IJOY Diamond VPC Starter Kit 1400mAh

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Diamond VPC Starter Kit 1400mAh from iJoy. The IJOY Diamond VPC Starter Kit 1400mAh was supplied for the purpose of this review by Evan from Heaven Gifts.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/IJOY...C-Kit.html

Introduction

This is different, a pod mod! The Diamond VPC Starter Kit is made up with with the Bae, a versatile little device that allows the use of a normal atomizer and the VPC pod, by fitting the supplied adaptor other popular pods can also be used. The device has various modes to suit different types of pods as well as having 1W to 45W wattage mode, at the very least it's interesting so lets give it a look.

In the Box

Contents:

1x IJOY Diamond Bae Box MOD
1x VPC Unipod
1x VPC Adapter
1x Lanyard
1x USB Cable
1x Manual
1x Warranty Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Diamond VPC Starter Kit comes in the typical wooden box that can be folded open which has a cardboard sleeve which is how a lot of iJoy products are packaged. I received the Mirror Black version, it's also available in Mirror Red, Mirror Blue, Mirror Stainless Steel, Mirror Pink, Mirror Green, Mirror Purple, Mirror White, Mirror Rainbow and Mirror Orange, all versions have a Black diamond shaped accent both sides, Black buttons and tinted screen cover. Sitting on top we have the VPC pod fitted inside the 510 bottom section, these two sections together look just like a domed small MTL tank. The 510 section of the pod system matches the colour of the device while the pod is tinted Black, my version being Black means the entire device and pod sections are Black. Both sides of the device has a raised cut diamond design, one side has "iJOY" printed in White. The front has a large vertical rectangular fire button towards the top, the button protrudes quite a bit due to also having a raised cut diamond design. Below the fire button we have a tinted panel which houses the screen and +/- horizontal rocker bar, at the bottom on the front we have the micro USB port. The spine of the device is featureless apart from at the very top we have a rail which can be used for fitting the supplied lanyard. The base has branding, safety stamps and venting, up top we have a central Stainless Steel 510 plate with Gold plated, spring loaded 510. The very small size of the device and position of the fire button makes the device very ergonomic, with it being small the scales may say differently but it feels for the size quite weighty and solidly made.

IJOY VPC UNIPOD Specs and Features

Size: 19 x 41mm
E-juice Capacity: 2ml
Resistance: 1.0ohm
Best Power: 10-15W
Multifunctional pod-style atomizer with unique structure
Easy-to-operate pluggable design
Compatible with Juul & Phix cartridge by using UNIPOD Adapter
Unique ceramic coil for Nic Salt
Convenient side refill system
Thread: 510
Colours: Mirror Black, Mirror Red, Mirror Blue, Mirror Stainless Steel, Mirror Pink, Mirror Green, Mirror Purple, Mirror White, Mirror Rainbow, Mirror Orange

IJOY VPC UNIPOD Overview

The Unipod refers to the complete package which is the 510 section that screws into the device, the supplied VPC pod and the silicone adaptor which allows various other popular pods to be fitted. The 510 section looks just like the base and sleeve of an RDA and screws into the 510 connection on the device. The supplied VPC pod looks just like the top section of a domed atomizer, even the mouthpiece is shaped like a MTL drip tip. The VPC pod and the 510 section interlock, when you push the pod into the 510 section it clicks into place. The silicone adaptor also has the same interlocking cutouts and fits into the 510 section perfectly, the silicone has a central cutout which is shaped to allow various pods to fit tight while making contact with the contacts inside the 510 section. The VPC pod has a bung in it's side which isn't visible when fitted, removing this bung reveals a good sized filling port (the pods capacity is 2ml) at the very bottom of the VPC pod we have 2 tiny airflow slots there are also dual 1mm airflow holes on the 510 section that line up with the centre of these. The pod is tinted Black but is very translucent so no issues seeing your e-liquid level when it's a third full or higher but the solid 510 section hides the juice lower down but tilting the tank resolves this.

IJOY Diamond Bae 45W VW Box MOD Specs and Features:

Size: 60 x 34 x 27.5mm
Battery: Built-in 1400mAh
Battery Type: 20350
Resistance Range: 0.05-3.0 ohm
Pod Mode(Adjust Voltage): 2.5V-3.8V
Power Mode(Adjust Power): 5-45W
Multi-faced diamond cutting technology
Tiny size for easy carrying
USB port charging support
Switchable POWER and POD mode
Thread: 510
Colours: Mirror Black, Mirror Red, Mirror Blue, Mirror Stainless Steel, Mirror Pink, Mirror Green, Mirror Purple, Mirror White, Mirror Rainbow, Mirror Orange

The Battery

The Diamond Bae has an inbuilt battery which is a 20350 1400mAh which gives the device great battery life for using with pods and MTL tanks at low wattage. The device would be far better if it had a removable panel to allow charging the battery externally and fitting a fresh one while charging.

Operating the Diamond Bae

The Diamond Bae is the usual 5 clicks to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off, once on the small display is bright but does have a tinted cover so reading it outdoors is a little tricky. The display consists of top left is the wattage or voltage depending which mode you are in, top right we have a battery indication bar and underneath this is "W" or "V" depending on mode. Bottom left displays how many puffs you have taken this changes to volts while vaping and then back to puffs, the final information displayed on the screen is the resistance bottom right. Clicking the fire button 3 times enters the menu which allows you to choose between modes, the options are Power (variable wattage which can be adjusted from 1W up to 45W), Pod (this is the mode for using the VPC Pod you get supplied and is variable voltage from 2.5V up to 3.8V). The next option is Jewel (Juul) which is a fixed voltage of 3.1V to suit the Juul pod, then we have Myle which is a fixed voltage of 3.6V to suit the Myle pod, next we have Juno which is a fixed voltage of 3.7V and finally Reset puffs (the options round robin).

Versatility

The different named pod modes are set voltage to suit that type of pod but also having both wattage mode 1W to 45W and the basic pod mode being variable voltage 2.5V to 3.8V gives this device so many options, a MTL RTA with the right build could be used on pod mode (variable voltage) or the supplied pod as i tried can be used in wattage mode, also the named pods such as the Juul could be used in a different mode, you never know a bit of experimenting you could come across a setting you prefer (nothing is set in stone).

My Experience Using the Diamond VPC Kit

I don't have any Juul, Myle or Juno pods so i couldn't fully test out the device in regard to trying other pods but looking at the design of the plug in adaptor it looks simple but effective the pods should sit in place tight and make contact so should work a treat. I used the device mainly with the supplied VPC pod but also gave it a whirl with a 22mm MTL tank which sat flush and was very enjoyable. The device fires instantly and the fire button is both clicky and easy to find. I have used the device for over a week but it needs baring in mind i juggle devices about and i'm always testing other products at the same time so we are actually talking about 2 hours here and 4 hours there and a few trips shopping etc (you get the drift). The airflow on the device using the pod is definitely MTL but not super tight and the flavour i got from the VPC pod was quite good, about average for a pod system. You get just the one pod which is a con and the flavour is still ok but has begun to drop off which bearing in mind as i have explained i have been using the device on and off (not consistently) they are not the best pods for longevity (although as well as using it on the pod setting i also used it quite a bit at 15w in Power mode that might of shortened it's lifespan). It's a shame i didn't have a Juul pod to try as i think that's where this device will shine allowing people to use their favourite pods while enjoying a 1400mAh battery life.

Pros

Aesthetically pleasing
Solidly made
Pocket friendly
Ergonomic
Pod good flavour
Wattage mode
Pod mode (variable voltage 2.5V - 3.8V)
Modes to suit different pods
Genuine MTL Vape (airflow)
Use MTL Atty's
Low wattage/voltage DL ( with atty's)
Very versatile
Very good battery life (relative: pods and low wattage with atty's)
Adaptor for different types of pods
Supplied Lanyard
Firmware upgradeable

Cons

Can't charge battery externally (uses 20350)
Only 1 pod included
VPC Pods not great for longevity of flavour (just my experience with 1 pod)
Tanks over 22mm will overhang
A bit tricky seeing display outdoors

I would once again like to thank Evan from Heaven Gifts for supplying the IJOY Diamond VPC Starter Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/IJOY...C-Kit.html

Back