Introduce Yourselves:

Marcel here. Been vaping for 9 years. First on the twispy things then over to the more serious mods in my techie days in the electronics trade. Some were custom built and others bought. Last stinky was in 07. Also a biker and transporter of leisure equipment country wide. Mostly on the road these days and enjoying my vapes.
@Marcel Keller 9 years!! You should be welcoming most of us to vapeing! Good show!

Hi There, My name Is Hugo, I have been vaping for almost two years now and loving it. I got into it through a family member who stopped smoking. I am glad i made the switch, best decision yet. I joined this community to get into contact with like minded people and hopefully grow and protect the industry.
Thank you for this platform, and I hope to get more involved over the next couple of weeks, but working away in the UK(couple of months a year) is not great as the TPD has changed things dramatically. I hope SA will be different and not go down a similar route as it will ruin all the hard work a dedication mixologists/mixers/juice Guru's have put into the industry. that asided, thank you for all the hard work, it makes vaping worth while.
Lucky i have quite a few bottles of amazing SA liquid, it should see me through till i return(I hope)..
welcome @hugo Testa @Dreadside @Reef @Danelle Prinsloo @Lycan101 and to all new forum members,glad to see our ranks growing!

hello all, i am Reef just joined the forum:)
been vaping since 14 march 2017 when i got an ijust S for my birthday(4 months now).
currently vaping on a kbox160 with serpent RDTA and a full rainbow stick V8 + druga.
heavily into the DIY making my own juice.

off cigarettes atm, hopefuly for good. Looking forward to gaining knowledge from all here.

Welcome to the forum @Reef
Congrats on the vaping and kicking the stinkies!
Enjoy the forum and the DIY mixing

Hello Forum!
I'm Nico and been vaping for a few weeks now, started vaping to help me quit smoking! Have not smoked a cig in two week.
Hope to learn from the Members.

Welcome @Dreadside
Congrats on quitting the stinkies for two weeks! Great achievement!
Wishing you all the best for your vaping journey from here. Feel free to ask questions as you go along.

Hi guys. My name is Nick, I am a avid vaper, I enjoy playing pool and going out with mates and wearing dirty jeans that are too short for my legs
Hi Nick and welcome to the forum!

Your comment about your jeans reminds me of something my dad used to say back in the day when 3/4 shorts were the thing to wear...

"Are those long shorts or short longs?"

How long have you been vaping for? What setup are you using?

Hi guys I am Amore, Been vaping since last year July never was a smoker so doing 0mg. I just enjoy the different flavors and devices kicking back relaxing taking a vape and you can have as much desert as you want without putting on weight.

Hi guys I am Amore, Been vaping since last year July never was a smoker so doing 0mg. I just enjoy the different flavors and devices kicking back relaxing taking a vape and you can have as much desert as you want without putting on weight.
Welcome to the forum Amore!

So do you have a favourite setup and favourite juice profile?

Welcome to the forum Amore!

So do you have a favourite setup and favourite juice profile?
Thanx Stosta.

setup would be my sxk billet box and juice is desert juices I think VK black forest cake stands out for me at this stage.

Thanx Stosta.

setup would be my sxk billet box and juice is desert juices I think VK black forest cake stands out for me at this stage.
Very cool! I must say I got to spend some time with an SXK BB this weekend, and it was really really nice, I may just have to add one to my collection!

I'm not a big fan of desert vapes, but I do enjoy Apple Cake from Sickboy77 and Debbie Does Donuts by Mr Hardwicks, then there's also a Milk Tart that The Vape Guy does that is really tasty for a true South African vape experience!

Very cool! I must say I got to spend some time with an SXK BB this weekend, and it was really really nice, I may just have to add one to my collection!

I'm not a big fan of desert vapes, but I do enjoy Apple Cake from Sickboy77 and Debbie Does Donuts by Mr Hardwicks, then there's also a Milk Tart that The Vape Guy does that is really tasty for a true South African vape experience!
I love my Debbie Does got a half bottle standing on my desk. I am thinking of doing a squonker and have been looking around. What is the best one to get? I see the reo is hyped a lot. I want something for amazing flavor.

I love my Debbie Does got a half bottle standing on my desk. I am thinking of doing a squonker and have been looking around. What is the best one to get? I see the reo is hyped a lot. I want something for amazing flavor.
The REO is definitely not just hype, it is an incredible device! The tricky thing with a REO is managing to get hold of one. It is also mechanical so you need to make sure you're comfortable building and fully understand your Ohm's Law and battery safety before you do it.

In saying that there are a lot of squonkers coming out at the moment. The VT Inbox has a solid following so maybe look into one of those?

The REO is definitely not just hype, it is an incredible device! The tricky thing with a REO is managing to get hold of one. It is also mechanical so you need to make sure you're comfortable building and fully understand your Ohm's Law and battery safety before you do it.

In saying that there are a lot of squonkers coming out at the moment. The VT Inbox has a solid following so maybe look into one of those?
I will research a bit on that worked in the electronics industry for 8 years. Never owned a mechanical as I do like the safety of the vw mods. But I would like owning some rare HE stuff. But that comes with time I guess.

I am currently vaping VM xxx in my BB

Hello.
It is my first post.
I have not yet completely switched to vaping. Sometimes I smoke. My experience of smoking is about 30 years.
But I hope to stop it finally.

Hello.
It is my first post.
I have not yet completely switched to vaping. Sometimes I smoke. My experience of smoking is about 30 years.
Welcome to the forum @Vivita !

It does sometimes take a while to stop completely, but in my opinion even if you are managing to cut down on your cigarette intake then you are winning!

Hello @Amy and welcome to the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello.
It is my first post.

Hello @Vivita and welcome to the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum @Amy and @Vivita
Great to have you with us
Congrats on the vaping and wishing you all the best with your journey ahead!
Enjoy the forum !

Hi guys. Name is navz. New to the forum. I'm from durbs. Been vaping about 2 months now.

Welcome @Navz and congrats on th vaping!
Toti rocks
Enjoy the forum and feel free to ask questions as you go along
All the best

Hi all, my name is Pana. I am an expat from Europe and living in beautiful SA (Pretoria) since 2,5 years now. I quit smoking 12 years ago but the last 3 years I was smoking here and there for a week and stopped again for 1/2 a year and so on.
In Feb this year I had again my one week of smoking but then I realized I could not stop. So I borrowed a vape pen from a friend over the weekend and I was hooked!
So I made my research and immediately the following Monday I bought an Ijust S which I liked a lot and still using sometimes. A month later a bought an AL85 kit with the baby beast. I never wanted to build my own coils but somehow I was not happy anymore with the flavor and the cost of the coils. So two months ago I bought my first RTA - The Troll which I really love.
Now I own a Merlin Mini, a Uwell Crown 3, just ordered the new Serpent SMM and a battlestar mod. Also 3 weeks ago I started my first attempt with DIY and the tickets for the Vapecon are also bought already.
Right now I am on vacation in Greece and did find quite a few vape shops here but I have to tell you that the vape market in SA is on a total different level, respect!
Looking forward to come back and get my SMM and my beloved XXX.

Cheers,
Pana

Hi all, my name is Pana. I am an expat from Europe and living in beautiful SA (Pretoria) since 2,5 years now. I quit smoking 12 years ago but the last 3 years I was smoking here and there for a week and stopped again for 1/2 a year and so on.
In Feb this year I had again my one week of smoking but then I realized I could not stop. So I borrowed a vape pen from a friend over the weekend and I was hooked!
So I made my research and immediately the following Monday I bought an Ijust S which I liked a lot and still using sometimes. A month later a bought an AL85 kit with the baby beast. I never wanted to build my own coils but somehow I was not happy anymore with the flavor and the cost of the coils. So two months ago I bought my first RTA - The Troll which I really love.
Now I own a Merlin Mini, a Uwell Crown 3, just ordered the new Serpent SMM and a battlestar mod. Also 3 weeks ago I started my first attempt with DIY and the tickets for the Vapecon are also bought already.
Right now I am on vacation in Greece and did find quite a few vape shops here but I have to tell you that the vape market in SA is on a total different level, respect!

Cheers,
Pana
Welcome to the forum @Pana !

It goes to show that no matter how long ago you quit smoking the craving still lingers, luckily vaping almost completely numbs that out (for me anyways). My father quit his pipe about 14 years ago and still has heavy cravings on a daily basis, but from what I can gather for him at this point it's missing the habit as opposed to anything else.

But congrats on the transition, and good luck on your DIY adventures!

I have been on a bit of a XXX sabbatical myself, so I know how you must be feeling right about now! Enjoy your vacation.

Cheers,
Pana
Most welcome to the forum @Pana. Congrats on kicking the stinky habit. Enjoy the vacation, and the vape mail when you get back. DIY is great fun. Happy vaping.

Most welcome the forum @Dreadside. You certainly have done the hard yards in kicking the stinky habit - well done. Your taste buds should be going havoc about now. Do shout if you have any questions. Happy vaping.
Hi thanks, I'm happy I have stoped smoking have tried before but no success, the vape is a good pacifier for me and my wife.
love it!

Back