I quit nicotine 5 months ago.

Scissorhands

Dedicated Vaper
LV

Awards
I haven't been on hear for years, just wanted to say hello!

I managed to quit nicotine cold turkey after 7 years of heavy vaping and 8 years of smoking before that, all cravings and desire is gone.

I have already donated all my gear.

Cheers and best wishes.

Well done! I’ve been thinking about quitting vaping as well. Sometimes go all day and realises “oh bugger I didn’t vape today” so maybe it’s easier than smokes.

Couldn’t go all day not smoking that’s for sure!

That's awesome. Well done. I stopped vaping in December and I've found it to be quite easy. I smoked cigarettes for many years, so started vaping to stop smoking. I then vaped for about 2 years and spent a small fortune on vape gear. Went down to 0mg in November and stopped in December. In all honesty, it was easier than I thought to actually stop, but I'll forever be grateful to vaping and the vaping community.

Well done! I’ve been thinking about quitting vaping as well. Sometimes go all day and realises “oh bugger I didn’t vape today” so maybe it’s easier than smokes.

Couldn’t go all day not smoking that’s for sure!
Thank you Paul

Definitely easier than tobacco, it sounds like you are mentally ready, thats 70% of quitting imo.

I did fail twice before I was mentally ready, the last 30% is dealing with cravings (was a 20ml 6mg vaper), honestly the first 4 - 6 weeks weren't easy. Couldn’t have nicotine in the house, didn't touch alcohol for the first 2 months, my crutch was coffee during work and micro dose cannibis when I was really desperate.(I had sore joint, tight itchy skin, nausea, short temper - I felt like a proper druggie)

I would love to say i just put my vape down and went on with my life but that's a massive lie.

That's awesome. Well done. I stopped vaping in December and I've found it to be quite easy. I smoked cigarettes for many years, so started vaping to stop smoking. I then vaped for about 2 years and spent a small fortune on vape gear. Went down to 0mg in November and stopped in December. In all honesty, it was easier than I thought to actually stop, but I'll forever be grateful to vaping and the vaping community.
Congratulations, you handled it like a champ, wish I could say the same.

Yes the community here is amazing, props to everyone who makes it work.

Thank you Paul

Definitely easier than tobacco, it sounds like you are mentally ready, thats 70% of quitting imo.

I did fail twice before I was mentally ready, the last 30% is dealing with cravings (was a 20ml 6mg vaper), honestly the first 4 - 6 weeks weren't easy. Couldn’t have nicotine in the house, didn't touch alcohol for the first 2 months, my crutch was coffee during work and micro dose cannibis when I was really desperate.(I had sore joint, tight itchy skin, nausea, short temper - I felt like a proper druggie)

I would love to say i just put my vape down and went on with my life but that's a massive lie.
I hear you. Some days I don’t even refill my tank so that’s like 2ml of juice (2mg Nic)

I reckon I’ll quit this year.

Back