Introduce Yourselves:

howzit every

Im new 2 vaping and so far 4 days without a smoke,where a normally used 2 smoke about a box and half of lucky strike a day and i couldn't feel any better!! ive tried 2 stop smoking before and went 2 the shops and bought my self a green smoke...personally its a big waste of money!! it kinda put me off eciggs all together.. then a couple weeks ago i decided i wana try it again so i climbed on google and did my research. First i was going for a twisp then i jst found so many people complaining about it!Then by the grace of the Vape God i found this site... did alot of reading and decided to go past vape king kempton to see wat its all about

best move i ever made! Met a guy named Mike there , WOW this guy was such a help!! i was originally going for the
JOYETECH EGO ONE XL STARTER KIT then he convinced me to try the kbox 40w with subtank mini. i have absolutely no regrets this thing vapes like a boss!

So 4 days and going strong cant wait 2 learn more and taste all these great flovours

Welcome @michael dos santos !
Congrats on doing your research and getting decent gear. Makes a big difference!
Well done on the 4 days - should now be closing in on a week
Enjoy the forum and let us know how its going

Hi there everyone! New to the forum. I have been Vaping for 17 months without any hiccups. Bought a Twisp starter pack. And been puffing happily ever since. Due for an upgrade to something bigger and better. Got some great advice from the pro's at the Craft Vapour blind tasting. Thanks to them a new world awaits.

Welcome to the forum @MagicBullet
Was great to meet you at the CV blind tasting event
So glad you joined us.
Take a look around and enjoy the forum
Wishing you all the very best for your next 17 months!

Hi guys and gals, noob vaper and noobie to forums here. Just a little about my vaping journey so far. I got a TWISP as a Christmas present last year and decided to give it try in the New Year. After my first week of vaping and smoking I decided to give up the analogues and havent looked back since. My curiosity about vaping brought me to this site and so the journey began. Three months later and after reading the reviews posted here I got my self a Nautilus Mini and a 30W iStick. My first vape on my new gear was like “:O so that’s what I’ve been missing out on”. Hopefully one day I will graduate to a REO:-D
Current Vape Gear:
2 TWISPs
2 iStick 30 watts
Nautilus Mini
Tobeco Aqua V1 Clone RTA

Stinky free since 08/01/2015

Welcome to the forum @Blu_Marlin
Great gear you have there and nice to see that the forum has helped you
Wishing you all the very best for your vaping journey!

Andre has covered some of the cigar tobacco juices -

I would just add that perhaps you should also sample some of the tobacco juices - i.e. Not specifically the cigar tobacco ones - you may find one that you really like.

Congrats @Redeemer :party::party:

It may not seem like much, but making it through that first week means the battle is basically won :D
Good luck with the next year (or 10) of vaping ;)

@Imthiaz Khan, thank you for the welcome.

@Andre thank you for the information and your kind offer but I wouldn’t want you to go out of your way. I’ve got a bottle of 6mg Vape Elixir Black Cigar and it’s a decent vape. It’s a little woody and has little hint of a smokey aftertaste. I’ll be sure to track down some of the above mentioned liquids. I currently try to use around 3mg nic content. I have some juice that has 9 and 18mg nic. I normally dilute those down to around 3mg. This also dilutes the flavour but i can live with that.
The Alien Vision ones are linked to a local supplier in my post above.

So got an offer, and going for it!
A kind samaritan offered to sell me a REO Grand LP with an Odin, picking it up tomorrow evening.
Then off to VapeKing next week for 4 Efest 3100MaH batteries, 4 port Nitecore charger and new Drip Tip, and I'm in ReoVille! Can't wait!!!

Great gear you have there and nice to see that the forum has helped you
Wishing you all the very best for your vaping journey!

Thank you for welcome @Silver. I’m positive this forum has helped a lot of people find their vaping nirvana;-). After using the Twisp for a while, curiosity got the better of me but upgrading was daunting as there were too many options and TLAs, RBA, RDA, RTA, VV, VW, Mechs, atomizers etc. After reading the reviews and posts here and all I wanted was a tank/atomiser that didn’t leak and a mod/battery that was reliable so I went for the Nautilus mini and the iStick. Its served me well so far.

Andre has covered some of the cigar tobacco juices -

I would just add that perhaps you should also sample some of the tobacco juices - i.e. Not specifically the cigar tobacco ones - you may find one that you really like.

I’ve tried the Twisp, Liqua and Vape Elixir tobacco flavours. All were pretty decent. I add a few drops of vanilla flavour to the tobacco e-juice and that rounds off the flavour a bit. I will definitely keep my mind open about the various e-liquids. I am currently trying to make my own NET with the left over cigars that I have. It’s a bit weird because I would normally keep them moist in my humidor but now I have a few left out to dry for the NET process. It`s going to take a while and a lot of tinkering before I get it right though.

Last edited:
So got an offer, and going for it!
A kind samaritan offered to sell me a REO Grand LP with an Odin, picking it up tomorrow evening.
Then off to VapeKing next week for 4 Efest 3100MaH batteries, 4 port Nitecore charger and new Drip Tip, and I'm in ReoVille! Can't wait!!!
Awesome. Looking forward to welcome you to Reoville. Remember to post a picture in the Reo Mail thread.

Hi my name is Barry

Been off cigarettes since 13 February 2015 and loving it. This vaping thing has got me hooked just ' too lekker"

Hi my name is Barry

Been off cigarettes since 13 February 2015 and loving it. This vaping thing has got me hooked just ' too lekker"

Hi @Smoky Jordan (Barry)

Most welcome to the forum.
Congrats on the vaping and kicking cigs since Feb. Great achievement!
I love the way you summed it up - vaping has got you hooked just "too lekker" - great way of putting it. 100% agree with you on that
I like your Avatar pic. Really cool.

Enjoy the forum - we have a great place here

Hi my name is Barry

Most welcome to the forum. Congrats on kicking the stinky habit - a huge achievement. Shout if you have any questions at all. Happy vaping.

Hi @Smoky Jordan (Barry)

Most welcome to the forum.
Congrats on the vaping and kicking cigs since Feb. Great achievement!
I love the way you summed it up - vaping has got you hooked just "too lekker" - great way of putting it. 100% agree with you on that
I like your Avatar pic. Really cool.

Enjoy the forum - we have a great place here
Thanks for the kind words

Most welcome to the forum. Congrats on kicking the stinky habit - a huge achievement. Shout if you have any questions at all. Happy vaping.
Thank you... I do do have a question for now. I recently bought the Smok XPRO M80 PLUS and Atlantis V2 combo. I'm currently using the 0.3 ohm coils and boy oh boy what flavour and clouds.I can't go really more than 65 watts otherwise its too much for me. It's quite different from my Melo and Subtank mini.

But I wanted to find out, is that whether I can take out the 0.3 ohm coil that I have been using and put the 0.5 ohm coil in to use for a while and switch back to the 0.3 ohm.

Thank you... I do do have a question for now. I recently bought the Smok XPRO M80 PLUS and Atlantis V2 combo. I'm currently using the 0.3 ohm coils and boy oh boy what flavour and clouds.I can't go really more than 65 watts otherwise its too much for me. It's quite different from my Melo and Subtank mini.

But I wanted to find out, is that whether I can take out the 0.3 ohm coil that I have been using and put the 0.5 ohm coil in to use for a while and switch back to the 0.3 ohm.
You have great gear. I do not know of any reason why you could not do that.

Hi all. Need some help. I realise this is prob not the right thread but sure you can point me in the right direction.
I am currently using the nautilus mini on the istick (small one). I use the 1.8ohm coils.

Since this is my first REAL devise since the twisp, i have been really satisfied.

However, the coils have become a serious prob! I've noticed that they are slightly modified (little holes at bottom where juice absorbs have been made larger) besides the obvious visual that i can spot, the coils are just not performing.

I am going through a coil every 5 days. By day 3 they are burnt. By day 5 they are FRIED

At first i thought is me so i reduced my devise to 4.1 v, i used to puff nicely on 4.5v. That made no diff

Then i thought it may be the juice (had coffee) so changed coil again.

Anyway zip improvement, it burnt regardless of oil or that i had reduced even further to 3.9v

I am on my 5th coil since 27/3

Is driving me nuts.

My provider says nothing they can do and i must wait for new batch.

Please help!!!!!

Welcome @Smoky Jordan

Congrats on kicking the smoking habit...vaping is a great thing to be hooked on ;)

As for switching coils, the best would be when you take out the current one and soak it in some clean water for a day or so. Then take it out and leave it to dry. This way, when you go back to it, you will need to prime it again, but you can switch to another juice flavour without too much flavour contamination :D

Enjoy the forum :)

Hi all. Need some help. I realise this is prob not the right thread but sure you can point me in the right direction.
I am currently using the nautilus mini on the istick (small one). I use the 1.8ohm coils.

Since this is my first REAL devise since the twisp, i have been really satisfied.

However, the coils have become a serious prob! I've noticed that they are slightly modified (little holes at bottom where juice absorbs have been made larger) besides the obvious visual that i can spot, the coils are just not performing.

I am going through a coil every 5 days. By day 3 they are burnt. By day 5 they are FRIED

At first i thought is me so i reduced my devise to 4.1 v, i used to puff nicely on 4.5v. That made no diff

Then i thought it may be the juice (had coffee) so changed coil again.

Anyway zip improvement, it burnt regardless of oil or that i had reduced even further to 3.9v

I am on my 5th coil since 27/3

Is driving me nuts.

My provider says nothing they can do and i must wait for new batch.

Please help!!!!!

While I haven't used a Nautilus in a long time, you do sometimes get a pack of dud coils - it's uncommon with the nautilus coils, but it does happen sometimes. I'd try a second pack to see if that makes a difference ;)

Also, if the coils seem modified it might be that they are fakes/clones - check with your supplier.

Unfortunately I can't be of any more help, but hopefully some of the members who still use this device may be able to shed more light on your problem :D

Back