In Search of the Stinkie Conversion Device!

Yep I believe they were launched about a month back. Got it for R699, comes with 2 coils and a box of 3 replacement coils for R150.

The kiosk had Polar Mint and Cinnamon in their unit, surprisingly works really well together.

Tell me @LFC - did they fix the issue with the press fit drip tip?
Does the drip tip have an o-ring at the base of it?

Yes it does but its alot thicker and fits much better. Also very little juice build up compared with the old clearo and edge which sometimes pools in the tip.

@daniel craig
Looks like the Ion is a slightly more powerful device aimed at more performance.
It has a 900mah battery versus 650mah on Clearo2
Also has airflow control
1 ohm heads instead of 1.6 ohm.

Check out the two links here:
http://www.twisp.co.za/shop/electronic-cigarette-starter-packs/twisp-clearo-2-silver-650-mah/
http://www.twisp.co.za/shop/electronic-cigarette-starter-packs/twisp-ion-silver-900-mah/
Thanks for that info. I thought the only difference was battery size. @Rob Fisher is one better than the other here?

Yes it does but its alot thicker and fits much better. Also very little juice build up compared with the old clearo and edge which sometimes pools in the tip.

That sounds great - thanks

was indeed a problem of the old Clearo. And remember how one had to wiggle it from side to side to get the drip tip out...

Thanks for that info. I thought the only difference was battery size. @Rob Fisher is one better than the other here?

Check out Rob's second last Ramblings video.
Despite the bigger performance and the airflow control, I think the message I got was that he somehow preferred the Clearo2 to the Ion. Not sure.

Check out Rob's second last Ramblings video.
Despite the bigger performance and the airflow control, I think the message I got was that he somehow preferred the Clearo2 to the Ion. Not sure.
I've seen his review and couldn't agree more with what he had to say. Everything was spot on, it's the perfect video to show anyone planning on quitting smoking. Now that you mention it, I did see @Rob Fisher loving the clearo 2 but that may be because it's the device that got him onto vaping.

How is the clearo 2 compared to the original clearo, are the coils and flavour the same? Just wondering if it substantially different or if it is only design improvements.

It's funny and somehow a little sad that the oh-so-despised twisp remains the only real proper mtl stinky conversion device. I wonder why other manufacturers have not caught on or if they are scared to experiment with something like this?

It's funny and somehow a little sad that the oh-so-despised twisp remains the only real proper mtl stinky conversion device. I wonder why other manufacturers have not caught on or if they are scared to experiment with something like this?

Baffles me big time @The_Ice
One would think that a high mg juice good quality easy to use mouth to lunger is the answer for the masses trying to quit smoking.
And not many move on to Goons and mechs. Many vapers stay on those devices because its enough for them.

My alternative for my mom which has worked for about 1.5 years is the Nautilus Mini on an iStick50. But not many other simple alternatives. Crazy. Recently got the Nautilus X and its also good. But very surprising there arent many more options.

Wondered that also. Manufacturers are trying new things for MTL like the MyJet JUUL and the eleaf iCare and other devices like the AIO and subvod. Devices like twisp have been launched before like the Evod, Ego and Just fog and many others like it. I'm not sure why manufacturers don't work on improving those devices rather than launch something a whole lot different.

Baffles me big time @The_Ice
One would think that a high mg juice good quality easy to use mouth to lunger is the answer for the masses trying to quit smoking.
And not many move on to Goons and mechs. Many vapers stay on those devices because its enough for them.

My alternative for my mom which has worked for about 1.5 years is the Nautilus Mini on an iStick50. But not many other simple alternatives. Crazy. Recently got the Nautilus X and its also good. But very surprising there arent many more options.
Maybe it's indicative of a nice gap in the market. Anyone up for starting a company? Well make the one for the masses, mass produce in China and sell them cheap.

Wow didn't know people still use Twisp

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Am using one right now @Mando

Well not really exclusively but I am trying to test out the merits of the Clearo 2

The Clearo 1 got me off stinkies in Oct13 so I just had to get the new version. Nostalgia perhaps.

But so far it's quite good and I am enjoying the trip down memory lane

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1482077573.518033.jpg

Am using one right now @Mando

Well not really exclusively but I am trying to test out the merits of the Clearo 2

The Clearo 1 got me off stinkies in Oct13 so I just had to get the new version. Nostalgia perhaps.

But so far it's quite good and I am enjoying the trip down memory lane

View attachment 78934
Wow @Silver. I must admit they do have a certain class about them, maybe minus the obscene cloud production of the mainstream mods lol. Certainly nice to have when attending a function

Wow @Silver. I must admit they do have a certain class about them, maybe minus the obscene cloud production of the mainstream mods lol. Certainly nice to have when attending a function

Indeed. It is a classy looking device and being pen-shaped it does make it quite easy to fit into bags etc - also doesn't look too conspicuous in the company of non-vapers

My current stealth out and about device (for business meetings and functions) is a humble little Evod1 on an iStick20. Its small, packs a decent MTL vape with the right juice and doesn't leak.

Am curious to see how the Clearo 2 performs against this "benchmark" of mine...

Indeed. It is a classy looking device and being pen-shaped it does make it quite easy to fit into bags etc - also doesn't look too conspicuous in the company of non-vapers

My current stealth out and about device (for business meetings and functions) is a humble little Evod1 on an iStick20. Its small, packs a decent MTL vape with the right juice and doesn't leak.

Am curious to see how the Clearo 2 performs against this "benchmark" of mine...
@Silver. Indeed. I am hoping the RX 75 and Ammit combo will suffice as a stealth mod because carrying around the Invader 3 is starting to become a little bit of a hassle lol

@Silver. Indeed. I am hoping the RX 75 and Ammit combo will suffice as a stealth mod because carrying around the Invader 3 is starting to become a little bit of a hassle lol

If you get that, please report back and let us know!

Back