Silver

Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
i'm sure many experienced vapers have learned so much in their journeys. But there are bound to be several gems that one thinks "I wish I knew this when I started vaping".

What are the things you learned that you wish you knew when you started out on your vaping journey?

Lets try put together some great tips and advice here that can help newer vapers...

image.jpeg

I will start off with this:

I wish I knew how easy it was to add menthol concentrate to an "average" juice and tranform it into a really nice one for me!

I wish I knew the importance of backup gear when I started vaping. I would have been able to give up smoking a lot earlier.

Sent by iDad's iPhone

Agreed!!

I must say I racked my brains trying to think of something to wish for but my vape journey has been such a marvellous trip that I probably wouldn't wish to change anything.

Mind you I wish I had realised that menthol fruit juices are the only juices that I really like and I should have stopped trying other juice profiles a long time ago and it would have saved me a lot of dough. Mind you I know I will keep trying juices just in case I find another ADV.

I wish I'd known which atties weren't going to work for me - would've saved a lot of money!

The same goes for all those recipes and concentrates that just turned out awful.

I wish i knew that i didn’t have to buy a ticket for every hype train

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the risk of trumpet blowing, I wish I'd been able to watch MixHax then instead of appearing in it now. But new folks are still coming into vaping and DIY continually. If we can help them to avoid wasting money and making common mistakes, it's all good.

I wish that I had realised that the mod is the least important part of your setup. If you prefer dual battery mods then you really only need two (one backup). The same applies for single and triple. Squonk mods have improved over the past year and are a bit of an exception, although I think that the improvements are close to their peak.

Today I would far rather buy "improved" RDAs than waste money on mods which have hardly changed in any meaningful way for a long time in vaping terms.

If you are into fashion or bling then the next mod is a fashion choice not a vaping choice. There is nothing wrong with this approach if you can afford it. Sometimes I think that we try to rationalise purchases on the basis of X or Y new features. These new features are often of little to no real value.

I wish I knew that there was a ecigssa forum when I started vaping.

I could have saved a "ship" load of money.

The info you get here regarding anything and everything vaping is priceless.

And the best part are the awesome people that I have met here on my vaping journey.

To anyone out there that is lurking in the the shadows and need help regarding vaping join this group.Help is just a message away.

I wish that I had known about how easy ”vaping” was, would have started a long time earlier.
Also how supportive everyone, including the vape shops and their staff were. That was the dealbreaker.
I wish I had known which profiles I liked when I started DIY’ing, I’m never going to invent that mango juice, it all tastes like vrot mango to me. So quite a couple of flavour choices wasted.
I wish I had found the ECIGSSA family earlier, the knowledge and willingness to share it is absolutely amazing. As well as the new friendships that are/have formed.
I wish I had spent more time asking and listening to reviews before I bought stuff, I have been reasonably lucky that most stuff I like, but I have also gotten rid of some stuff.

I hope that we are all willing to stand together against the new legislation been contemplated. I’m going to be an outlaw in this regard, hope everyone will join so that we can cover our backs.

I wish I knew that there was a ecigssa forum when I started vaping.

I could have saved a "ship" load of money.

The info you get here regarding anything and everything vaping is priceless.

And the best part are the awesome people that I have met here on my vaping journey.

To anyone out there that is lurking in the the shadows and need help regarding vaping join this group.Help is just a message away.
amen

Advise to all potential, new and experienced Vapers
**NB** Before you buy ... Do a lot of research .... firstly you need to educate yourself, also use the ECIGSSA forum there is a wealth of information available here.

Next ... Check on-line stores and shop around for the best price and when you are comfortable and find a preferred, reputable and convenient VapeStore"
  1. don't be scared to ask questions to ensure you get value for your money .....
  2. check with the sales person and get them to verify that the device, consumables and/or e-liquid is not a clone ......
  3. "try to support local," there are a lot of excellent local VapE-Liquids available and remember that "imported e-liquids are all local where they come from" ......)

The majority of new Vapers shop on a strict budget and need to remember that:
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of the lower price is forgotten"

I wish some one told me to get a proper battery operated mod , I had 5 Smok , Ijust and Kanger recharge ''sticks'' and the charging ports all gave trouble , and because they were round , rolled to the floor , glass replacement was a frequent operation ...
5_Vaping_Mistakes_Most_Beginner_Vapers_Make_grande.png

Last edited:
Yeah, I was put off by the bulky appearance of the open system mods. For me, an "electronic cigarette" was a slim, pen-shaped device with an LED that glowed at the tip. :D When I first saw a Kanger mod with its rectangular bulky profile, it didn't make any sense to me at all. So I held off on buying one. What a noob, heh.

I wish that I had known that I could make my own ejuice for R35-R45 per 100ml.

I also wish that I had known how easy it is to copy an ejuice recipe. 10 X easier than making a cake from a cake recipe and no danger of burning the house down.

I wish I knew then how easy it was to "nic up" a juice thats not strong enough.
I just wasnt aware and quite a bit of juice got pushed aside because it was too weak

I wish I knew the hype was real only 2% of the time.
I disagree. With a lot of HE, the hype is real 70% of the time. That's pretty good odds IMHO.
End of the day I wish I knew "use what works for you and not want works for everyone else".

Back