I'm over RTAs

Zeus single is super easy to re-wick, just as easy as any RDA. Leak proof and awesome flavour.
The Only DL RTA's I own, and the flavour is good for a top airflow RTA and very easy to wick. Overall a great unit and way, way better than that Pharaoh Mini disaster.

My Drop, Drop Solo and Wasp Nano are my favourite for DL Flavour. Unfortunately my Zeus's are often left in the drawer and only come visit occasionally.

Well in my few days of vaping Ive come to the conclusion that most off these so called experts/reviewers on youtube, is a bunch of idiots. I have watch videos on wicking the moonshot by most of these guys that seems to be the "experts", well known vaping guys, and copied all their methods and every single one was a fail, kept getting leaks. So then then I opened the moonsthot, cleaned it and sat looking at it for a while to figure out how it works, where the air comes from, the juice, where can it leak etc. Then I wicked it accordingly.
Now on my last build I have refilled about 12 times(yes its just a 2ml tank) and only twice I had like a fraction of a drop of liquid coming out the air intake, but if you dont look closely you will not even have seen it.
Ok Im new so maybe next build will leak again, but at this stage I think I figured it out.

Same thing here, Well similar....

Had a Serpent Mini 25mm which was awesome and flavor was epic until i started having issues with the vacuum lock and could for the life of me not get it solved so i sold it. Bought the OBS engine V1 and flavor for days and no leaking but then swopped it for a Ammit 22mm and a Limitless XL RDA. Ammit was okay but leaked a lot which i hated!! Limitless XL was too airy and would also leak...probably my own fault.

Then i bought a Wasp Nano and still have this and this little RDA is a flavor machine with no leaking and easy building! Then a month ago i swopped the Ammit 22mm and limitless for a Vandy Vape Revolver RTA single coil and flavor was epic. The SO started to use the Revolver for a week or two and then suddenly started to leak. No matter how much i rewick, look at videos i cannot get it to not leak!! WTF!

around the same time i bought my Zeus dual and had some issues with this RTA but since ive figures out how to properly wick this beast, its only flavor for days and it cant leak so this is my trusty RTA now. Wife is now using her trusty Serpent Mini 22mm which is great and once the wicking is figures out, it just works great.

LOLZ! I know how you feel. My first setup was a Voopoo Drag with Wotofo Bravo (everybody was raving about the flavour of the Bravo and how trusty it is). Weeeelllll... that lasted for about a month! Everytime I filled it (top fill) the thing would leak (yes, I know about the pressure etc, but despite my best efforts and all the aces I had, it still performed like a drama queen). And not just leak a drop or two, die ding huil asof hy 'n tantrum gooi!!!!

Suffice to say, I decided to go the Squonk & RDA route. Got myself a Pulse 80W with Recurve and have never looked back. The Recurve performs like a charm, EVERY TIME!!!!

Actually looking at getting another Recurve for my recently acquired Pulse X. Not a fan of the dual coil Pulse X atty. Then again, I might just need some time to get used to it...
Would love to take that pulse x rda off your hands.

I've tried a few rtas and I prefer squonking with and rda so much more. So easy to build and never a leak

I agree with the original post; the leaking, difficulty to wick some and overall day-to-day use isn't great. I've switched myself and my wife over to RDTAs and couldn't be happier. It's simple to wick, leak-proof and still has that 4ml tank. Flavour seems to be slightly better too.

Once again Juggerknot mini for the win

Optimistically I feel it might be my last rta supper easy to build and wick.

I feel the same pain as everyone here. Got the Creed, wicked first time, was great for an hour or so, then just dumped liquid all over my Nova. Cleaned it and put it away. Kylin would have good days but mostly bad. And always at the worst time (at work on the way to a meeting etc.).

I got the Themis a little while back, and the lack of worrying about leaking was great, but flavour was meh. Latest tank I got was the Zeus Dual. And honestly I haven't used any other tank (RDAs at home with a mech), but as far as tanks go, the Zeus Dual is just fantastic. No leaking ever, no dry hits, no flooding and of course no leaking. Wicking was fun to experiment with, and I have found a method that works so so well for me. Perhaps I'll share it this evening when I rewick!

As promised: here
@Seemo.wm - thought this might be of some help

Last edited:
Skyline in the hand this Friday afternoon.

@Daniel , for me this RTA is sublime.

Not a single leak since I got it. Not a sausage of a problem. Consistent. And glorious flavour for me on the fruity menthols.

It's just a bit small and the fill procedure is a bit of a schlepp. Maybe that's why it behaves so well though.

0908f716d883036919b80eab5c8b060a.jpg

I’ve also officially given up on RTAs.

Only use RDA’s cause RTAs are a pain in the @ss

I only got one RTA and thats the Dwarv MTL clone. I only use it for high nic for those days I really need it. But I dread every time I need to pitstop.

Does the Billet Box Exocet count as an RTA? If so then that has to be an exception.

So was getting everything ready for my weekend away in the bush and started pit stopping my line of RTAs....

1st up my FP wicked it up like I'm used to lekker first fill pissed out. Ok must have been something I did wrong check the Wicks check everything booooing coil pops out OK calm down woosa get that leg up (of the coil you dirty minded Bastard) rewick bam dry hits ok die moer hiermee lets try old trusty Reload clean and lean wicked right what happens pisses out on me.....OK lemme get the Dvarw out its never let me down rewick all good and dandy....wtf flavor is muted huh is my coil too low too high open it up all good close it up. Boom pisses out on me.....

Screw this check the Recurve I've been neglecting quick dry burn wick in bam sorted no leaking no nothing just flavor

Sorry to all the RTA fans but I'm done with RTAs maybe it's me but FFS IT'S A MISSON....

Ok rant over let the flaming begin but truly I'm over it....back to my roots...

I used to feel this way, until I got my Zeus single coils. I have 4, no issues in over 6 months. Not one leak, no dry hits and flavor for days. I'm a bit over squonking, lol
Not using Rta's at all anymore, Yes the Zeus is not the kind of leaking tank, but damn it is on thirsty tank. I'd rather stick to squoking.

Hahahaha... i would expect nothing less @Daniel and that i mean a good way. Being i reviewer,with so many different products to build how the hell do you remember each and every products sweat spot.
That is why i have 2 RTA's and only 2.... that i have i can build eyes closed and the rest of my stock is RDA. Even a noob vaper like me will struggle to mess it up.

Not using Rta's at all anymore, Yes the Zeus is not the kind of leaking tank, but damn it is on thirsty tank. I'd rather stick to squoking.
MINE IS JUST PARKING OFF IN STORAGE.. The extra cost of juice on a Zeus = new RDA every month.. :giggle:

I wholeheartedly agree brother.
I just cannot stand all the hassles and rig my roles and thingymcbobs you have to go through with RTAS.
I'm an RDA guy all the way. I own two rtas, engine v2, and Wake, and where are they? In the display stand, why because juice is too expensive to waste vaping out of an RTA.
Gimme the flavour!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just putting this out there for the newer vapers among us. If you are sure you wicked the RTA correctly and still get leaking issues, check all O-rings...
I have had it with the Ammit 25 and Dvarw DL where an O-ring got pinched and caused the leaks. Since then, after replacing the culprits, no leaks.

Just putting this out there for the newer vapers among us. If you are sure you wicked the RTA correctly and still get leaking issues, check all O-rings...
I have had it with the Ammit 25 and Dvarw DL where an O-ring got pinched and caused the leaks. Since then, after replacing the culprits, no leaks.
Fully agree with @Brommer. O-rings should be one of the very first things to check when you have a leaking RTA! Solid advice!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@Rafique you’re making me jealous, still waiting for my Juggerknot to arrive, should get it tomorrow.

Coil, Wick and Juice are ready and waiting to go in.

@CaliGuy I'm excited for you, if you don't like it I call first dibs. I can't find another one. You shouldn't have any problems with it. Also I cut my wicks so that it just fits half the juice port and I thin it out a lot. Post a hand check when u get it

Back