In light of the lockdown

Thanks for the advice, appreciated, 3 stopcocks including one on the meter, Done, no movement, solar geyser full, usage has been constant, don’t think we could use nearly 12,000 liters in 2 days. Going to remain a mystery for some time still it seems.
People dont realize how much water is wasted by a toilet. Now everyone is at home flushing the whole day

Port Shepston
At an old age village the staff and kitchen workers are sleeping in the empty/ unoccupied houses , they cannot go home in fear of infection to the elderly.

Port Shepston
At an old age village the staff and kitchen workers are sleeping in the empty/ unoccupied houses , they cannot go home in fear of infection to the elderly.
It is unfortunately the best way to protect them @ARYANTO. In Europe despite the ban on visitations imposed in the old age homes, people are starting to die in big numbers and it’s obviously the staff that is bringing the virus in. It may be the price to pay...

@Timwis How does lockdown, shopping and transport work in the UK? Do you need to take a bus to the nearest shop? And obviously there can't be any social distancing on any form of public transport.

So many South Africans should count themselves lucky. We just get into a car and drive to the nearest supermarket.

@Timwis How does lockdown, shopping and transport work in the UK? Do you need to take a bus to the nearest shop? And obviously there can't be any social distancing on any form of public transport.

So many South Africans should count themselves lucky. We just get into a car and drive to the nearest supermarket.
Walk to the shops and the little public transport there is are only supposed to be used in emergency situations. The only two buses i have seen since lockdown has had just the driver in one and the other the driver and just one passenger towards the back!

This past wednesday i thought i would go insane with the lockdown. But i made a conscious decision to get a schedule going.
So every morning, i wake up and do some exercise, even if its only 50 pushups.
Afterwards take a nice shower or bath, get dressed in some descent clothes and make kids breakfast.
And just these small changes and sticking to a schedule makes one hell of a difference.

I guess a lot of bottles of ''special reserve'' and vintage reds are going to be consumed in light of the booze ban.

This past wednesday i thought i would go insane with the lockdown. But i made a conscious decision to get a schedule going.
So every morning, i wake up and do some exercise, even if its only 50 pushups.
Afterwards take a nice shower or bath, get dressed in some descent clothes and make kids breakfast.
And just these small changes and sticking to a schedule makes one hell of a difference.

"only 50 pushups"! I can't do only one!

I see my neighbour's son running laps around their house every day and I wonder how people who live in flats are coping? It must be really difficult.

Breakdown of arrests during lockdown:
[MY BROADBAND]
Cele said that the SAPS made 2,298 arrests on 30 March alone, while the total sum of arrests had reached over 17 000 since the start of the lockdown by 31 March 2020.

The provincial breakdown of total arrests is as follows:

• Gauteng – 1,888
  • Western Cape – 4,769
  • KwaZulu Natal – 1,845
  • Eastern Cape – 1,613
  • Northern Cape – 832
  • North West – 1,562
  • Free State – 3,098
  • Mpumalanga – 752
  • Limpopo – 850
  • Total – 17,209
“Ideally, we would prefer that our communities and all stakeholders cooperate and comply to minimize the risk of exposure of both themselves as well as our 24,389 law enforcement members to the Covid-19.

Breakdown of arrests during lockdown:
[MY BROADBAND]
Cele said that the SAPS made 2,298 arrests on 30 March alone, while the total sum of arrests had reached over 17 000 since the start of the lockdown by 31 March 2020.

The provincial breakdown of total arrests is as follows:

• Gauteng – 1,888
  • Western Cape – 4,769
  • KwaZulu Natal – 1,845
  • Eastern Cape – 1,613
  • Northern Cape – 832
  • North West – 1,562
  • Free State – 3,098
  • Mpumalanga – 752
  • Limpopo – 850
  • Total – 17,209
“Ideally, we would prefer that our communities and all stakeholders cooperate and comply to minimize the risk of exposure of both themselves as well as our 24,389 law enforcement members to the Covid-19.

Whew! So what happens after they're arrested, I wonder? If they're imprisoned until bail is paid, then I hope that they're keeping them separate from the other inmates!

Speking of prisons, there is one thing which I don't understand. Some states in the USA have released prisoners ahead of time, because of the virus. But what's the point of releasing them into the community, where they will be exposed to the virus? I think that prisons are ideal isolation units, so long as visitors are not permitted - as we done here in SA. Surely prisoners are safer in prison, than out??

Speking of prisons, there is one thing which I don't understand. Some states in the USA have released prisoners ahead of time, because of the virus. But what's the point of releasing them into the community, where they will be exposed to the virus? I think that prisons are ideal isolation units, so long as visitors are not permitted - as we done here in SA. Surely prisoners are safer in prison, than out??
If the prison situation in the US is anything like the UK they are overcrowded just not enough capacity as infrastructure hasn't kept up with population increase. I am not being anti any other people from other nations but not shying away from fact one reason Brexit was voted for is in the UK we have had a massive increase in prisoners since the influx of Eastern Europeans over the last 15 years. Governments are always trying to come up with reasons or incentives to release prisoners as early as possible to help with this over capacity but as you can imagine it's met with discontent by the law abiding citizens. This is a case of the well known saying "burying bad news" solving one problem which is an issue and would normally raise many questions but it's done at a time there is something much bigger going on so doesn't get the attention it deserves!

As someone who was already in the SAPS during the 90's with the great rioting. Trust me, there will be rioting if lockdown goes on too long. The majority of people in SA would rather have their liquor and cigs than worry about a virus. If they can't get it, they'll riot and thousands of them will band together and the virus will spread like wildfire. Hunger and loss of income will also trigger the riots and to be honest, the police won't be able to handle it. We are not enough.
The people are already fed up with the police and army chasing them into their homes and they're already throwing stones at police and army vehicles and swearing at the police and army. It won't be long.
Yes, I know that there are SAPS members and army that are mistreating the people, but I'm not talking about them. I'm talking about police and army just doing their jobs by keeping unnecessary people off the streets.

Last edited:
Presented by Nedbank
Nedbank pledges R12 million to help alleviate the COVID-19 pandemic
Partner14 April 2020

Nedbank has committed to helping alleviate hunger and provide emergency relief to the most vulnerable South African communities during the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic that has gripped the country and the world at large.

In response to the pandemic, Nedbank has pledged a R12 million donation in aid of hunger relief efforts, and to help mobilise, train, and equip volunteers with the necessary information and hygiene products to drive awareness across the country, prioritising provinces with the highest infection rate.

My opinion : Shame is that all Nedbank can afford ? ,man that's pathetic , but look at the bright side ,better than nothing .

Presented by Nedbank
Nedbank pledges R12 million to help alleviate the COVID-19 pandemic
Partner14 April 2020

Nedbank has committed to helping alleviate hunger and provide emergency relief to the most vulnerable South African communities during the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic that has gripped the country and the world at large.

In response to the pandemic, Nedbank has pledged a R12 million donation in aid of hunger relief efforts, and to help mobilise, train, and equip volunteers with the necessary information and hygiene products to drive awareness across the country, prioritising provinces with the highest infection rate.

My opinion : Shame is that all Nedbank can afford ? ,man that's pathetic , but look at the bright side ,better than nothing .
Definitely pathetic.

Back