PeterHarris

- = NINJA = -
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
hey guys

so i am selling my Red Reo LP/SL

i am planning on getting a new SL/LP model, but now im stuck on what colour.
the button will be black derlin
the atty will be silver RM2, possibly a nuppin at a later stage silver or black.

now what colour?
do i go with hammer tone? (grey) - scratches wont show easy

do i go with black anodized - scratches will be more easily visible, but i wont be able to go to raw from here, as this is anodized, not painted. - but with a black button and atty it will look cool.

do i go with the raw aluminium - a plain look that will make the reo look like new in years to come.

any other color suggestions and reasons as to why would be welcome.

@PeterHarris I've got a black anodized one, over a year old; dropped on numerous occasions from pavement to tar roads - no scratches and only small markings on 2 corners. What color you should get, I don't know ;). The raw tumbled looks popular and gives you a clean slate to work on if you do decide to change.

Raw tumbled @PeterHarris
with a coloured door

I just love the feel of raw tumbled

How far can the reo's be torn down ? if all the way to the aluminium shell there is always the option of getting it re-anodized later.

@PeterHarris the raw tumbled SL/LP is my favorite but with my style of holding the REO in my hand all day and most of the night it does mark with sweat marks... but I like to clean my REO's in a big way and a Scotchbrite sponge cleans it nicely... but if you are looking for an easy to clean REO then the White one is a piece of cake.

no white, i had a white one and it shows dirt way too quick.
im starting to lean towards the raw look.....

no white, i had a white one and it shows dirt way too quick.
im starting to lean towards the raw look.....

That would be my choice but remember that with RAW if you hold it a lot you will be visiting the basin with your sponge often if you are OCD like me!

The white cleans with a damp cloth in no time.

The other thing is with a RAW you can polish it if you want and make it a fingerprint magnet in no time. ;-)

The all black look is great - find the anodized finish quite hardy, but I am a fan of raw alu too. And the gold anodized is awesome too - Not very helpful, am I?

Xpv2laq.jpg

All clean! ;-) Oh wow I just realised Old Avril (SL/LP) is missing... ahhh she was in my hand when the pic was taken! :p
REO-Family-301.jpg

I've had/have black, raw, blue and white.

I kept losing the black one in my dark office, the silver/raw finish was cool, but lots of extra work needed to keep it looking good. The metallic blue is a breeze. And the white is my favourite.

My advice would be to get a powder coated finish. That's my choice, regardless of the colour.

I've had/have black, raw, blue and white.

I kept losing the black one in my dark office, the silver/raw finish was cool, but lots of extra work needed to keep it looking good. The metallic blue is a breeze. And the white is my favourite.

My advice would be to get a powder coated finish. That's my choice, regardless of the colour.

I would agree with @Alex for sure... the powder coated ones are WAY easier to keep looking perfect... but I still love my tumbled despite the number of sponges and amount of sunlight liquid I go through! ;-)

I did not like the powder coated. They scratched too easily for me - especially the doors, maybe I am rough with my Reos.

Go for the Raw Tumbled @PeterHarris
Real metal looking ;-)
Hardcore.
And small scratches are hardly visible

I've never gotten "sweat marks" on mine, but then again, I alternate between at least two Reos so I dont always have only one in my hand like Rob.

can any one tell me what reo terminology means for SL/SP etc?.

can any one tell me what reo terminology means for SL/SP etc?.
SL = super light (the ones with the holes)
SP = standard profile (a higher catch cup, which restricts the variety of atomizer one can use on them)
LP = low profile (a lower catch cup, which allows most atomizers to fit)

The all black look is great - find the anodized finish quite hardy, but I am a fan of raw alu too. And the gold anodized is awesome too - Not very helpful, am I?

Xpv2laq.jpg

All clean! ;-) Oh wow I just realised Old Avril (SL/LP) is missing... ahhh she was in my hand when the pic was taken! :p
View attachment 28591

Looking at these 2 pictures. Why am i reminded of vaping is cheaper than smoking

Btw @PeterHarris the black lp/sl is very easy to clean

Back