Introduce Yourselves:

Hello all. Shaheed here. Off the 40 a day camel plain since nov 2015. Bumpy ride so far. Been a lot easier if found forum earlier. Looking forward to learning from forum
Hi Shaheed. Welcome to the forum. Stay strong big guy and well done on kicking the Camels so far.
Keep it up!! Feel free to ask advice. Good luck on your journey and MANY hours of happy vaping!!

Hi everyone, have been a long-time reader of the forum but finally decided to sign up. Been vaping for about two and half years now, and find I'm getting more and more obsessed with it every passing day.
If it weren't for having to go to work, I'd spend all my time watching vape reviewers, reading vape forums, trawling vapeshop websites and vaping. I just started to read through the Reoville section, which seems ominous for my bank balance.
Glad to join and hope to learn more from everyone who's on this same journey.

Hi everyone, have been a long-time reader of the forum but finally decided to sign up. Been vaping for about two and half years now, and find I'm getting more and more obsessed with it every passing day.
If it weren't for having to go to work, I'd spend all my time watching vape reviewers, reading vape forums, trawling vapeshop websites and vaping. I just started to read through the Reoville section, which seems ominous for my bank balance.

Welcome aboard @Crockett! Glad you finally decided to dive in! :banana:

Welcome to the forum @Crockett
Thanks for the intro
Looking forward to hearing more about your journey
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions as you go along

Hi All, herb1 here.
Started vaping a while back, now want to get back onto the scene but the game's gotten bigger - wow!
Really want to start so I can kick the ciggies, so I need recommendations for a vape kit that gimme the same 'hit' as the ciggie would, then I think my cravings will be satisfied.

any recommendations?

Hi All, herb1 here.
Started vaping a while back, now want to get back onto the scene but the game's gotten bigger - wow!
Really want to start so I can kick the ciggies, so I need recommendations for a vape kit that gimme the same 'hit' as the ciggie would, then I think my cravings will be satisfied.

any recommendations?
Hi @herb1 ! I believe the scene has grown massively over the past couple of years, welcome back to the wonderful world of vaping!

As to where to start it is difficult for me to say. I started with an EVOD Mega kit which got me off the stinkies. It had a tight draw, and essentially gave me everything I needed (I bought two so I had a backup). In saying that, the second I tried the Subox Mini (about 2 weeks after I got the EVOD), I never touch the EVOD again, it was that amazing.

So basically I'm saying that I can recommend the EVOD to emulate the smoking and get you off the habit, but I would actually recommend not wasting your money and going straight onto either the Topbox Kit, or a subtank+Evic mini combo!

Welcome @herb1
Good luck on your vaping journey.
If you want something that resembles a cig (pen style) and is mouth to lung. I would either go for the ego aio or the subvod.
If you want a nice setup for the long run.
Then go for the kangerteck top box kit or the evic vtc mini with cubis tank.
If you unsure of anything please shout out.
We are all a nice close family on ecigssa and someone is always willing to help.
Vape on...

@herb1 ! @Clouds4Days has a great point, if you get the Subvod or the Aio, you would probably not sell it as it is still a great backup / carry-around device no matter where you end up on your vaping journey!

Thanks guys, want to invest money into a serious kit so that, that will further discourage me from going back to ciggies...kind of 'dont-waste-your-money-now' conscience.
Will look into your suggestions

Welcome aboard. To complete your registration please PM me your bank details and pin code.
Nah. Hope you have fun here

Not bad. But go ahead and get a RX200, a griffin-rta, 6 batteries and a 4bay charger. Don't think you'll look for anything else for awhile.
How 'upgradable' will the vtc mini setup be to what you propose?

My browser isn't opening pages for some reason. What are they wanting for the kit? You would have to get a battery as well that usually go for R180 - R220.
R1300, if recall

R1300, if recall
Hi @herb1

Welcome to the forum! The Evic VTC Mini is an absolutely superb mod and (according to the impressions of very knowledgeable people on this forum) the Cubis is a great tank as well. Any of the two 18650 batteries currently available at Vape Club would work perfectly (the 25R is a bit better than the 30Q if you want to do very low resistance, high power vaping. The 30Q offers you slightly longer battery life between charges):

http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collections/batteries-and-chargers/products/sumsung-2500-mah-inr18650-25r
http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collections/batteries-and-chargers/products/samsung-3000-mah-inr18650-30q

Another option to have a look at would be the IStick Pico 75W TC kit. It seems to be some of the best value for money for a serious kit available right now. The functionality of the mod would be very similar to the VTC Mini (as Joyetech and Eleaf are basically subsidiaries of the same company and they share technology). The tank has been getting great reviews as well. It seems that the Cubis tank would be a bit better for mouth to lung vaping (a tighter draw first into the mouth and from there into the lungs - more similar to a cigarette), whilst the Melo 3 tank that comes with the IStick kit looks to be more suitable for direct to lung vaping (an airier draw straight into the lungs - more similar to a hubbly / hookah {or breathing for that matter}), but you would probably be able to do both styles with both (Cubis with airflow wide open on lower resistance coils for direct to lung and Melo 3 with higher resistance coils and airflow closed down quite a bit for mouth to lung):

http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collections/featured-products/products/istick-pico-75w-tc

If you want the same "hit" that a ciggie gives / gave you, it's probably best to start in a more mouth to lung direction first, with 12 mg nicotine e -liquids (it's very important to find the best juices for you). Vape Club has a very wide selection of good juices, many of which are available in 12 mg strength.
All the best!

I see Vape club have VTC Mini Kit (with Cubis Atomiser) for R1050
They don't specify battery

http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collectio...roducts/evic-vtc-mini-kit-incl-cubis-atomiser
Yeah these kits are usually sold without batteries, you can find them from the same vendor here...

http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collections/batteries-and-chargers/products/sumsung-2500-mah-inr18650-25r

I have dealt with Vape Club myself and they are a great vendor. I once got a faulty unit and they replaced (and organised / shipped etc.) it before my first tear could hit the floor. Your first option is not present on the forums, and have a tendency to be over-priced.

Send them an email, or start a private conversation with @JakesSA (he won't be allowed to talk about stock on this thread), and I'm sure he will give you all the help you need!

Thx guys, I spoke to a buddy of mine now (that's in the vaping scene), he recommended a VTC mini with a Subtank Nano.
He said that this will satisfy my cravings better as the cubis is subohm and doesn't blend well with high nicotine?
BS or not?

He recommended started off with high nic and gradually reducing...thoughts?
My current ciggies are 1.2mg nic

Thx guys, I spoke to a buddy of mine now (that's in the vaping scene), he recommended a VTC mini with a Subtank Nano.
He said that this will satisfy my cravings better as the cubis is subohm and doesn't blend well with high nicotine?
BS or not?

Your friend is in the know! That is the most recommended mod/tank combo, and he is spot on with regards to the nic!

BS or not?

The Cubis has different resistance coils to satisfy both mouth to lung and direct to lung. They are 0.5 ohm, 1.0 ohm and 1.5 ohm (claptons). I would recommend starting with the 1.5 ohm coil heads. It also has a RBA (rebuildable part whereon you could build your own coils), but not very good imo. The Subtank Nano can only take commercial coil heads. Imo the Cubis is a much easier system. If you do want to build your own coils and do your own wicking in future, I would not recommend the Cubis or the Nano, but rather the Toptank Mini.

BS or not?

Howsit herb

Welcome to the club and may you have many a cloud filled day.

The combo your friend mentioned is good and will work well with getting you off stinkies. Personally I would go with the RX a few batteries and the Gemini, griffin or crius tank if you are okay with building your own coils. just my 2 cents

Howsit herb

Welcome to the club and may you have many a cloud filled day.

The combo your friend mentioned is good and will work well with getting you off stinkies. Personally I would go with the RX a few batteries and the Gemini, griffin or crius tank if you are okay with building your own coils. just my 2 cents

I think i'll start at the bottom like Drake LOL...and work work work work work my way up

Hi and welcome Crocket (almost typed pressed post with buddy still in here. saw at the last possible second that you are of the fairer sex)

I know exactly what you mean as I find myself trawling those vape shops and sites most of the day and my phone is currently filled with reviews of vape hardware.

im too scared to even attempt to browse the reo section due to temptation lol..anyway glad to have you one board Miss C

Back