I need help... again

Ev1l_EyE

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Morning all

Been a while since I first posted. Last I was having air lock issues with my MELO 3 tank which ended up with me wanting to launch the darn thing into space, so I bit the bullet and got my wife and I a brand spanking new tank and device/battery.

So I thought I'd get my lady and I the Smok Stick V8 Kit. What a great little device, vapes really well, nice big clouds... well compared to my old MELO 3 thing. So now I'm happy again, I can vape, tastes good... Until the first coil change... Seems I'd be better off not vaping...

So, I've changed the coil, was fine for a day or two, now it seems like the new coil is done and needs to be replaced, and this happens on both my wife's and my devices.
We get a burning sensation, almost like a dry hit, I know it's not the juice. I currently has the Loaded Glazed Donuts 3mg juice. When and spoke to the vendor and was told that it's supposed to taste like that.... If that's the case then I'm never buying that juice again, cause that burning sensation is horrid, closest comparison I can come to... feels like taking a drag of a smoke while you have bronchitis.

Do any of you have experience with the Smok Stick V8 with TFV8 Big Baby tank?
Stock coils that came with it V8 Baby-M2 Core 0.15 (pre-installed) and 0.25 ohm dual coils, also used 0.2 ohm coil and am currently on a 0.15 ohm quad coil, the only coil that didn't burn was the 0.15 pre-installed coil.

It could possibly be a bad batch of coils that you have there... Try getting some new M2 0.15ohm coils from another vendor, don't prime the coil at all. Just assemble the tank and let it stand for 20 mins. Keep in mind that this V8 stick is only geared towards the M2 coils and will suffer to keep up with anything else. The M2 coil also isn't very good at long slow lung hits...

Morning all

We get a burning sensation, almost like a dry hit, I know it's not the juice. I currently has the Loaded Glazed Donuts 3mg juice. When and spoke to the vendor and was told that it's supposed to taste like that.... If that's the case then I'm never buying that juice again, cause that burning sensation is horrid, closest comparison I can come to... feels like taking a drag of a smoke while you have bronchitis.

Do any of you have experience with the Smok Stick V8 with TFV8 Big Baby tank?
Stock coils that came with it V8 Baby-M2 Core 0.15 (pre-installed) and 0.25 ohm dual coils, also used 0.2 ohm coil and am currently on a 0.15 ohm quad coil, the only coil that didn't burn was the 0.15 pre-installed coil.

@Ev1l_EyE

- The V8 Baby-M2 Core 0.15 (pre-installed) worked fine for you, so stick with what works, i.e don't fix something that ain't broken.

- Are you using the same juice that you used successfully with the pre-installed coil? If not, then this juice may be "thicker" than the initial one which makes it more difficult for the juice to get inside the coil, thus causing dry hits. (Adding a little PG to it will help to thin it out.)

- Prime, prime, prime, both the sides and the top of the coil!!! ..... enough said.

- Also, repeat the "close airflow, take some deep pulls without firing, open airflow, let it stand for a few minutes" procedure a few times in-between actual vaping (for about half a tankful initially).

- When you start vaping on a new coil, do so with the airflow more closed than normal (you can open it up more after about 5 or so drags).

Last edited:
Just took it back to the vendor, luckily it burnt the guy as well, said that it seems the coil isn't getting enough juice, poke some small holes in it, so will see how that goes, but so far so good.

My quick take on things :

1. RTA = airlocks and leaks unless you wick like a scientists
2. RDA = refil (dripping) every 20 seconds
3. Sub Ohm = expensive retail coils
4. HE = Super Expensive and rare

5. RDTA = The way to Go!!!
6. BF's = The way to Go v.2!!!
:P:P:P

IMO

Last edited:
My quick take on things :

1. RTA = airlocks and leaks unless you wick like a scientists
2. RDA = refil (dripping) every 20 seconds
3. Sub Ohm = expensive retail coils
4. HE = Super Expensive and rare

5. RDTA = The way to Go!!!

:P:P:P

IMO
You forgot BF RDA (squonking)!

The only sub ohm tank I use is the baby beast cause its that good even tho I use RTAs. Ive tried all the coils multiple times & I found the Q2 & X4 to be best. The T8 lasts the longest in my opinion but gets too hot for me. Now I occasionally put the tank on my ijust s battery & its incredible but I do notice the coils tend to burn out faster that way. The ijust s should pull about 76w on that X4 coil as its 0.15ohm & that's out of the vaping range. The stick v8 should do the same thing. Maybe try taking shorter pulls and allow it to wick between pulls. I have vaped loaded donut in the baby beast & it does turn them coils black quite fast.

I found, back when I still used tanks, the chocolate glazed doughnut juices
(Debbie does Donuts) tend to be very thick, and doesn't wick too well.
Had to drill out my protank 4, then all my other juices started flooding.
So the culprit could very well be the juice. Hope those extra holes help

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

I use, and love, the X-Coil series of Smok, use them on all three tanks (Baby, Big Baby, and The Beast), all mainly fruity juices, between 45 - 75ish Watts. Never had a burned taste, or a dry hit.

So I have the same tank on my Minikin Boost and acquired it about 3 weeks ago. Last night I topped up and immediately started tasting a burnt coil. Could the coil be done? Also is the spare coil I received with my Big baby beast kit reccomended or do I go out and purchase a new one. I've been told by a more experienced vapor I should acquire a 0.2 coil as its a good balance between flavour & clouds.

So I have the same tank on my Minikin Boost and acquired it about 3 weeks ago. Last night I topped up and immediately started tasting a burnt coil. Could the coil be done? Also is the spare coil I received with my Big baby beast kit reccomended or do I go out and purchase a new one. I've been told by a more experienced vapor I should acquire a 0.2 coil as its a good balance between flavour & clouds.
3 weeks sounds about right for a coil.
I am not a fan of the 0.2 as it only really starts performing at about 80 watts and I don't like vaping at ghost watts. The Q2 is an outstanding coil imo, works well at 45w and good clouds/flavour.

3 weeks sounds about right for a coil.
I am not a fan of the 0.2 as it only really starts performing at about 80 watts and I don't like vaping at ghost watts. The Q2 is an outstanding coil imo, works well at 45w and good clouds/flavour.

Thanks bro,, I'll look into the Q2 coil.

Back