Introduce Yourselves:

Hi Guys, My name is Jp. Pilot in Pretoria area, was a pack a day smoker for 4 years. Started the whole vape journey about a month and a bit ago and loving it, never bought a pack since. Started with a Twisp Edge and now using a Twisp Aero. Very much enjoying the vaping. Any advice would be great. I do want another device that has a bit more of a kick and produces ALOT of vape lol. I just dont know where to find these devices. Thanks in advanced guys and girls.

Welcome to the forum @JOPO Strydom
Congrats on quitting the stinkies! Great achievement.

Regarding an upgrade, apparently you cna get the CLR rebuildable heads for the Twisp Aero (which is the Ego-One device). I have never tried them but several folk here have said great things about the vape on those.

But it sounds like you want something more.

You can get the TopBoxMini from KangerTech. Will be a great device because it has good power and you can build coils on it. Thats a good tank on there and its predecessor, the SubtankMini is very popular so many folk here will be able to advise on it.

If you want something more, you will probably need to go for a higher end tank, such as a Crius, Griffin and several others. These are more challenging to build and mostly take dual coils. Lots of vapour! But in order to power these, you would probably want to pair it with a dual battery mod. Such as a Cuboid or iStick100 or similar - or even a three battery mod like the RX200.

In order to build coils you will need suitable coil wire and wick as well as some basic tools. And an ohm meter to check the resistance of the coil you have built. Its not difficult and if you are a DIY person as you say, you will probably get lots of enjoyment out of building your own coils and seeing how the vape is on different types of coil you have built.

Perhaps the best thing is to try go to a vape retailer near you and get to see and feel these devices and get some further advice. Try before you buy is a great thing when you are starting out.

Wishing you all the best with your vaping journey!
Enjoy your stay

Hi everyone! :)

My names Mickey. I am 22. I started smoking 2 years ago to deal with the stress of doing 2 degrees simultaneously (BJourn LLB) I am currently doing my final year in TV Journalism and I have two more years until I obtain my LLB.

This year I could really feel my chest starting to take a beating as I was smoking a tobacco pipe daily. I hated the smell and my teeth started looking awful. My girlfriend was on her way from Canada to visit me and a friend lent me a Twisp so that I did not smell like an Ashtray around my girlfriend.

To my surprise, I loved vaping from day one! Oh the joy and excitement it brought me. I have given my friend his Twisp back and have just bought a Smok R80 TC with a TFV4 tank from Vape King. I still use Twisp's e-liquid because it is hard to find alternatives in Grahamstown.

I'm excited to engage with you all and bring my film and writing skills as well as my limited legal knowledge to the table. I do hope to make a film about the South African vaping community in the future, so that's exciting.

Have a lovely Sunday :)

- MickeyVapesView attachment 48709 View attachment 48709 View attachment 48709 tmp_26493-20160318_2001191650618813.jpg

Welcome Mickey ! Congrats on kicking the habit, first of all.

You shouldn't have to worry about juices. Plenty of vendors are online, and some offer free shipping, so that isn't a problem either, being off the beaten track and all. Check out the vendor forum, and again, welcome to the forum!

Welcome @MickeyVapes Very nice setup you have, no turning back now, I wish you well on your vaping journey and may the "clouds" always surround you!

Welcome to the forum @MickeyVapes
Congrats on the vaping!
Am sure you will discover a load of interesting and useful things on here that will make your vaping journey more enjoyable and fun.
Enjoy your stay and feek free to ask questions as you go along...

Hi guys! my name is naeem and i have been vaping for about 2 years now im currently using the rx200 with a zephyrus v2 tank and im loving it.. using mini claptons in dual coil thanks for having me✌

Hi guys! my name is naeem and i have been vaping for about 2 years now im currently using the rx200 with a zephyrus v2 tank and im loving it.. using mini claptons in dual coil thanks for having me✌

Welcome @Striker
Congrats on the two years of vaping. Thats a long time. Great setup you have
Enjoy your stay

I'd like to extend a warm welcome to all the new comers that I missed last week and this week.
Happy to have you here, pull up a chair, take notes and share some experiences.

We don't care whether you chase clouds or woman, so long as you off the stinkies!

Hi, name's Razien Boyes.
I started vaping in November 2015. For many years I have smoking okka pipe, however i have been looking for several replacements as i noticed my health being affected. I needed something with the same intense flavour and cloud production. A friend of mine introduced me to vaping. I immediately knew that this is what i've been looking for and bought an ijust2. Soon i was looking for something even better and bought an istick TC60w . I currently own a bellus and an Arctic coil which i managed get at great prices. The flavours available to vapers are much better than an okka pipe, however it does hit the pocket hard. Nevertheless, I haven't invested in okka pipe flavour for a while so thats a plus for switching to vaping! It is forums like Ecigssa that gives newbie vapers a warm welcome when it comes to lending a hand to those who need to know more. Happy vaping!

Welcome Razien! I think hardware will hit hard

See you around!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I'm Zak, been vaping subohm on 30W for a year, kinda feeling like I need to take a few steps up. So I was going around looking for something bigger, and I found myself here.

Lemme do the right thing and say howzit.

Been vaping since about 2012. Had smoked for too many decades but found it easy to just quit when I took up vaping. Bout 18mths ago started smoking again, life happening. Now I have to quit again so started vaping again. Had to dig out me old mod and tanks and concentrates.

Good ol mod - solid stainless steel heavy enuff to do some serious damage as a weapon - now retired in favour of istick tc100w. Kayfun and Orchid still going strong, added a Griffin.

Concentrates about 2 yrs old so had to chuck them and replace with some new stuff. My flip flops still OK.

I am rambling. Howzit.

Lemme do the right thing and say howzit.

Been vaping since about 2012. Had smoked for too many decades but found it easy to just quit when I took up vaping. Bout 18mths ago started smoking again, life happening. Now I have to quit again so started vaping again. Had to dig out me old mod and tanks and concentrates.

Good ol mod - solid stainless steel heavy enuff to do some serious damage as a weapon - now retired in favour of istick tc100w. Kayfun and Orchid still going strong, added a Griffin.

Concentrates about 2 yrs old so had to chuck them and replace with some new stuff. My flip flops still OK.

I am rambling. Howzit.

Howzit @YeOldeOke
Welcome
Loved the intro. Congrats on quitting stinkies again
Enjoy your stay here

Hi there :) I will be celebrating three months of not smoking cigarettes next week. Have been vaping for a few weeks now and quite enjoying getting into it. I am also quite interested in wrapping coils and mixing my own juices already.
How exciting a thought!!

Hi there :) I will be celebrating three months of not smoking cigarettes next week. Have been vaping for a few weeks now and quite enjoying getting into it. I am also quite interested in wrapping coils and mixing my own juices already.
How exciting a thought!!
Welcome, well done on giving up. You in the right place for getting info on coil building and DIY juices. Enjoy the stay !!

Hi guys, pretty new to the vaping. Started on the 2nd of February. I'm from Port Elizabeth so even wanting to mix my own juice come with a shipping cost . Happy to be part of the community still and excited to get to know more people from the vape community

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys, pretty new to the vaping. Started on the 2nd of February. I'm from Port Elizabeth so even wanting to mix my own juice come with a shipping cost . Happy to be part of the community still and excited to get to know more people from the vape community

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome @[REV]
Congrats on the vaping. Dont worry about shipping. Most of us here know the courier man by first name ;-)
Enjoy your stay and feel free to ask questions as you go a long.

Hi guys
Im looking to get into vaping and decrease my hookah/hubbly usage. Cant decide between getting a Rx200 or a Cuboid as my first mod. Cant even decide on a tank. So overwhelmed by the choices. Feel free to hand out advice.

Welcome @Moosa86
Thanks for the intro

Quite some powerful gear you are considering as a starter device!

The Rx200 is super but it's not pocket friendly and is a bit heavy.

If you want clouds you will probably have to go for a good rebuildable tank or dripper.

All the best and let us know what you decide

Back