Introduce Yourselves:

Hi everyone, I am from Pta and have been smoking for 20 odd years now. Last week I had no idea what vaping was and now I don't even miss the stinkies. Amazing. Never thought it would happen ?

Anyway, I am just going to ask if you guys don't mind, and sorry if it has been asked before but I am so confused right now. I cannot afford to keep on buying these Green Smoke cartos. Have been refilling them but they won't last that long.

So: does anyone know where I can get an adapter that will allow me to screw on a clearo? I think Green Smoke batteries are 808-d2, but a lot of the online stores only say 808 adapter and there is a difference between d1 and d2 right?

I like the Green Smoke batteries and don't want to buy another system right now, rather make the progression with time. So if anyone has some suggestions, I would really appreciate it!
Welcome @Triskele . I unfortunately do not have any experience with your mentioned device, but I am sure someone here has walked the same route. Just hang in there, someone should be able to help. You might also have better luck posting your question in the general section.

Hi everyone, I am from Pta and have been smoking for 20 odd years now. Last week I had no idea what vaping was and now I don't even miss the stinkies. Amazing. Never thought it would happen ?

Anyway, I am just going to ask if you guys don't mind, and sorry if it has been asked before but I am so confused right now. I cannot afford to keep on buying these Green Smoke cartos. Have been refilling them but they won't last that long.

So: does anyone know where I can get an adapter that will allow me to screw on a clearo? I think Green Smoke batteries are 808-d2, but a lot of the online stores only say 808 adapter and there is a difference between d1 and d2 right?

I like the Green Smoke batteries and don't want to buy another system right now, rather make the progression with time. So if anyone has some suggestions, I would really appreciate it!

The green smoke devices use a non standard 808-d connector. Read somewhere a long time ago that they did this so that you cannot use other brand cartomizers on their devices.

If you like that size and shape of batteries then try getting a normal 510 device and not the ego based devices. I think that eCiggies still sell standard 510 batteries.

Other option is to go for a mini ego battery.

Wow, you guys are on the ball here! Didn't expect such a fast response, thank you!

Bumble bee and Baksteen, will check those out. That Vape King starter pack is less than the postage from overseas and only R30 more expensive than the Green Smoke carto 5 pack. So that is def worth it until I can afford something better. Like a 505, cheers Yuganp.

Thank you very much again. It's so nice to have a place like this. Stoked!!!

Wow, you guys are on the ball here! Didn't expect such a fast response, thank you!

Bumble bee and Baksteen, will check those out. That Vape King starter pack is less than the postage from overseas and only R30 more expensive than the Green Smoke carto 5 pack. So that is def worth it until I can afford something better. Like a 505, cheers Yuganp.

Thank you very much again. It's so nice to have a place like this. Stoked!!!
Think you mean 510.

You are going to have fun on this journey.

Hi guys

I discovered vaping about two months ago and I have purchased my first pv from VapeKing(thanks Annemarie) 2weeks ago. Didn't start vaping to quit analogs, but hubbly(hookah) over weekends with the mates and 2-3 times per week has been the problem, hence my name on the forum.

I know a lot of people that start vaping for the same reason I did very often get frowned upon by the vaping community due to not being previous cigarette smokers and that smoking hookah is just seen as a social pass time and not a real addiction of sorts, so please take it easy on the criticism:doh:.
Vaping just makes so much more sense to me seeing as it is not harmful smoke that I am inhaling anymore and the flavour is so much better than any hookah flavours.

Hi guys

I discovered vaping about two months ago and I have purchased my first pv from VapeKing(thanks Annemarie) 2weeks ago. Didn't start vaping to quit analogs, but hubbly(hookah) over weekends with the mates and 2-3 times per week has been the problem, hence my name on the forum.

I know a lot of people that start vaping for the same reason I did very often get frowned upon by the vaping community due to not being previous cigarette smokers and that smoking hookah is just seen as a social pass time and not a real addiction of sorts, so please take it easy on the criticism:doh:.
Vaping just makes so much more sense to me seeing as it is not harmful smoke that I am inhaling anymore and the flavour is so much better than any hookah flavours.
Welcome @Hookah_killer

Hi guys

Hookah is more harmful than cigarette smoking. So, your are most welcome. Happy vaping.

Hi guys

Welcome to the forum and a much healthier alternative to hookah, enjoy ;)

Hi @Triskele
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the switch to vaping!
Enjoy the forum, I am sure you will discover we have a great place

Regarding your GreenSmoke question, I think the people who have responded are correct, and i also remember reading what @yuganp said, that they use a proprietary connector. In my view, you are better off going to a more popular Ego or 510 device as your main vaping deviee than trying to source a different carto/tank for the GreenSmoke battery.

I also have a GreenSmoke and i carry it with me everywhere as my backup in my penholder of my man bag. For its size it makes a superb backup. And it doesnt leak. I keep that little green rubber plug attached to the tip. I suggest you move on to other devices and keep the GreenSmoke as an excellent backup.

Best of luck and enjoy the journey

Hi guys

Welcome @Hookah_killer
All the best for your conversion to vaping

While I agree that converting from Hookah to vaping is a good thing, its just the frquency that i think may be an issue. Its a pity to convert a few times a week habit into a daily ongoing habit? Just saying.

Anyhow, I never was. Hookah user so maybe i dont appreciate what it means. All the best though and hope it goes well fo you

Welcome to all the new members.
If you are interested in tasting in receiving a box full of juices to taste, please add your name to the list here.

Hi there guys/girls. Been ghosting around here for a while. Havent had a stinky for 23 days now. Looking for a upgrade soon from my evods.
Cheers
Ferdi.

Welcome @Ferdi , nice to see you peeking out from the shadows :)

Well done on your first few smoke free weeks

Welcome @Ferdi.awesome accomplishment. All of the best going forward

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Welcome @Hookah_killer
All the best for your conversion to vaping

While I agree that converting from Hookah to vaping is a good thing, its just the frquency that i think may be an issue. Its a pity to convert a few times a week habit into a daily ongoing habit? Just saying.

Anyhow, I never was. Hookah user so maybe i dont appreciate what it means. All the best though and hope it goes well fo you
I don't vape everyday, only when the "hookah urge" hits, its more about the relaxing effect and flavour to me than anything else. Planning on getting some 0mg juices at the end of the month so that might change, but will try not to overdo it;). Thanks for the support @Silver .

welcome Hookah_killer hope you enjoy it here and don't turn into a chain vaper ;)

Welcome to the forum @Ferdi :)
Well done on your 23 days free :rock:

sent from a Reo & MVP happy cloud

Hi All, I started vaping about 6 weeks ago as I felt it could be something I would enjoy. I quickly learned I much prefered vaping to smoking analogs, but initially didn't have the willpower to give up the analogs, however that soon changed. I have been completely off analogs for 18 days now, and am really enjoying the vaping journey. I was exposed to this forum at the KZN Vape Meet this past weekend and have found it to be most informative, so I decided to sign up and get involved. Glad to be here!

Back