increasing flavour intensity

Morph699

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey guys and gals,

I have a question regarding increasing the flavour intensity.. if possible could you advise in ml's as I find it too complicated when working with anything else eg percentages. The sizes I work with are 100ml's, 500ml's and 1Lt.

Im did try using flavours from TFA but most of them are so mild its annoying actually how mild they can be. currently my favorites are INW and FA as well as FW as well vapeowave as a lot of their flavours I cannot replicate anywhere else.

Usually I test a flavour in a 50ml bottle and if its nice then I mix into a 100ml or bigger bottles afterwards - I usually only mix for my friends.
I think the issue is that when I test a flavour i would put the most in say 5ml for a 50ml but then when mixing into a larger bottle i use the same but not multiplied by the size but this is where im wanting your advise.... how much would you use if mixing in a 500ml bottle to get the same intensity once poured into a 100ml after steeping?

One last: would using the coilmaster ultra sonic cleaner speed up steeping times?

looking forward to your advise.

Hey @Morph699 , Just to clarify...

So you're using 5mls when mixing a 50ml bottle, and you want to know how many mls to use in a 100ml and 500ml bottle?

No need for a calculator i guess, For every 50ml you go up add another 5ml flavouring. so for 100ml you add 10ml and for 500ml it would be 50ml flavouring.

5ml in 50ml = 10% concentrate
5ml in 100ml = 5% concentrate

If you double your total volume you should double your concentrate

Please be careful if you are working with nicotine.

Hi @Morph699

@Tockit and @Scissorhands have explained it well. Its simple really, if you are making double the volume of juice, you use double the concentrate. Or if you making ten times the juice, you use ten times the concentrate.

However, I don't fully ijderstand what you mean by the following sentence in your original post

how much would you use if mixing in a 500ml bottle to get the same intensity once poured into a 100ml after steeping

If you mix in a 500ml bottle, are you saying you are making 500ml of juice?
I dont understand what you mean here.
If you are mixing 500ml then you should use ten times the concentrate you use for a 50ml juice.

Hi @Morph699

@Tockit and @Scissorhands have explained it well. Its simple really, if you are making double the volume of juice, you use double the concentrate. Or if you making ten times the juice, you use ten times the concentrate.

However, I don't fully ijderstand what you mean by the following sentence in your original post

If you mix in a 500ml bottle, are you saying you are making 500ml of juice?
I dont understand what you mean here.
If you are mixing 500ml then you should use ten times the concentrate you use for a 50ml juice.
My guess is he's under the impression that if he mixes 500ml in a beaker and then decants out a 100ml. Somehow not all the flavour would go with that 100ml. So the 400ml would taste better, as if the flavour sits at the bottom of the 500ml beaker. Lol

Sent from my E2333 using Tapatalk

wow.. um no. I mix and steep in a 500ml bottle as its easier as I usually have about 15L of flavour steeping. so instead of 150 100ml bottles I only have about 15 500ml's and a couple 1L bottles.

Back