Introduce Yourselves:

Welcome @Zenooph

Congrats on 8 months of vaping, both you and your wife - glad to hear that that such a bad experience led to such a great outcome :)

You seem to be well set with gear...and the obsession for the next big thing seems to have taken hold of you as well - the forum is a nice support group in this regard, but also part of the problem :p

Good to hear you met @Melinda and @Derick at SkyBlue - they are amazing people and we are very lucky to have them :rock:

Enjoy the forum, the vaping, the DIY, and the clean fresh air (and the new dripper) ;)

Thanks @free3dom
I'm already feeling right at home.

I'm loving the clean fresh air. When I smell someone smoking I actually can't believe I used to stink that bad

The world just smells better when vaping - well mostly, sometimes it's more of a curse to be able to smell properly again :p

Good day fellow forum members. At long last I signed up instead of just checking the forum when a problem persists or when a bargain pops up. Lol.
Im currently studying to be an accountant.
I live for paintball! Love it! Started vaping about 8 or so months ago. Started out on the better side of things as a bro was already vaping strong. Owned quite a few mods and rba's.
Currently vaping an annarchrist mod with a tobh dripper as my Reogot jacked by my girlfriend. Hopefully by wednesday we will be sorted with another Reo.
Thanks to all for keeping the forum running and all the tips/advice.

Good day fellow forum members. At long last I signed up instead of just checking the forum when a problem persists or when a bargain pops up. Lol.
Im currently studying to be an accountant.
I live for paintball! Love it! Started vaping about 8 or so months ago. Started out on the better side of things as a bro was already vaping strong. Owned quite a few mods and rba's.
Currently vaping an annarchrist mod with a tobh dripper as my Reogot jacked by my girlfriend. Hopefully by wednesday we will be sorted with another Reo.
Thanks to all for keeping the forum running and all the tips/advice.
Jack your Reo back man! Or just get her her own :D

There are a few circulating the classifieds at the moment ;)

Welcome to the forum :)

Welcome @RooiRoman

Congrats on switching (I'm assuming here) to vaping and attaining Reonaut status...it helps to have a vape-buddy ;):D
Glad to hear you're enjoying some good gear, it makes the vape all that much nicer - hope you get another Reo soon :)

Enjoy the forum :D

Hi guys I have been using a twisp from Feb 2014 and recently purchased an aspire atlantis 2.0. pretty new to higher end vapers! joined to learn about DIY juices and also to seek resources to rebuild coils and generally just to increase my knowledge on the vaping scene ;-)
Brett (Dingo) ;-)

@brett Franklin, don't feel alone on this journey, there is so much
and I must say quite fun learning, BUT be patient I tried to take it
all in and its just not going to happen overnight ;)

Hey Dingo, Welcome to the Best Forum in the world mate!!
DIY is loads of fun, I've been doing it seriously for a while now, so feel free to shoot me a Private Message, and I'll happily help you out wherever you need it.
Have fun on the forum, and don't forget to ask questions, no question is a stupid question!!!!

Hey Dingo, Welcome to the Best Forum in the world mate!!
DIY is loads of fun, I've been doing it seriously for a while now, so feel free to shoot me a Private Message, and I'll happily help you out wherever you need it.
Have fun on the forum, and don't forget to ask questions, no question is a stupid question!!!!
There is Soooo much info online but some of it goes over my head ;-) but my atlantis 2 is due to arrive in the next few days! im keen to get into mixing my own juice as I have cheap access to VG and PG but not for the liquid nicotine.... so the search continues ;-)
Dingo

Welcome @brett Franklin

Head over to SkyBlue Vaping for the highest quality (and cheapest) liquid nicotine in the country. They also sell a great selection of flavours, and have a starter kit with some goodies to get you going with mixing up a storm. And they ship nationwide :)

Start out slow, and enjoy the journey. DIY is like cooking, you can make something simple very easily or dive in deep and come up with something out of this world. It's a great extra hobby in the world of vaping ;)

Enjoy the forum :)

Hey Guys.
Cameron here. Great forum!
Smoked for 15 years, 20 a day...
Been vaping for a little over two weeks now and have not had a cig since I bought my twisp... :)

Now for some advice... there is a lot on this forum (that is way above me)
The twisp is great, but it seems inconsistent... I want a machine that tastes the same every time I drag it. Consistent clouds, consistent flavour. Consistent nicotine. I find myself puffing on this thing a lot to maintain. I have changed the coil and I clean it regularly (once a week) Something that lasts throughout the day, that I can charge over night.

Should I just wait and get used to the twisp or should I upgrade to a better unit?

Any advice will be appreciated
Thanks in advance
C

Hi and welcome to the forum @CameronN

When you reach the point that you just did, its better to upgrade to a better device.

A good percentage of vapers on this forum started using twisp (and similar type devices), so upgrading is inevitable.

A good place to start when upgrading is to decide what you willing to spend.

We can take it from there :)

*congrats on kicking the stinkies

Hi there, I am Calvin. I didn't mean to stop smoking I just wanted to see what this vaping thing was all about... its been months since my last cigarette. Vaping has me hooked, from the flavours to researching and collecting of new hardware, I enjoy it all. Not to mention the people I have met seem to be the friendliest people I have encountered in a while. Vape Club has one me over as a permanent supporter.

Current set up is a lemo v2 on a istick 30 with some good ol devils breathe in the tank.

Hi there, I am Calvin. I didn't mean to stop smoking I just wanted to see what this vaping thing was all about... its been months since my last cigarette. Vaping has me hooked, from the flavours to researching and collecting of new hardware, I enjoy it all. Not to mention the people I have met seem to be the friendliest people I have encountered in a while. Vape Club has one me over as a permanent supporter.

Current set up is a lemo v2 on a istick 30 with some good ol devils breathe in the tank.
Most welcome to the forum. Another accidental vaper, just like me. Happy vaping.

Awesome @Calvin, welcome to the madness :D

Hey Guys.
Cameron here. Great forum!
Smoked for 15 years, 20 a day...
Been vaping for a little over two weeks now and have not had a cig since I bought my twisp... :)

Now for some advice... there is a lot on this forum (that is way above me)
The twisp is great, but it seems inconsistent... I want a machine that tastes the same every time I drag it. Consistent clouds, consistent flavour. Consistent nicotine. I find myself puffing on this thing a lot to maintain. I have changed the coil and I clean it regularly (once a week) Something that lasts throughout the day, that I can charge over night.

Should I just wait and get used to the twisp or should I upgrade to a better unit?

Any advice will be appreciated
Thanks in advance
C
Go for the setup below. And get some juices from the same vendor (www.vapourmountain.co.za) at the same time.
  1. http://www.vapourmountain.co.za/shop/batteries/eleaf-istick-30w-2200mah-silver/
  2. http://www.vapourmountain.co.za/shop/atomizers-clearomizers/aspire-nautilus-mini-bvc/
  3. Some extra coils here: http://www.vapourmountain.co.za/shop/atomizers-clearomizers/aspire-nautilus-coil-bvc-upgrade/

Hey hey. I'm Charl and I've been vaping from Feb 15. Having difficulty with my hardware currently, so I'm back to Camel Lights. Need better gear, that's why I'm here...

Hey hey. I'm Charl and I've been vaping from Feb 15. Having difficulty with my hardware currently, so I'm back to Camel Lights. Need better gear, that's why I'm here...

No reply needed, I'll follow the links above. Sweeeeet!!!!!

Hi i r me and i r a vaper and like it alot lol
vaping for plus / minus 2 years on and off but going for gold these days........

lekker to be here, hope to learn alot, ja and sees like new stuffs jaaaaa

Thats me

Hi to all, and greetings from Cape Town

New to the this vaping phenomenon. really battled to get going, had so many problems with my two devices, gave up, but so sick of the cigs that I went back to my devices, have two Twisp clearo's, not really happy with these and really want to upgrade. Saw the Aero model, done so much reading on the web and was quite shocked to see the comments of many regarding vaping and what is actually available here in South Africa. Before I rush out in the morning, currently on leave recovering from major dental surgery, another reason to stay away from my "camels", any advice from the learned members would be so appreciated. I really want to vape away but so tired of the "little" amount of "smoke", just so disheartened.

Good to be here and looking forward to learning from all the members.

Regards

Hi to all, and greetings from Cape Town

New to the this vaping phenomenon. really battled to get going, had so many problems with my two devices, gave up, but so sick of the cigs that I went back to my devices, have two Twisp clearo's, not really happy with these and really want to upgrade. Saw the Aero model, done so much reading on the web and was quite shocked to see the comments of many regarding vaping and what is actually available here in South Africa. Before I rush out in the morning, currently on leave recovering from major dental surgery, another reason to stay away from my "camels", any advice from the learned members would be so appreciated. I really want to vape away but so tired of the "little" amount of "smoke", just so disheartened.

Good to be here and looking forward to learning from all the members.

Regards
Most welcome to the forum.
From your comments I would suggest something like the following for you for proper clouds. An iSTick 50W battery, which should give you enough power going forward. And awesome battery life of 4400 mAh. With that a Kanger Subtank Mini, which comes with 0.5 ohm and or 1.2 ohm coils. Maybe start with the 1.2 ohm coils. Also a rebuildable deck for the not too distant future. This setup should be flexible enough to serve you for some time.
Shout if you have any questions. Happy vaping.

Back