In Search of the Stinkie Conversion Device!

@Silver . Is the clearo 2 top or bottom coil. That was always an issue for me with the early pen vapes

They changed it to a bottom coil @Marius Combrink
So no more tilting to wet the wicks !

I am just going to have to pull out my Clearo1 to check the flavour comparison.

I suspect the flavour on the Clearo2 (being a bottom coil) could be slightly less than the flavour on the Clearo1 - owing to the distance from the action to the mouthpiece.

Nice one @Silver

What juice have you tried so far?

@LFC, its my old favourite mix of Twisp Rebel and Twisp Polar Mint ;-)
I had to get those juices again from them because they were just the best for me when I started with Twisp.

Will try a few other juices in it over the coming days - perhaps with a separate coil

This begs the question if we never had marketing and this and that and the next big thing, won't the Twisp be the best thing? Yes you have flavour chasers and RTAs and RDAs and squonkers and whatnot but at the end of the day if the Twisp was the only thing on the market we'd all be lining up to buy it. We are a consumer community and that's what all the vape companies are bargaining on. Not to make this a political thing but the vape industry is very much like the tobacco industry some years ago.....

I had to get those juices again from them because they were just the best for me when I started with Twisp.

Will try a few other juices in it over the coming days - perhaps with a separate coil

Nice combo the rebel/polar mint, brings back alot of memories.

The cinnamon/polar mint 18mg combo gives an excellent throat and surprisingly good flavour.

To me, the twisp products have a place, but right within a day or two, i felt it was lacking, and i was a repeat twisp customer, i still have the originals, the second release, then the first clearo's etc.

They all eventually, and in less than a week, were unsatisfying to me, and i just said, you idiot! you are a IT consultant. USE FREAKIN GOOGLE...

i did, and i came across eciggssa, and the rest as they say, is history, i got myself three ego aio, and some spit besides, they helped me, and i move from there to mods.

My opinion on the pen devices is that for a lot of the ladies, its a more acceptable form factor, it looks inconspicuous, is similar to a ciggarette, and at the end of the day, seeing a housewife vape on a smok or realeaux or similar, just isnt in their DNA... i dont know why, but women just dont like the weight, size, complexity etc it seems.

Based on my wife, she likes the twisp with extended battery, long and thin, and has now taken over my ego vapes.

I know with some slight persuasion, she will soon join me in the dark side, with my more advanced mods...

Still love my ego one ct. Pity the CLR coils have become like hens teeth.

Disappointed by Twisp Coils

Greetings,
Glad that this thread was made.
I am also a big fan of Twisp devices and flavours, as well as the accessibility they offer.
I've tried, but have never managed to ride the wave of the big DTL mods as well as any other "MTL" device. I've tried Nautilus, X, Cubis, REO - all of which cannot reproduce the satisfaction that Clearo's initially gave me.

However, my greatest gripe with Twisp is their coils.
I have used every Twisp device since Neo (bar Solo) and have found that there is no device that delivers on a consistent basis.

Initially when the first Clearo was introduced, coils would last for a week.
After a while, I noticed that there was a new variety of coils which lasted a maximum of two days. After a while of burning through cash to keep up an expensive habit, I opted for a nautilus clone with original BVC coils which kept me satisfied, but never produced the same flavour that Clearo could.

Bring on my excitement for the newly launched Clearo 2 which I purchased along with an Ion. Could there finally be a way to once again enjoy my Twisp experience ?
After a few weeks in since Black Friday, I have found myself going back to my trusty Nautilus. Why ?
Because after just a day, the Twisp coils stop cutting it and subsequently start to taste burnt.
Disappointed.
I have tried both thicker VG juices as well as their thinner juices (bearing in mind, Twisp makes no reference to Glycerol ratios throughout the entire experience). I am only using Twisp juices. Pre-soaking. Waiting 20 minutes to soak new coils. Never firing on an empty tank.
Surely I am not the only person experiencing this ?

And just to set the record straight, I've tasted raw juice from my Clearo 2, so I believe that nothing is truly infallible.

Hi @Beechtrees
I am on about day 4 and my second tankful in the Clearo2
So far so good. Not getting any burnt taste as you say (after a day)

Am using the thinner 18mg Twisp juices (Rebel and Polar Mint) on the Clearo 2 with the supplied 1.6 ohm coil.

It's still early days in my testing so lets see when and if the burnt taste arrives...

50d9e4433c563876b362fca195a6acf1.jpg

My journey through vaping, from twisp on the right, thru to mega many mods

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk

Disappointed by Twisp Coils

Greetings,
Glad that this thread was made.
I am also a big fan of Twisp devices and flavours, as well as the accessibility they offer.
I've tried, but have never managed to ride the wave of the big DTL mods as well as any other "MTL" device. I've tried Nautilus, X, Cubis, REO - all of which cannot reproduce the satisfaction that Clearo's initially gave me.

However, my greatest gripe with Twisp is their coils.
I have used every Twisp device since Neo (bar Solo) and have found that there is no device that delivers on a consistent basis.

Initially when the first Clearo was introduced, coils would last for a week.
After a while, I noticed that there was a new variety of coils which lasted a maximum of two days. After a while of burning through cash to keep up an expensive habit, I opted for a nautilus clone with original BVC coils which kept me satisfied, but never produced the same flavour that Clearo could.

Bring on my excitement for the newly launched Clearo 2 which I purchased along with an Ion. Could there finally be a way to once again enjoy my Twisp experience ?
After a few weeks in since Black Friday, I have found myself going back to my trusty Nautilus. Why ?
Because after just a day, the Twisp coils stop cutting it and subsequently start to taste burnt.
Disappointed.
I have tried both thicker VG juices as well as their thinner juices (bearing in mind, Twisp makes no reference to Glycerol ratios throughout the entire experience). I am only using Twisp juices. Pre-soaking. Waiting 20 minutes to soak new coils. Never firing on an empty tank.
Surely I am not the only person experiencing this ?

And just to set the record straight, I've tasted raw juice from my Clearo 2, so I believe that nothing is truly infallible.
I agree with your gripe with the coils. It was arguably the main reason I left Twisp for RBAs etc.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

YES! Rebel was my go to as well found it strong by itself and not to fond of mint so used to mix with the Peach flavor from them went nicely together.

@Mando OMG, I like everything I have read about this tank. I love the screws on the Ammit. I would buy it just for the screws -- a big jump from the crappy weak usual grub screws we get.

Also, I am moving back to single coil builds. I find the challenge to get an equivalent vape on a single coils as opposed to a double coil quite cool.

Adding my 2c.

Recently tried out the Smok Pen 22, while not necessarily a MTL, my sis-in-law, mother and grandmother (all smokers) have found it to be a tighter draw and more satisfying vape than the pico with both a melo III and a Serpent22. The Flavour is great on it, easy to fill and has a good enough battery. Though you can't change the tank, the tank it has, in my own opinion, is great.

My sis-in-law has now taken over my smok pen and my mother and grandmother have one too. They will be attempting to make the change with those devices.

On top of that as a 6mg vaper, I find that at 6mg I'm putting the Pen down after 10-15 minutes because it satisfied my craving in that time.

Plus the price of it and it's size, is really not bad at all.
20161214_194722.jpg

Back