Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
My normal coils are Nano Aliens but on my last order @smilelykumeenit sent me Vertebraid and Interlock Alien coils to try. The Vertebraid I have already tested with outstanding results and now it's the Interlock Alien's turn. The coil came out at 0.38Ω which is my happy place these days... however, I felt I had to reduce the wattage down to 26 watts... but yet another good option for my Dvarw DL's. Flavour right on point. I guess all these high-quality exotic coils with quality wire all do a fantastic job. And the added bonus is they look awesome and the colour changes when dry firing just is the cherry on the top! At the end of the day, the coil is such a critical part of the whole device it suffices to say that this is the one part you should not skrimp on and paying for decent coils is really important!
Interlock Alien 001.jpg Interlock Alien 002.jpg Interlock Alien 003.jpg Interlock Alien 004.jpg Interlock Alien 005.jpg Interlock Alien 006.jpg Interlock Alien 007.jpg Interlock Alien 008.jpg Interlock Alien 009.jpg Interlock Alien 010.jpg

Great to see @Rob Fisher !

All these exotic coils do boggle my mind a bit, so I tend to shy away from them
The part that I dont understand is how they are supposed to differ and what type of vape each one is most suited to. I suppose its a lot of trial and error.

But am glad the interlock alien is working well for you in the Dvarw! Happy days

The part that I dont understand is how they are supposed to differ and what type of vape each one is most suited to. I suppose its a lot of trial and error.

But am glad the interlock alien is working well for you in the Dvarw! Happy days

100% Hi Ho @Silver, getting to know which coil serves what purpose is a bit of a boggler for me... luckily being a fruity methol vaper only makes it easier for me to find my happy place... I've gotten to the stage where I have found my utopia with Mods, Tanks, Wick and juice and coils are now adding another dimension for me to play with.

Spot on @Rob Fisher

The nice thing about knowing your juice and setup so well is that when you pop in a new coil you can probably tell immediately if its worth keeping in there or if you have to try something else.

Problem is when one changes too many variables (juice, atty etc) then it all goes haywire. Lol

Oh my word @Rob Fisher
Some serious coilage going on there!
Lots of different types
Looks great

@Rob Fisher , how often do you change coils ?

@ddk1979 I used to change coils every 2-3 months but I find myself changing once a month or once every two months... I find myself doing whatever it takes to get the best flavour and changing a coil and a wick gives me an outstanding flavour and I also change sometimes just to try something different.

The short answer is complexity... The same juice can taste very different on a simple wire coil vs a fancy wire coil... There's no right answer for which coil works best for which... Just depends on what brings forth the ingredient that excites you most

I like to look at it like a great audio system, in that your core wire (subwoofers) will bring out the base notes, while the outer wrap (midrange speakers) will bring out the subtle notes, outer wrap type like alien wraps aid the wicking properties of a coil which I like to compare to a fine set of tweeters which simply just tie everything together perfectly, the low and the high notes blend through this and make the transition less "bumpy".

Last edited:
I like to look at it like a great audio system, in that your core wire (subwoofers) will bring out the base notes, while the outer wrap (midrange speakers) will bring out the subtle notes, outer wrap type like alien wraps aid the wicking properties of a coil which I like to compare to a fine set of tweeters which simply just tie everything together perfectly, the low and the high notes blend through this and make the transition less "bumpy".

Love that explanation @Moey_Ismail !

Back