Intro to Vaping + The Subox Mini

...and on and on we go :)

Rebuilding and the RBA Base

This section is intended for "later use" when you reach the level where you want to start experimenting with making your own coils. However, the RBA base already comes with a coil (0.5 Ohm) installed it only needs to be wicked. So here I will show this just for interest sake and for those who are upgrading to this for this purpose specifically.

Thank you so much for this tutorial free3dom, I just wicked my own RBA for the first time(thanks to you I now not only know exactly what that means but how to do it as well) and the taste difference is insane. This was an extremely helpful tutorial

Confession time... after 4 years of going back to the "other side" I decided to give vaping a chance again.
My last device was the SuBox Mini, it was great in the beginning, and then it all just went south with a leaking tank and burned coils... this made me buy the first pack of 20's again and.. yeah well.. the rest is history.

My colleagues at work have suggested I give the Vaporesso Veco Solo Plus Kit since it is an All In One unit, "revolutionary leak-free tank" and produce proper flavor and puffs. Not to mention the price point that is very reasonable.

https://www.vaperscorner.co.za/product/veco-solo-plus-kit/

What do you guys suggest?

Confession time... after 4 years of going back to the "other side" I decided to give vaping a chance again.
My last device was the SuBox Mini, it was great in the beginning, and then it all just went south with a leaking tank and burned coils... this made me buy the first pack of 20's again and.. yeah well.. the rest is history.

My colleagues at work have suggested I give the Vaporesso Veco Solo Plus Kit since it is an All In One unit, "revolutionary leak-free tank" and produce proper flavor and puffs. Not to mention the price point that is very reasonable.

I think things have gone a long way in the last 4 years. So while I don't know much about the Veco it probably would work just fine. Chances are that it will work well enough to make you want to upgrade in a few weeks!

Hi Brommer!

Have you considered investigating more about RDAs and RTAs?

I think things have gone a long way in the last 4 years. So while I don't know much about the Veco it probably would work just fine. Chances are that it will work well enough to make you want to upgrade in a few weeks!

Thanks Stosta, yup I agree on both points. But I would rather upgrade in a few weeks from a positive experience, than going all out now and be dissapointed, if that makes sense.

Hi Brommer!

Have you considered investigating more about RDAs and RTAs?

I have to confess, my knowledge on RDAs and RTAs is very limited. From what I've seen there is a moderate amount of maintenance involved, and knowing myself, I could then just decide it is too much of a schlep. My colleagues actually advised to start with the VECO now, and then upgrade to something bigger, but keep the VECO as backup.

I have to confess, my knowledge on RDAs and RTAs is very limited. From what I've seen there is a moderate amount of maintenance involved, and knowing myself, I could then just decide it is too much of a schlep. My colleagues actually advised to start with the VECO now, and then upgrade to something bigger, but keep the VECO as backup.
I think that's fair advice! I started off with a Subox actually, and still keep it as a back-up device, having one is essential.

Agreed, one definitely needs a backup device!

Veco is a great tank. Totally leak free. I use one on my e-pipe with the EUC ceramic 0.5 ohm coil head. Those coil units last very well. Consider getting 2 at the price. Second one as backup, for when the other one's battery needs charging and for a different flavour to ease your journey.

Thanks Andre much appreciated!
Now to decide what juice to get :CHUKKLING:

And a backup for the backup ...

Had a Subox. Loved it but recently donated it to my sister to try and tempt her of the stinkies. Thinking of replacing it. It is just such a reliable, easy, compact little device.

My first regulated device was a Topbox which is almost the same as subbox. Mod Still works, tank works doesn't leak but dont feel like using the tank.

Thanks Andre much appreciated!
Now to decide what juice to get :CHUKKLING:
You can take a look at the Elqiuid sub-forum and view the Vape Con nominees and winning liquids to get a rough idea of what everyone else thinks is good juices.

If international liquids are what you prefer, you can check out www.DripSociety.co.za these guys offer international liquids at low prices and shipping is free on order above R550 or cheap for orders below R550.

Thanks for all the advice! I am going for my second day on the Veco Solo Plus and loving it! Great flavour, no leakage, decent battery life for me, just working.

I went with Pecan Nut Cream Pie, Killer Custard and Killz Berry (?) All good so far!

Thanks to Vaper's Corner Equestria for the service!

Thanks a mil!

Thanks for all the advice! I am going for my second day on the Veco Solo Plus and loving it! Great flavour, no leakage, decent battery life for me, just working.

I went with Pecan Nut Cream Pie, Killer Custard and Killz Berry (?) All good so far!

Thanks a mil!
Awesome to hear @Brommer !

Thanks a mil!

Nice!!! Glad everything is going well for you. :)

Thanks a mil!
Awesome stuff! All the best with the resumed journey.

If international liquids are what you prefer, you can check out www.DripSociety.co.za these guys offer international liquids at low prices and shipping is free on order above R550 or cheap for orders below R550.

I just had a (longer than anticipated) look at this site... choices choices... Thanks Daniel, there goes my budget! :-D

The Cube MTL Kit is also a very neat and simple startup kit. no holes in the bottom as its top airflow. Surprising flavor for that design and it is an RTA.

Just remember it is a Mouth To Lung kit so don't expect a hurricane worth of airflow.

7253d7434588315b05cd8a0b718fee83.jpg

Back