I wish I knew this when I started vaping

I used to sub ohm for many years and thought I would stay with it and was put off by the thought of a shlepp of building an RTA or RDA. Now I really enjoy it you have total control of the way you vape by the way you build the deck and the way you wick it. Another thing to point out is that I learnt that using a single coil RTA with a lower wattage goes easy on your e-liquid you buy at the shop, but if you DIY by all means use 2 coils.

I wish I knew the importance of having different juices in different devices

To cater for one's different tastes

Something hardcore (tobacco) when you need a strong throat hit
Something mellow to vape more often
And something icy and refreshing in between to reset and cleanse the palate.

Having different juices on tap when you need them - in devices that are ready to pick up and vape - has helped me hugely - and I only discovered this and started appreciating it more quite a long way into my vaping.
I only found this out later in my journey as well, what got me of stinkies was good old Menthol 24/7. Now I sometimes have 5 or 6 different flavours ready to go at all times.

Also wish I had discovered tobacco juices earlier. I think the main thing is that you evolve through your journey, and you start to appreciate the different things that each type of juice has to offer. Happy to say that I have 6 setups keeping me company tonight, 2 tobaccos, 2 fruits and 2 bakery. Vape on nation.

I wish I had known just how important coils and wicking is... the two most important items!
Aliens2.jpg Mavaton3.jpg

Could you please explain how to accurately nic up some juice, I have a 3mg juice that I want to add nicotine. I have 100mg/ml pg and a 36mg/l pg nics, how much do I add per ml to go up say 3mg?
If you use the 36mg nic, to bump it up by 3mg add 8.5ml nic. That's for 100ml of juice that was already 3mg nic.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

@Gimli, it's pretty easy to do in your mixing calculator. Let's do a quick walk-through using DIY Juice Calculator. To start with, I create a New recipe called Nic Up. I can then load this recipe every time I want to increase nic in a juice. The recipe loads my existing template. I usually mix 30ml batches at 1.5mg nic and 60/40 VG/PG. So as we see, these are the parameters that are loaded by the calculator.

Nic Up 1.jpg
Let's say I want to increase the nic in a 60ml bottle of commercial juice where I calculate I've vaped 1/3 of the bottle already. So I have 40ml of juice left. The juice is 3mg and I wish to increase the strength to 5mg. I then enter 40ml as my "amount to make". To calculate the "target nicotine", I subtract the existing juice nic strength from the desired final strength. So 5mg (desired strength) minus 3mg (existing strength) = 2mg (amount I must add) in the "target nicotine" box, thus:

Nic Up 2.jpg

Now I enter what type of nic I will be using to increase the nic strength in the Nicotine box. In this case, I will be adding 48mg Gold PG nic. As soon as I enter that, the calculator will tell me how much of that nic to add:

Nic Up 3.jpg
Et voila, the calc tells me to add 1.73g (rounded) of the Gold 48mg PG nic to my bottle of juice, in order to boost nic strength from 3mg to 5mg. You can then save the "recipe" and just load it then change the parameters the next time you want to increase your nic.

It won't be 100% accurate, though. Because you are adding nic to the juice, you are increasing the volume of the juice. But the calculator is working out the volume as your initial starting volume, not the final volume where you have added nic to your starting volume. As you can see, we're adding 1.67ml of nic to 40ml of juice. So we now have 41.67ml of juice, not the 40ml that the calculator used. Of course, increasing the volume of the juice dilutes the nic level. So your nic level will be slightly lower than you figure. If I calculated for 5mg, it will probably come out at 4.9mg or whatever. If this bothers you, you can then use the calculator to recalibrate. Once the calc has told you how much nic to add, add that nic volume to your "amount to make" volume. So we'll add 1.67ml (nic we're adding) to our 40ml (juice in the bottle) to give 41.67ml final volume. When we recalculate, we get:

Nic Up 4.jpg
So I've now increased from 1.73g to 1.8g. That is literally about two drops of PG nic. It's trivial but it will be that little bit more accurate, if you're a stickler for accuracy.

Back