherry ans strawberry ripe the main notes at what % should i be looking, i basically want it to be a nice cherry/strawberry with undertone of lychee and apple.

any ideas

I dont do menthol's but I gotta give credit where its due. the @Troll Brothers Elixirs Alchemist got it right for me with fruity menthol.the only menthol juice thus far I actually can enjoy on occasion . Maybe they can share some knowledge :p

Just a heads up, I have heard - but not confirmed - that Polar Ice I think it is, is the same menthol as used in XXX.

Perhaps @Dietz can assist a bit here.

So i'm a custard and cream lover. always have been since i started. and when i do go fruity its always a creamy fruit recipe.

But then something happened vapours tongue hit so i went out to get some XXX expecting the worst.

Nope, it was delicious, not too menthol not too harsh, just a perfect summer vape and i really enjoyed it. but i didn't try DIY juices like this ... until now.

I've ordered a couple of fruits and stuff to try my luck and an adv menthol juice that's similar to xxx . what im thinking is extreme ice, black cherry, lychee, fuji and some strawberry ripe. . . maybe a little sweetener to keep the fruits popping.

however this is my first time messing with this type of juice so i need some help from all you menthol heads out there. just like xxx i don't want the menthol to blow my socks off i just want a nice cool hit with that mint undertone. also if im going to make the black cherry ans strawberry ripe the main notes at what % should i be looking, i basically want it to be a nice cherry/strawberry with undertone of lychee and apple.

any ideas

Dude, troll the menthol/diy thread for @rogue zombie 's Bruised Berry Menthol. http://www.ecigssa.co.za/diy-menthol-mint-recipes.t26651/page-3#post-462379 I have not been able to go back to anything else as an adv, besides maybe the perfect mango juice in the fruit diy sub. http://www.ecigssa.co.za/diy-fruit-recipes.t25444/page-2#post-406772

Just a heads up, I have heard - but not confirmed - that Polar Ice I think it is, is the same menthol as used in XXX.

I think its menthol ice? Or just the VM menthol concentrate? Now Im confused :eek:

I second Polar Ice. It's a mild menthol...very similar to Wilson's Imperial Mints. Goes well with most fruity/creamy flavours

I second Polar Ice. It's a mild menthol...very similar to Wilson's Imperial Mints. Goes well with most fruity/creamy flavours

I third Polar ice - got some last week and it impressed my greatly! I made a simple fruit and polar ice mix (6 fruit and 4% polar) and it's fabulous!
It's not as "harsh" as Extreme ice - it is more of a Koolada with "balls" and then some.
And it doesn't fade!!

Thanks for the education. I had no idea it was used in xxx

Well I can only guess, thats the suppliers Secret ;)

Reason Why I would say Polar Ice is because it does not TASTE like Menthol, Koolada (Even though some people say Koolada is Flavorless, I disagree, it has a very distinct taste to me), spearmint, Peppermint or Eucalyptus and the only other "Freezy Breezy" ive tasted is Polar Blast. I Loooove XXX and Compared a mix I made with Dragon Fruit with a little bit of Polar Blast and XXX, to me the Polar Blast tastes the Closest!

I am yet to work with Arctic Winter Menthol, Extreme Ice or any other than Stated above so cannot comment on those comparisons.

I third Polar ice - got some last week and it impressed my greatly! I made a simple fruit and polar ice mix (6 fruit and 4% polar) and it's fabulous!
It's not as "harsh" as Extreme ice - it is more of a Koolada with "balls" and then some.
And it doesn't fade!!
I like your interpretation of it!!
:rofl::rofl:

Well I can only guess, thats the suppliers Secret ;)

Reason Why I would say Polar Ice is because it does not TASTE like Menthol, Koolada (Even though some people say Koolada is Flavorless, I disagree, it has a very distinct taste to me), spearmint, Peppermint or Eucalyptus and the only other "Freezy Breezy" ive tasted is Polar Blast. I Loooove XXX and Compared a mix I made with Dragon Fruit with a little bit of Polar Blast and XXX, to me the Polar Blast tastes the Closest!

I am yet to work with Arctic Winter Menthol, Extreme Ice or any other than Stated above so cannot comment on those comparisons.
I have tried Extreme Ice and certainly it is not extreme ice.

@boxerulez I tried @rogue zombie Bruised Berries, although without the Black Cherry - I think I subbed Harvest Berry instead.
Personally I find the menthol overwhelming and the fruit too subtle, I cannot taste any of the fruit. I would drop the menthol and increase the fruit for my personal preference.

@Nicholas there was a great Litchi & Kiwi DIY mix by @Dietz which I tasted at the decent DIY Meetup. Add some menthol of your preference to that and it will be superb! Perhaps @Dietz can share his recipe :)

@boxerulez I tried @rogue zombie Bruised Berries, although without the Black Cherry - I think I subbed Harvest Berry instead.
Personally I find the menthol overwhelming and the fruit too subtle, I cannot taste any of the fruit. I would drop the menthol and increase the fruit for my personal preference.

@Nicholas there was a great Litchi & Kiwi DIY mix by @Dietz which I tasted at the decent DIY Meetup. Add some menthol of your preference to that and it will be superb! Perhaps @Dietz can share his recipe :)

This is the problem I've had with most Menthols.

I want strong Menthol, but still taste a touch of fruit. The Menthol I've used in the past don't alow for anything peering through, if you push the Menthol high. It frustrated me to no end.

I will definitely Share it later tonight when im back Home.

what about koolada? as it has no menthol taste but very cooling i must advise tho do not go over 0.5%.

Oh, OK. I doubt XXX uses Polar Blast, seeing as FA only released it in Oct last year. XXX has been going a bit longer than that.

@Nicholas, alas I haven't used it. I don't use cooling agents much at all. The only thing I would use it in is cola vapes. I can tolerate warm milkshakes but warm Coke is the giddy limit. I don't vape colas much, though, so once my bottle of Koolada is done, I can't see myself restocking it.

Last edited:
Back