Introduce Yourselves:

Thx for the warm welcome guys!

Hey staticx, I've been eyeing out that revenger x mod all day, pondering whether to bite the bullet and just get it. Would love to hear your opinions but I'm also going to watch and read some reviews first.

My problem is my eGo AIO seems to be burning through coils too fast. The two that came with the kit (0.6ohm) lasted about 6 weeks. Just bought a 5 pack of 0.5ohm coils (much better clouds, but I now burn through juice like it's noones business) a week ago, and I'm already on the second one, which started tasting burnt today.

So I'm considering upgrading. Any advise welcome!

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70L using Tapatalk

Hey staticx, I've been eyeing out that revenger x mod all day, pondering whether to bite the bullet and just get it. Would love to hear your opinions but I'm also going to watch and read some reviews first.

My problem is my eGo AIO seems to be burning through coils too fast. The two that came with the kit (0.6ohm) lasted about 6 weeks. Just bought a 5 pack of 0.5ohm coils (much better clouds, but I now burn through juice like it's noones business) a week ago, and I'm already on the second one, which started tasting burnt today.

@veecee the Revenger-X is def a very nice vape to use, this bearing in mind that i have not had any other experience with vaping besides the occasional hit on a friends Vape (i dont even know what mods they have)

Eclipzct would have a bit more knowledge to pass on regarding the mod seeing as he himself is also using the Revenger. You will se he also mentioned some stuff regarding the coils

My experience so far:

I get awesome flavour out of my Vape Wild e-juice and i am currently working between 60W-80w on the GT8.

I do not know yet how much e-juice i will use in a week, but it seems to me it will be a lot haha, only did +- 100 hits yesterday and my battery did not last very long.

The only issue i have had so far was my revenger did not want to unlock last night. I had to do a battery pull

I'm going to look at only buying 100/120ml bottle flavours from now on (when available)

Side note - i have already started looking into RDTA units, just need to do some research the next 2 or 3 months

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Welcome @StaticX !

Fantastic to hear that you're managing to hold off the cigs! It does get easier and easier I promise! My best friend still smokes, and he gets so nervous around me that I might steal his smoke or something when I'm around him. Little does he know I have NO inclination to do so!

Might I recommend you have a look at alldayvapes.co.za to start off with? They do good juices at a very reasonable price. That way you can narrow down what flavour profiles you like without hurting your wallet too much!

Always great to have another metalhead on here! :band: :BangsHeads: :firedevil:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I agree with @Stosta about All Day Vapes. Good flavours, good prices. Furthermore, if you join the Juice Club (which only means that you must write a review of the juice on their website) you get a discount. In addition, what is unique to them is that there basic price is for zero nic. You decide what strenth nic you want and they charge an extra R1.50 per mg nic.

@veecee the Revenger-X is def a very nice vape to use, this bearing in mind that i have not had any other experience with vaping besides the occasional hit on a friends Vape (i dont even know what mods they have)

Eclipzct would have a bit more knowledge to pass on regarding the mod seeing as he himself is also using the Revenger. You will se he also mentioned some stuff regarding the coils

My experience so far:

I get awesome flavour out of my Vape Wild e-juice and i am currently working between 60W-80w on the GT8.

I do not know yet how much e-juice i will use in a week, but it seems to me it will be a lot haha, only did +- 100 hits yesterday and my battery did not last very long.

The only issue i have had so far was my revenger did not want to unlock last night. I had to do a battery pull

I'm going to look at only buying 100/120ml bottle flavours from now on (when available)

Side note - i have already started looking into RDTA units, just need to do some research the next 2 or 3 months

Same same! On the juices and the rtda! Copy and paste...!

Oh and I'm a she not a he.

@veecee this mod is pretty awesome! No problems so far. I am going thu coils pretty regularly as I'm a chain vaper at night. Was 2 weeks now 1 week... It also goes hand in hand with the amount of juice I go thru... As my previous post to @StaticX. batteries don't last, but I think that is with most mods. Just give me a shout if you have anything specific to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same same! On the juices and the rtda! Copy and paste...!

Oh and I'm a she not a he.

@veecee this mod is pretty awesome! No problems so far. I am going thu coils pretty regularly as I'm a chain vaper at night. Was 2 weeks now 1 week... It also goes hand in hand with the amount of juice I go thru... As my previous post to @StaticX. batteries don't last, but I think that is with most mods. Just give me a shout if you have anything specific to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@Eclipzct so sorry about that. . . Me and assuming everyone on a forum is male lol

I got my i4 charger today. Bats on charge cant wait to get back to vaping

@Eclipzct so sorry about that. . . Me and assuming everyone on a forum is male lol

I got my i4 charger today. Bats on charge cant wait to get back to vaping

Hahahahaha i have the same thing happen to me a lot and i used to do a lot of online gaming many years ago. Guys often assume I'm male when I'm actually a she. Dont worry, seeing i always laugh it off and move on.

6 weeks for a coil change is pretty good - i have to replace mine twice a month, i get lucky if its once a month bec i vape sweet stuff but my iJust S burns through a lot of juice, which is why i am diying my own juice... I'm using 0.3 ohm notch coils that i build myself as well.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Hi all

Prob not the right place for this post, but im having a bit of an issue.

I changed my juice this afternoon and now my coil tastes burnt. I cant see any discoloration on the wick

I added my previous flavour again but it still tastes burnt, any advice?
35d734b51f291d78ebbde4753ac9332e.jpg
29db87d39d67365b06b34cae4724c369.jpg

Hi (again!) I think I need to re-introduce myself, as I have been a useless forum member, having only posted about 3 times, and that was over a year ago! The reason: I couldn’t or rather wouldn’t let go of cigarettes, and did not put enough effort into vaping.

So, what’s changed? I had to have an operation on c6/c7 vertebra last week, and on packing for the hospital,decided to dust off my old Istick Nano, fill the Tank with some (now very steeped) vm4 and chucked it into the bag along with a couple of boxes of Pallmall. Long story short, when the lovely ICU staff dragged me back into consciousness last Wednesday, I was too drugged up on morphine to even think about smoking! 24 hours later, I was booted out of ICU and given relative freedom in general ward. Now that I was off the good drugs and getting bored, I started craving a cigarette. Instead of taking the Pallmall for a walk, I decided to give the istick another chance. It suddenly seemed satisfying!! Definitely not how I remembered from a year ago! The 6mg nic juice was having the same calming effect that a stinky would! I can only guess that in my enforced semi comatose state, I had reduced my dependencies on the other addictive rubbish in cigarettes.

So here I am, day six without having had a cigarette, and I now know that vaping can satisfy me and replace the stinkie dependency! I will not relapse!!

Now, before I sign off, I need advice please...... my eleaf 40w Nano is dying (due to the past years neglect, I’m sure). What are your suggestions as a replacement? I’m using both a Vaporesso estoc and a Mello tank with the euc ceramic coils. They seems to give a nice flavor, and don’t leak. Running them at near to max 40w. I don’t have a lot of spare cash lying about to get a big fancy new mod, so I will most probably have to look at second hand. Your advice, and patience in reading above ramblings, is appreciated.

Hi (again!) I think I need to re-introduce myself, as I have been a useless forum member, having only posted about 3 times, and that was over a year ago! The reason: I couldn’t or rather wouldn’t let go of cigarettes, and did not put enough effort into vaping.

So, what’s changed? I had to have an operation on c6/c7 vertebra last week, and on packing for the hospital,decided to dust off my old Istick Nano, fill the Tank with some (now very steeped) vm4 and chucked it into the bag along with a couple of boxes of Pallmall. Long story short, when the lovely ICU staff dragged me back into consciousness last Wednesday, I was too drugged up on morphine to even think about smoking! 24 hours later, I was booted out of ICU and given relative freedom in general ward. Now that I was off the good drugs and getting bored, I started craving a cigarette. Instead of taking the Pallmall for a walk, I decided to give the istick another chance. It suddenly seemed satisfying!! Definitely not how I remembered from a year ago! The 6mg nic juice was having the same calming effect that a stinky would! I can only guess that in my enforced semi comatose state, I had reduced my dependencies on the other addictive rubbish in cigarettes.

So here I am, day six without having had a cigarette, and I now know that vaping can satisfy me and replace the stinkie dependency! I will not relapse!!

Now, before I sign off, I need advice please...... my eleaf 40w Nano is dying (due to the past years neglect, I’m sure). What are your suggestions as a replacement? I’m using both a Vaporesso estoc and a Mello tank with the euc ceramic coils. They seems to give a nice flavor, and don’t leak. Running them at near to max 40w. I don’t have a lot of spare cash lying about to get a big fancy new mod, so I will most probably have to look at second hand. Your advice, and patience in reading above ramblings, is appreciated.

Welcome back @Asterix. Just shows you that all things happen for a reason. That juice must be in the "Special reserve" category by now. LOL.

Regarding the device inquiry, have a look here. There are also many similar threads but this one tries to combine all the information collected in an up to date location.

Welcome once again and best of luck with the conversion. Keep us posted please.

Regards

Hi all

Prob not the right place for this post, but im having a bit of an issue.

I changed my juice this afternoon and now my coil tastes burnt. I cant see any discoloration on the wick

I added my previous flavour again but it still tastes burnt, any advice?
35d734b51f291d78ebbde4753ac9332e.jpg
29db87d39d67365b06b34cae4724c369.jpg

Hi @StaticX
Not easy to see but if the coil tastes burnt it usually means that somewhere inside something is wrong. Maybe not visible from the outside. Probably the best thing is to change the coil :(

Good morning @Asterix , welcome back to the forum and congratulations with the achievement, keep it up, your mindset is now in the right place, so sit back and enjoy the vaping journey. There are a lot of good devices out there, imho look for something that takes a separate battery, you can keep a spare so you won't run out of steam, and to suit your individual style. Enjoy.

Welcome back @Asterix

A big congrats on your restart of vaping and the 6 days stinky free. Keep going. You are doing a great thing!
My mom also stopped stinkies completely after an operation. Am so proud of her.

Perhaps look at a Pico. Its a reliable solid performer.

My experience so far:

@StaticX Just a word of advice if you're going to buy 100ml bottles: don't take a chance with a juice that you haven't tried yet. The flavours/descriptions sound amazing, but I have MANY that have been put into my "HORRIBLE - CAN'T VAPE" box! Fortunately they were all 30ml, but still, it's such a waste of money.

@StaticX Just a word of advice if you're going to buy 100ml bottles: don't take a chance with a juice that you haven't tried yet. The flavours/descriptions sound amazing, but I have MANY that have been put into my "HORRIBLE - CAN'T VAPE" box! Fortunately they were all 30ml, but still, it's such a waste of money.
@Hooked i will def not buy 100ml if not tested seeing as i used a flavour yesterday i could not handle.

I also have another issue, im using the Revenger-X and a friend has the standard revenger, but when using the name flavour his tastes much better. I already replace the coil last night and im still getting the strange taste. . . Maybe its just me haha

Anyways besides that, the unit has again given me the problem where it does not want to unlock or even turn off. . . . Getting a bit worried

Hey everyone. Name's Michael. I have been vaping now for 1 year and 5 months now. I started vaping to try quit cigarettes and have not had a cigarette since. I started with those pen like vapes and have moved on to a box mod, Smok Alien 220W, but that started saying OHM Too Low. Really got me frustrated especially when reading on the internet that it has happened to so many people and that it really can't be fixed. So took my frustrated self to a vape shop and bought a new mod starter kit. I bought the Vaporesso Revenger X kit. Awesome little machine. We take a guess at what has happened already. Yes that's right, not even had it for 24 hours yet and it gives me an error already. It says "Short Atomizer". So I will be going back to that shop today. Wish me luck. Cheers guys.20171128_185341[1].jpg

Hey everyone. Name's Michael. I have been vaping now for 1 year and 5 months now. I started vaping to try quit cigarettes and have not had a cigarette since. I started with those pen like vapes and have moved on to a box mod, Smok Alien 220W, but that started saying OHM Too Low. Really got me frustrated especially when reading on the internet that it has happened to so many people and that it really can't be fixed. So took my frustrated self to a vape shop and bought a new mod starter kit. I bought the Vaporesso Revenger X kit. Awesome little machine. We take a guess at what has happened already. Yes that's right, not even had it for 24 hours yet and it gives me an error already. It says "Short Atomizer". So I will be going back to that shop today. Wish me luck. Cheers guys.View attachment 114787
Hi Michael and welcome to the forum!

My BIL had the same problem with his SMOK tank, and got told the same thing, he had to buy a new atty too!

I've had that issue before to, so maybe just check that your coil is firmly in place inside the tank, and then that the tank is firmly in place on the mod, it wouldn't hurt to wipe down the bottom of the tank and the top of the mod (where they connect, the 510 connection). Sometimes these things can be a bit loose or juice gets in there that cause it to read like that. But if you've been vaping for a year and a half I think it's safe to assume that you've tried this all!

Hope you come right soon, it sucks when you just want a good vape and you run into problems!

Hey Stosta. Thanks for the reply. Yes I tried everything I possibly could apart from taking the whole thing apart and seeing what was wrong but didn't feel like trying that and messing it up even more. I will be going back to the shop today to see about the new mod I just bought. Not even 24 hours since I bought it that it started giving me hassles. But we will see what they say. Hopefully they can fix it, replace it or give me a refund. Will keep you posted.

Hey Stosta. Thanks for the reply. Yes I tried everything I possibly could apart from taking the whole thing apart and seeing what was wrong but didn't feel like trying that and messing it up even more. I will be going back to the shop today to see about the new mod I just bought. Not even 24 hours since I bought it that it started giving me hassles. But we will see what they say. Hopefully they can fix it, replace it or give me a refund. Will keep you posted.
I think if you got it from any of the good vendors (and you obviously haven't abused it) then they will sort you out!

hi all just call me moerse rooikat my gt on xbox
i need help and lots of it a real noob in vaping here is my short story
in oder to get the wife of sig. i got her and me a vape she smokes a pak a day i more 1 a month.
we got the ijust s to start of with and i am all for diy so i diy my juice . well want to trying to.
the problem i am having is i cant taste the flavoring not at 5% nor at 10% mix
here is one i mix tel me what am i doing wrong plz

strabery 10mil vg 60%
Strawberry concentrate (cap)1mil
pg 3mil
vg 6mil
no nic this is just a test
and
irish gream vanilla 40mil
Irish Cream (Cap) 4.7mil
vanilla bean ice gream cancentrate (tfa) 4.7mil
pg 5.8mil
vg 20mil
nic 6.6mil
6% nic
so who can help me i want to taste the flavoring not ques is it there

Hi Veecee,
The 0.5Ω is a better coil. It also has more airflow, and as a result, they increased the wicking. They are going to use more juice - but you're going to get better clouds and flavour. Just note, that sometimes it's the liquid that causes a coil to "burn-out" faster. If it has additives that cause sticky, burn't sugar like deposits on your coil, it's going to prevent you getting clean flavour and you're going to perceive that as a worn-out coil. This generally discolors your wick and you know it's happening when you put fresh liquid in your tank and it immediately darkens as it comes into contact with your atomizer head.

Hi Veecee,
The 0.5Ω is a better coil. It also has more airflow, and as a result, they increased the wicking. They are going to use more juice - but you're going to get better clouds and flavour. Just note, that sometimes it's the liquid that causes a coil to "burn-out" faster. If it has additives that cause sticky, burn't sugar like deposits on your coil, it's going to prevent you getting clean flavour and you're going to perceive that as a worn-out coil. This generally discolors your wick and you know it's happening when you put fresh liquid in your tank and it immediately darkens as it comes into contact with your atomizer head.
Thx Mic. Ive noticed exactly that. Currently switching between lemon ice tea, and jellybean crush. The jellybean is very very sweet, and I noticed that it seems to "burn" the coil more than the other liquid.

Also, its not every hit that tastes burnt, but it does get progressively worse. So I imagine ill be putting in a new coil very soon.

My first flavour was a mint type. Not sweet at all, coil lasted at least twice as long.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

in oder to get the wife of sig. i got her and me a vape she smokes a pak a day i more 1 a month.
we got the ijust s to start of with and i am all for diy so i diy my juice . well want to trying to.

strabery 10mil vg 60%
pg 3mil
vg 6mil
and
Irish Cream (Cap) 4.7mil
pg 5.8mil
vg 20mil
nic 6.6mil
6% nic
Hi @Moerse Rooikat. Welcome to the forum.

In terms of your question, i see you are mixing at 10% plus on cap, that msy be a bit high. More is not always better and can actually mute flavor. Try half those levels next time.

You ate in the right place for diy advice though and i would recomend younpost your request in one of the diy sub forums.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Best regards

strabery 10mil vg 60%
pg 3mil
vg 6mil
and
Irish Cream (Cap) 4.7mil
pg 5.8mil
vg 20mil
nic 6.6mil
6% nic
Most welcome to the forum @Moerse Rooikat. You would be much better off following an established recipe. Check out this forum. In there is this thread on 1 and 2 flavour recipes. Do shout if you have any questions.
Happy vaping.

Back