I'm so p'd off!!!!

RoRy13

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Well yesterday the griffin and mod fell off the table, mod is fine and so was the griffin except for a gap forming on one side, between the juice control ring and base.

It was still vaping as normal, but my OCD got the best of me, so last night I decide to fix it, so I remove the deck, put it on the ground and gently tap it with a pair of pliers, the gaps gone, great.

I removed the screws initially and now when trying to put them back on the posts, only the bottom screws go in perfectly, the holes at the top of the posts are now deformed ever so slightly and makes the screws impossible to go in. I've tried everything, even stripped one of the screws trying to force it in and hoping it sort of re-threads.

To make matters worse, I tried screwing the base onto the mod, and noticed the 510 at the bottom was also deformed a bit and now that doesn't screw on either.

I know I probably should have thought it through before I decided to fix the gap and should have anticipated this could happen, hindsight and all, but I never would have imagined how soft the metal is, I mean literally light taps and now completely damaged.

It was only a week old, never had the time to really get to experience its full potential, oh well...;(

Well yesterday the griffin and mod fell off the table, mod is fine and so was the griffin except for a gap forming on one side, between the juice control ring and base.

It was still vaping as normal, but my OCD got the best of me, so last night I decide to fix it, so I remove the deck, put it on the ground and gently tap it with a pair of pliers, the gaps gone, great.

I removed the screws initially and now when trying to put them back on the posts, only the bottom screws go in perfectly, the holes at the top of the posts are now deformed ever so slightly and makes the screws impossible to go in. I've tried everything, even stripped one of the screws trying to force it in and hoping it sort of re-threads.

To make matters worse, I tried screwing the base onto the mod, and noticed the 510 at the bottom was also deformed a bit and now that doesn't screw on either.

I know I probably should have thought it through before I decided to fix the gap and should have anticipated this could happen, hindsight and all, but I never would have imagined how soft the metal is, I mean literally light taps and now completely damaged.

It was only a week old, never had the time to really get to experience its full potential, oh well...;(
Oh man... That is heart-breaking buddy! I'm sorry to hear this :(

Erg...:eek:

Sh** bud , thats awful! I can relate my OCD can be my worst enemy

eish buddy, that is one helluva sad story - I would not be happy with myself if I broke my Griff. So what you gonna buy to replace it - let me be the fuel to that CUD bug on your shoulder :D.

I stripped my thread on my Griffin and broke a glass tank. But got her going again till payday

Anyone willing to sell me their griffin (PM me jhb area) or have any idea how I fix mine, would be much appreciated. I will post pics later this evening.

I'm now having to deal with the annoying fill screw of the goblin mini.
eish buddy, that is one helluva sad story - I would not be happy with myself if I broke my Griff. So what you gonna buy to replace it - let me be the fuel to that CUD bug on your shoulder :D.

I want another griffin, anyone willing to sell me their griffin :D (PM me jhb area ;)) or have any idea how I fix mine, would be much appreciated. I will post pics later this evening.

I'm now having to deal with the annoying fill screw of the goblin mini.

hat sucks man! how did you remove the Deck from the airflow base though? i tried to get mine out for cleaning but i just cant get it right

hat sucks man! how did you remove the Deck from the airflow base though? i tried to get mine out for cleaning but i just cant get it right

I don't think you can, the gap was between the airflow base and deck.

how did that happen --- easy , grub screws . the two on the one side refused to come out and rounded themselves into uselessness .

i drilled them out , got rid of the bits in the threads all nice and clean , ready for new screws .

but the holes had kinked a fraction in the process so i pushed a drill bit back end first into the hole to re round them and hey presto when i pulled the bit out i must have not got the angle wrong , it snapped ..

its like my Crius just cant get the base to unscrew off the bit that holds the glass for the love of all thats good and holy

Just an update, I've managed to rescue my griffin :D

With a 2mm drill bit and sandpaper, happy days, she's running perfectly now.

Back