If it can be done in NZ then why not here in SA

Genosmate

Reo's For me
LV

Awards
I exchange PM's with @hands often and he asked me what if anything I'm working on.
A couple of things which can keep for now,but I thought I'd try a dual 18650 wooden squonker.
The main body is from Monkey Thorn and the end caps will be from Purple Heart........well thats if I can get it too work!
Should finish up smaller than I envisaged.

VRC1.jpg VRC2.jpg VRC3.jpg

Awesome man. Can't wait to see the finished product! :)

haka_1767942b.jpg

This is why.

aah nice man. will be watching your progress closely on this one. it does seem much smaller than i had pictured in my head.

Heres the progress @hands.
Modified an FD's connector using a vented s/s screw which has had the head turned down in both dimensions to fit in the 510 and the insulator tapped to accept it.
Fitted the 510,drilled the switch hole and holes for the magnets,started making the beryllium copper parts and roughed the size out as well as the end caps.I could have made this without a bottom cap but I wanted to balance the look of the mod,before its finished the bottom will be bonded to the body though.
Will still get a bit more off the corner to corner dimensions as well as a little off the facets and the height.

IMG_1006.jpg IMG_1008.jpg IMG_1009.jpg IMG_1010.jpg

this is gonna be cool, i am exited to see more progress

Awesome @Genosmate
Double battery squonker sounds like something to have!

Well it can be done in SA!
Theres no copper rods or magnets (apart from in the top cap) in the mod and no wires so its fully mechanical using Beryllium Copper strips for all the connections apart from the brass post which acts as the firing contact.
Have to refine the squonk hole,drill some vent holes from the battery chambers thru into the bottle chamber and then the time consuming process of sanding and finishing.Not sure what I'll use but I'm favouring CA glue at the moment.
Size wise its as small as I could make it and it fits nicely in the hand.

020.jpg 021.jpg mod.jpg com.jpg

Jassis, this is nice. I don't own a squonker YET. Haven't found anything that intrigues me enough, well enough that I'm able to afford. But THIS is absolutely amazing. Well done, any new pics for motivation?

From the heading, i thought the thread was about having a decent rugby team

Back