iJoy Limitless LUX 215W box Mod

PieterT

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi there.

I have an iJoy Limitless LUX 215W box mod. Currently I am using a Gimini RBA tank using dual coils made on a 2.5 tool. All new to this though.

Is this tank sufficient as it gets quite hot after a few drags on 120w. How can i get it to not get so hot ? a new tank will cost a lot and I do not have the budget at the moment. I am using either Kanthal A1 wire 26/32GA or just plain Kanthal 26Ga sigle wire. The single wire, when I test the coils get so hot it actually bends.

I use 8 to 9 turns when making them.

Thank you

Hi there.

I have an iJoy Limitless LUX 215W box mod. Currently I am using a Gimini RBA tank using dual coils made on a 2.5 tool. All new to this though.

Is this tank sufficient as it gets quite hot after a few drags on 120w. How can i get it to not get so hot ? a new tank will cost a lot and I do not have the budget at the moment. I am using either Kanthal A1 wire 26/32GA or just plain Kanthal 26Ga sigle wire. The single wire, when I test the coils get so hot it actually bends.

I use 8 to 9 turns when making them.

Thank you

What is the ohms reading on your device? You may be using too much power at 120w

I normally fire 0.15ohms at about 90w that's my preference, and it works quite well. Still get plenty vapor and great flavour.

It is currently on 0.63 ohm. What is the best ohmage to use ? How do I know whe building what ohmage it is ? Do i need more tools to check it ? Thanks for the advice..

Jesus man 120w!!! What are you more than human?.

It is currently on 0.63 ohm. What is the best ohmage to use ? How do I know whe building what ohmage it is ? Do i need more tools to check it ? Thanks for the advice..
At that resistance run it at a max of 60w that's my opinion.

Do you often get a burnt cotton taste at 120w? If yes then it's definitely to high for that build either way I think it's very very high.

For less resistance:

1. Thicker gauge wire
2. Less wraps

Less resistance, in lay terms, mean you can use more wattage.

Hi. I dont get a burnt cotton taste at that wattage. well not yet though. I was thinking that it might be that tank that nees to be replaced with a beter spec tank that can cater for that wattage and heat. I must say, i love the ijoy. Have it now for a few days. If all else fails then I will probably have to down the wattage a bit I suppose.

hey @PieterT , most welcome to the forum. 120w is definitely too much. i see you from roodepoort pop me a pm and maybe i can help you out

Well I guess that addresses my fears that the iJoy wrapped batteries might secretly only be 15a CDR...

In all seriousness, this chip has a max output of 8v, doing stuff like this is silly as you're red lining the chip and in a couple weeks when the mod stops working you're going to be sad, I'm guessing it's giving out a 7.x V reading or so on screen.

The batteries to my knowledge have yet to be tested/bench marked by anyone and there are crappy 26650s around that only do 20a CDR firing them off with a 18.7a draw is wading in to muddy waters.

The fact that you said the kanthal warped is also concerning, that's alot of heat...

If this isn't a troll post def' take that dude up on his offer to explain some fundamentals to you.

Back