Intro to Vaping + The Subox Mini

Thanks Clouder. It still feels like the vape is very warm/hot compared to the Twisp Aero or am I making a mistake in comparing?
It will be warmer, your 18650 battery will produce higher current, and your low resistance coil will draw more current.

Thank you all. I now have the vent full open and drawing direct to lungs. The vape still feels warm but getting used to it.

Once you get an upgraded rba tank you'll find you have way more airflow and you'll be able to take bigger hits with the ability to cool your vape using the adjustable airflows.

Once you get an upgraded rba tank you'll find you have way more airflow and you'll be able to take bigger hits with the ability to cool your vape using the adjustable airflows.
Awesome thanks.
My first aim is to get off the stinkies by using nicotene replacement. Then reducing nicotene over a period.

Hi,
so im new to this whole vaping thing trying to quite smoking. im looking to buy a complete kit. Im based in durban.

1. what exactly do i go and buy and how much would it cost and where do i buy it from.

I saw that kangertech sub box mini. then when i did some checking around got all confused comes in different sizes and different power etc.

would really appreciate it if some one could give some guidancee and what is hould go and buy size power and so forth.

thanks

Just read some of my older posts on this thread and I am actually surprised with how uncomfortable the warmer vape was for me.
I am so used to it now that I almost can't remember that it bothered me in the beginning.

thanks for the quick reply. any idea how long the battary lasts on these. say on average usage.

My 18650 battery lasts me a day in the Kbox mini. My dual battery Kbox 120 lasts 2 days. So for me a battery a day.
It's a very good idea to always have a charged spare battery, spare coil and extra juice on hand everywhere you go. I ran out once or twice and then smoked a cig. So stupid. It can easily be avoided by having a backup.

ive reading so much at this point im getting more confused i think but will check it out again thanks

Depending on your budget, and if you plan on starting to build your own coils, the RBA in the Kangertech is a great added bonus.

whats the difference between the kangertech sub box mini, dripbox and top box. After doing some research I think I've decided to get one of these i leaf Pico (beginners one) kangertech sub box mini Dripbox or top box. This is where I need the pros help which is the best device to get. I was told at one of the vape stores that the ileaf Pico is the newest one.

whats the difference between the kangertech sub box mini, dripbox and top box. After doing some research I think I've decided to get one of these i leaf Pico (beginners one) kangertech sub box mini Dripbox or top box. This is where I need the pros help which is the best device to get. I was told at one of the vape stores that the ileaf Pico is the newest one.

Subox Mini is the older version tank. Bottom fill
Tobox Mini is the newer version with top fill

I have both and no issue with either. Top fill is nice to have.

Dripbox is a bottom squanker if I am not mistaken.

Pico is newer than the others and is an awesome device. I had one but pif'd it.(gave it to a buddy) I prefer my Topbox Mini only because of the RBA that I can rebuild. Other than that the Pico is a good choice.

Subox Mini is the older version tank. Bottom fill
Tobox Mini is the newer version with top fill

I have both and no issue with either. Top fill is nice to have.

Dripbox is a bottom squanker if I am not mistaken.

Pico is newer than the others and is an awesome device. I had one but pif'd it.(gave it to a buddy) I prefer my Topbox Mini only because of the RBA that I can rebuild. Other than that the Pico is a good choice.
thanks for the info think ill go for the istick pico.

appreciate all the help and info from everyone.

just got the topbox mini for about a week now, everything is going good
will experiment with coils once the migration from analogue to digital is complete :-D

just got the topbox mini for about a week now, everything is going good
will experiment with coils once the migration from analogue to digital is complete :-D
Great stuff. All the best.

Anyone having any issues with a leaky subox tank? Been leaking with both OCC and RBA... Any quick fixes?
Would a Protank 4 be any better?

@Moolz a subtank does leak when it is improperly wicked or when the wick become weak, over saturated and burnt. Just rewick it, should be fixed. Eversince I have used my RBA Deck, my Subtank has NEVER leaked (it's been a year in October). The OCC coils seem to leak after a day or two of vaping.

@Moolz a subtank does leak when it is improperly wicked or when the wick become weak, over saturated and burnt. Just rewick it, should be fixed. Eversince I have used my RBA Deck, my Subtank has NEVER leaked. The OCC coils seem to leak after a day or two of vaping.

Weird.
I've followed the wicking process exactly. The juice seems to seep through the air holes...

Weird.
I've followed the wicking process exactly. The juice seems to seep through the air holes...
The Subtank is very forgiving but sometimes the smallest thing can make it angry. I'm going to assume that the juice you're using is at least a 50VG, if you're using high PG ratios like Hangsen or Liqua then your tank will be more likely to leak.

Have a good look at the position of the coil above the air hole, there should be a gap big enough so that the juice on the coil can't reach it and create a juice bridge. Also make sure that your wicking isn't touching the deck at all. Maybe try a bit more wicking, if you start getting dry hits then you've used too much. And of course, make sure that all your seals are intact and everything is firmly tightened.

@Moolz a subtank does leak when it is improperly wicked or when the wick become weak, over saturated and burnt. Just rewick it, should be fixed. Eversince I have used my RBA Deck, my Subtank has NEVER leaked (it's been a year in October). The OCC coils seem to leak after a day or two of vaping.

I agree. Mine does not leak unless the wicking is bad. Happens sometimes. Just rewick and all is good.

Back