Intro to Vaping + The Subox Mini

Thanks for great write up @free3dom.

New recommendations will now be the subox mini or ego one depending on the form factor for converts.

@free3dom absolutely brilliant thread going to be my new URL I hand out. Very well written and just enough detail on the different abbreviations. Reads very well and supplies enough information regarding both the device and vaping, not overwhelming.

Nicely done @free3dom

Reading your posts made me feel like i have to add a subox to my collection.

Thanks for the all kind words, I appreciate everyone taking the time to do so :)

@yuganp form factor is probably the only "con" to this device, but the device is very comfortable to hold - as I have discovered most people I hand it to tend to hang onto it and not want to give it back ;)

The white model should also appeal to some people and make it easier for them to consider this different form factor :)

And so it started....

1.5 ohm is in on 20watts and getting abit of juice in my mouth..

0c7cbbc0550fcab3a55042508711b448.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

All of this comes in at around R1000 to R1200 (with a battery) - many vendors will be bundling the device with a battery for a good deal too, so look out for these.

Thanks for a great write-up, definitely seems like something worth looking into when I upgrade. Any more info on this yet?

Thanks for a great write-up, definitely seems like something worth looking into when I upgrade. Any more info on this yet?

The stock should be starting to arrive now, so I reckon by tonight or tomorrow the vendors will start offering these - including the ones bundled with a battery ;)

Good Evening guys,

So I have been vaping the Subox for most of the day on the 1.5 ohm coil and a 6 mg liquid, this to be exact http://www.vapeking.co.za/world-wonders-great-wall-0mg-clone.html...

Is it normal for it to hit you really hard on the throat??

Like i am taking a normal mouth to lung at the med size air intake but its really scratching my throat.

I am also vaping this between 15 to 20 watts.

Am I doing something wrong?

So I can safely assume that the subox mini will be an "ever-so-slightly" better purchase than another iStick 50W and a current sub tank mini?

Good Evening guys,

So I have been vaping the Subox for most of the day on the 1.5 ohm coil and a 6 mg liquid, this to be exact http://www.vapeking.co.za/world-wonders-great-wall-0mg-clone.html...

Like i am taking a normal mouth to lung at the med size air intake but its really scratching my throat.

@Stoefnick Don't know this juice, 6mg is a low nic content, what is the pg / vg ratio? At this moment, I am on Skyblue Dulce De Leche, 12mg nic content, this is a 50 / 50 pg and vg blend, and hardly have no throat hit that you are experiencing. I am also a noob at this, just over a month of solid vaping, 18mg nic just makes me light headed, currently using my Nano and firing at 18 Watts. Even when I use my Arctic sub tank with the BTDC 0.5 ohm coil, I do not go higher than 30 watts, if I do, then I get a throat hit, also depending on the juice, Rocket Sheep very gentle on my throat but get quite a hit from Beard Vape, but that could be due to the high nic content. Hopefully the esteemed "enlightened ones" on this forum can be of more assistance to you. Good Luck, hang in there, very envious of your setup.
Regards

@Stoefnick Don't know this juice, 6mg is a low nic content, what is the pg / vg ratio? At this moment, I am on Skyblue Dulce De Leche, 12mg nic content, this is a 50 / 50 pg and vg blend, and hardly have no throat hit that you are experiencing. I am also a noob at this, just over a month of solid vaping, 18mg nic just makes me light headed, currently using my Nano and firing at 18 Watts. Even when I use my Arctic sub tank with the BTDC 0.5 ohm coil, I do not go higher than 30 watts, if I do, then I get a throat hit, also depending on the juice, Rocket Sheep very gentle on my throat but get quite a hit from Beard Vape, but that could be due to the high nic content. Hopefully the esteemed "enlightened ones" on this forum can be of more assistance to you. Good Luck, hang in there, very envious of your setup.
Regards

Thanks for the reply @DarkSide ,

I actually noticed this with both of my new flavours , the World Wonders review is linked here http://www.ecigssa.co.za/world-wonders-e-liquid-from-vape-king.t8960/ and the Gummiberry juice http://www.vapeking.co.za/vape-king-e-liquids-gummi-beary-juice-20ml.html

as soon as i take a hit of more than a second i can barely keep it in....

The WW juice is high VG i think and the Vapeking juice is 50/50.

I will try an el-cheapo 0mg juice after my tank is empty and see how it goes from there

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Good Evening guys,

It is definitely not supposed to scratch your throat - that's not a pleasant vape at all.

If this happens with multiple juices (as it appears to do for you) then perhaps the coil is not wicking properly - how is the flavour, does it taste burnt?
Another reason might be that the coil wasn't primed properly (in that case the first hit would have been quite harsh). This causes the wick to burn which results in a terrible vape until it is replaced.

What I'd recommend would be to give the 0.5 Ohm coil a try and see if that works better - if it does then your 1.5 Ohm coil is most likely not working as it should and should be replaced. I know that Vape Cartel has stock of the 1.5 Ohm coils coming in soon.

So I can safely assume that the subox mini will be an "ever-so-slightly" better purchase than another iStick 50W and a current sub tank mini?

That is a very wise assumption - and 100% on the nose. I'd even go so far as to say it's a "quite-a-bit" better purchase ;)

Thanks free3dom, well written thread, clear & very informative - you put a lot of effort & thought into this so we noobs can understand & LEARN - I learnt quite a bit your thread. Thanks man

It is definitely not supposed to scratch your throat - that's not a pleasant vape at all.

If this happens with multiple juices (as it appears to do for you) then perhaps the coil is not wicking properly - how is the flavour, does it taste burnt?
Another reason might be that the coil wasn't primed properly (in that case the first hit would have been quite harsh). This causes the wick to burn which results in a terrible vape until it is replaced.

What I'd recommend would be to give the 0.5 Ohm coil a try and see if that works better - if it does then your 1.5 Ohm coil is most likely not working as it should and should be replaced. I know that Vape Cartel has stock of the 1.5 Ohm coils coming in soon.

Hi @free3dom,

Thank you for this I sent you a pm regarding this, i don't want to hijack your epic post review .

:)

After some internal deliberation I have added a section on battery safety to the original post (at the very bottom of it). For those who have already read it, please take the time to go read that - this is very important to know about, even if you don't fully understand the technical aspects.

Vape safely :D

Back